Clear All

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    JCF shirt
    Mallards Knit Tie
    Levi jacket
    514s
    Bonobos pants
    Aketosh Captoes
    Foodie, you wearin' your 514s *underneath* those Bonobos? Now *that's* bummin' it.

All kidding aside... errr... something... classically cool per usual, dude. Love those shoes too; a thrift treasure, no doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      Foodie, you wearin' your 514s *underneath* those Bonobos? Now *that's* bummin' it.

All kidding aside... errr... something... classically cool per usual, dude. Love those shoes too; a thrift treasure, no doubt?
      hah! major typo from me. and yes a thrift find indeed :-)

Comment

Attended a school board meeting last night, so I suited up.

Suit: Bar III
        Shirt: CT
        Tie: JCF, linen/cotton (brand new, snagged it on sale for only $10!)
        Shoes: AE Van Ness

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          Attended a school board meeting last night, so I suited up.

Suit: Bar III
          Shirt: CT
          Tie: JCF, linen/cotton (brand new, snagged it on sale for only $10!)
          Shoes: AE Van Ness
          Nice, man! I bet they took notice of that classiness. Really like those AEs. Just different enough from many of the more-popular AE choices, as seen in these threads; or so it seems to me. I like that, actually. Standards are standards for a reason (they're sweet and they work), but your Van Ness(es) there are superb just the same in my view.

(disclaimer: I am NOT an AE guru of any degree - so maybe the Van Ness is another one of their standards, of which I simply was not aware. But you know what I mean, I think: Park, Strand, Kenilworth, etc. - I just like seeing a few other similar-yet-different "clissic"-looking models thrown in the mix too. Cool!)

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
            hah! major typo from me. and yes a thrift find indeed :-)
            LOL - I was just messin' around. I make MANY typos in my posts and replies. Heck, I probably just made one or two in this simple one. Doh!

Hey, I meant to ask in the previous comment: How do you like those Bonobos chinos (right?)? And what fit are they? - if you don't mind me asking. I've only seen their straight fit (IIRC) in both their chinos and their travel jeans so far, and they were never in my right size, so I'm curious about them. I *did* find a slim-straight pair of their selvage denim - and quickly snatched them up. But not much luck with their chinos or travels jeans.

Yours look great and (as always) fit you very well. Your insight/opinion would likely help me during my next adventure among the piles of pants at Nordy Rack. What a mess!

Comment

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post
              #wiwt

This outfit was inspired by, Yoyo. Just going out for drinks and celebrating a birthday.

Shirt - JCP
              Jacket- Baracuta by J-crew
              Belt - Express
              Jeans - LE canvas
              Shoes - BR
              LOL - Just saw this one (I *think* - slow morning here - neeeed moorrrrrre cofffeeeeee.....)

Thanks for the nod, but your *real* 'Cuta totally destroys my entire attempt. Doh! - I almost moved on the J.Crew one a while back, when it was on some sorta clearance/sale. It was only the red one, though, IIRC - and I really don't want my first (and likely *only*) real Baracuta to be a red one. I think the red is fun - but not something I'd wear often. Thus the reason I'm OK with my el cheap-o thrifted wannabe for the time being. I like the versatility of your tan one much better, and will likely go the navy route if/when I ever bite the *real* bullet. Again, thanks for the nod, even though you followed it up with my destruction. LOL

Comment

Literally just sitting around the house today.

Shirt: Merona Tailored Fit
                Shorts: Mossimo
                Shoes: Pro-Keds
                Watch: Timex
                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                  Nice, man! I bet they took notice of that classiness. Really like those AEs. Just different enough from many of the more-popular AE choices, as seen in these threads; or so it seems to me. I like that, actually. Standards are standards for a reason (they're sweet and they work), but your Van Ness(es) there are superb just the same in my view.

(disclaimer: I am NOT an AE guru of any degree - so maybe the Van Ness is another one of their standards, of which I simply was not aware. But you know what I mean, I think: Park, Strand, Kenilworth, etc. - I just like seeing a few other similar-yet-different "clissic"-looking models thrown in the mix too. Cool!)
                  I'm pretty sure they've been discontinued; I got mine on eBay. They're not AE's top of the line - they have a full rubber sole. I really like them though. The extra brogueing makes them more interesting than plain cap toes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      I'm pretty sure they've been discontinued; I got mine on eBay. They're not AE's top of the line - they have a full rubber sole. I really like them though. The extra brogueing makes them more interesting than plain cap toes.
                      I gotcha, man. That sole also makes them pretty darn versatile, in varying weather conditions. Kinda similar to my recently-thrifted (*gifted*!) Aldens (wearing them today with no fear of the on-again/off-again rain). They have rubber soles, but are still Goodyear-welted, so recraftable if/when needed. Works for me!
                      Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 22, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Looking pretty similar, I guess, to what I wore on Monday (and in that particular WIWT pic). Similar build, just with a few different components. Ah well.

A little cooler out today, due mainly to rain; thus the water-repellent jacket and the umbrella "-ella -ella -eh -eh -eh..."

Jacket: BR
                        Shirt: BR
                        Belt: BR
                        Jeans: 501
                        Socks: JCF
                        Shoes: Alden (thrifted)
                        Watch: Orient
                        Scent: Creed
                        Umbrella: Totes
                        Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 22, 2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

@yoyorobbo: Nice shoes! (Not an invitation.)

Comment

I'm sure I'll catch some flack for the jeans, but oh well. It's a casual day. FWIW, none of the pics really show the true color of the jeans. Either it looks hyper blue or way too faded. And the buckle is satin nickel, but it looks like brass. Anyways...

Shirt: LEC
                            Jeans: A|X
                            Belt: Nautica
                            Watch: Fossil
                            Shoes: AE Bayfields (chromexcel)

Comment

I think you'll take flak for the watch Alan
                              I have a few Fossil's myself and that's one of the better looking ones I've seen..and I used to love fossil watches.
                              Last edited by shad0w4life; May 22, 2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

@bjmcgeever, the fit is great and I really like that tie.

@Jake101: great use of the blue suede shoes and that pocket square is the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X