This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
    Uhhhhh... Mega jelly of that view! (of the lake, not your ass)
    Re *jelly*: "I don't think yo' ready for this jelly..." - LOL, sorry.

LBD (can I call you that? - it's just easier to type without my phone trying to autocorrect it) - Is this your home-home, or a Summer getaway type home? Regardless, NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Dig everything except for the shorts. I know you know they are a bit polarizing, so I won't go all into it. They are a little short for my tastes, but guess what: they're not *mine*. They're *yours*, so let the rocking continue!

Oh, one more thing: your laces. I tried that last Summer, but man did they make a mess on my white tennies. Maybe just too cheap-o of a brand for the laces or something - dunno. Have you had any issues with yours? Maybe I didn't give it a long enough run before I switched 'em back. Hmmnn....

edit: just read your comment above my reply describing it as your family's cabin. Sweetness!
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 21, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcobos95 View Post
      WIWAFWA (What I wore a few weeks ago): Trying to get comfy in the "nantucket red-ish" pants, and whatnot. Let me know what you guys think!
      Hard to tell if you are pulling-off the red pants from that shot, but if you feel confident in them, then I bet you are. I'm still a little leery to bust mine out yet. Gonna try 'em soon, though. At home, the first wearing, I think. Jusssssssst in case. LOL

Oh, and one thing about the red/red/red: I (think) I dig the red pants. I know I dig the red laces. And the socks are pretty cool to mix in to any getup. I'm just not totally sure if it's cool to have red/red/red. I personally went a little white/white/white crazy the other day, and I think I learned my lesson there. Maybe it all works in your whole ensemble - can't see the rest - so if so, or even if not and you still dig it, then rock it as is. I'm just a little on the fence there with the triple red, even though two of the three are just really *details*. Dig?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        "Let's get physical... phy--si--cal..!" - Again, sorry. Probably before y'all's time. The sweater/sweatshirt tied like that just looks a little '80s aerobics to me... I *think*.

Other than that, you nailed *fit* once again, Mikey. Good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Funny that this photo angle is now attributed to me... I think I used it maybe once or twice after seeing Sigtweed do it several times.
          This speaks to the staying power of the BenR brand. Which is why I'd like to introduce my new menswear line:

BenR Law by Bruschetta.

Comment

So you're the diffusion line?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
              Hard to tell if you are pulling-off the red pants from that shot, but if you feel confident in them, then I bet you are. I'm still a little leery to bust mine out yet. Gonna try 'em soon, though. At home, the first wearing, I think. Jusssssssst in case. LOL

Oh, and one thing about the red/red/red: I (think) I dig the red pants. I know I dig the red laces. And the socks are pretty cool to mix in to any getup. I'm just not totally sure if it's cool to have red/red/red. I personally went a little white/white/white crazy the other day, and I think I learned my lesson there. Maybe it all works in your whole ensemble - can't see the rest - so if so, or even if not and you still dig it, then rock it as is. I'm just a little on the fence there with the triple red, even though two of the three are just really *details*. Dig?
              Haha, I dig! Yeah, I was worried about being too matchy-matchy (love that term), but if I remember correctly, I was wearing a white button down, and my navy blazer up top, so the red pretty much dominated my bottom half. I did get a lot of compliments on those red pants, though. So even though you might be a little leery, I say you risk it, and let the compliments roll in!

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                So you're the diffusion line?
                I'm trying to appeal more to style patrons of the northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                  I'm trying to appeal more to style patrons of the northwest.
                  Needs moar plaid.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Gratuitous ass shot. Sorry 'bout it.

JCF shirt, Eddie Bauer sweater, Chubbies shorts, Converse sneakers, Orient Ray on NATO not shown.
                    Honestly I can't take my eyes off the beautiful landscape. That's a million dollar view!

Comment

BenR, best wishes on the bar, and I too have been admiring that fine piece of landscape behind -- um, in the reargro -- I mean, damn.

I like the leather lace thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                        BenR, best wishes on the bar, and I too have been admiring that fine piece of landscape behind -- um, in the reargro -- I mean, damn.

I like the leather lace thing.
                        Well played sir, well played.
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

WIWTW...(this weekend)
                          Better late than never. Still need to wash the mirror, the joys of kids and bathrooms.

Pretty standard by now, I need more 511's.
                          JCF
                          AE

Comment

@BB: Nice, Looking very springy. Those colors have an "alan" vibe to them.
                            @mikey: You look like a dude ready to enjoy his summer vacation from school.
                            @Derek: Those BB Suede Chukkas...nice...
                            @MarkB: Goodz goodz moar casuals!
                            @BenR: I wish I had beautiful legs I could show off to the world
                            @Brushetta: So clean.
                            @Andrew: That JCF tattersal is a very versatile piece. I think it would look better tucked tho.

Somewhat less bummy today:

JCF shirt
                            Mallards Knit Tie
                            Levi jacket
                            514s
                            Bonobos pants
                            Aketosh Captoes

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                              @BB: Nice, Looking very springy. Those colors have an "alan" vibe to them.
                              You can't say things like that to people! They'll burn their clothes and run naked in the streets!

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                                @Andrew: That JCF tattersal is a very versatile piece. I think it would look better tucked tho.
                                It's also a very popular piece. I have it and I'm pretty sure I have seen 4-5 others here who have it too. I like to see how everyone wears the same items differently. It definitely gives me some ideas that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise.

Re: the shirt tail length. It is definitely right in that uncertain area, where I'm not really sure whether I would tuck it in or not. Usually when I'm unsure, I opt to tuck my shirt in though. Just my personal preference.
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X