Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing to get my new blazer broken in a bit more, so wearing it to the office today in classic "fashion mullet" form:

Tossed a pic of the material in there because my mirror shots for some reason always look like donkey poo and I think, for a navy wool blazer, its got some really cool texture. Continue to be happy I upgraded my initial budget for it.

Coat: Suitsupply Havana
    Jeans: JCF
    Shoes: Brooks Brothers Suede Chukkas
    Belt: Brooks Brothers 316
    Shirt: Bonobos
    Watch: Orient Orange Ray

Comment

@DerekH- great shirt - looks like something I saw from Bonobos or BR... The shoes are a nice match on the watch- the pic is a little blurry so it's probably better than what the picture suggests. And the jacket makes me want to get to a Suitsupply and get one myself.

@Mickey- not sure about the matching colors- that's too much for me. If you dig it, let your flag fly.

Comment

@BB- The Jcrew Jacket looks like a camel color- is that the light or just a lighter tan? I think that's a great combo with the jacket and shirt- very subtle on the pallet and blends nicely. I'm not crazy about those cobalt blue pants when I see them on their own, but that's a great pairing in addition to the shoes. I would have gone lighter on the shoes, but I think that would be my mistake because the darker shoe really anchors that with the pants. That's really inspired me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
          Full on summer prep.

Go to hell chinos: Check. Sweater over shoulders: Check. Matching: WAIT WHAT?

Hoodie: Okay this one is a bit of a joke; I just took it off some girl at school and put it on. Pretend it's not there.
          Tee: PacSun
          Chinos: Hawkings McGill (Urban Outfitters)
          I'm just generally not a t-shirt fan. I have a hard time find a situation where a collared shirt doesn't beat an uncollared shirt. I would opt for a polo. That's strictly personal opinion. I like the pants, though.

Comment

@BB: It's almost scary, but I'm wearing something very similar today. The only difference is that I'm wearing very dark jeans instead of navy pants and the shirt is gingham. Otherwise, we're wearing the same style of jacket jacket and exactly the same shoes.

Comment

Another day of running errands.

Shirt: JC
              Pants: 514
              Shoes: Clark's
              Watch: Timex
              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Gratuitous ass shot. Sorry 'bout it.

JCF shirt, Eddie Bauer sweater, Chubbies shorts, Converse sneakers, Orient Ray on NATO not shown.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                  Robbo, I like that casual look. I don't tend to comment on the casual pics because I don't know enough for my thoughts to matter -- it's the next frontier for me.
                  No, it's cool, man. I appreciate it anytime. We certainly can't all comment on every pic - I hope everyone gets that - but any feedback is good, IMO. I knew when I posted that latest pic that it was kind of a boring getup, but it was what it was. Simple and boring can still be done right, and it can still be done way wrong. LOL - So again, I appreciate the comment, bud.

Re your latest look (unless I missed a newer one): Really diggin' that shirt. Someone else mentioned it too above (sorry, not much time to check back - so winging it). Looks like a great Summery color scheme, and goes well with your skin tone. Nice all-around getup, per usual, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                    Coat: Suitsupply Havana
                    Jeans: JCF
                    Shoes: Brooks Brothers Suede Chukkas
                    Belt: Brooks Brothers 316
                    Shirt: Bonobos
                    Watch: Orient Orange Ray
                    LOVE those boots, man! Wish I could see the belt better. Interested lately in some more Brooks Bros gear - mine current BB stuff is mostly thrifted (shirts).

Also interested in your take on the Bonobos shirt. Looking at some of those online today, and hoping to find some in an upcoming return trip to the "Rack." Is that their Summer weight, wrinkle free, or just the more normal cotton jobbie?

And of course, that jacket rules! Love that pattern, especially. I like that kinda coolness that might only be truly visible up close (kinda like the BR birdseye blazer in that way).

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Gratuitous ass shot. Sorry 'bout it.

JCF shirt, Eddie Bauer sweater, Chubbies shorts, Converse sneakers, Orient Ray on NATO not shown.
                      Uhhhhh... Mega jelly of that view! (of the lake, not your ass)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                        Another day of running errands.

Shirt: JC
                        Pants: 514
                        Shoes: Clark's
                        Watch: Timex
                        Mark, those 514s fit you perfectly, dude. Well done.

Comment

You headed to a BBQ tonight, BenR? Your WIWT looks a lot like Joe's suggestions. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            LOVE those boots, man! Wish I could see the belt better. Interested lately in some more Brooks Bros gear - mine current BB stuff is mostly thrifted (shirts).

Also interested in your take on the Bonobos shirt. Looking at some of those online today, and hoping to find some in an upcoming return trip to the "Rack." Is that their Summer weight, wrinkle free, or just the more normal cotton jobbie?
                            It's a cotton poplin so really light-weight. I had wanted to try a button-up from Bonobos for awhile in their slim fit; they actually fit me better than just about any other mainstream brand I've come across yet (JC/JCF slim is a close second place). But I'm not sure if it's worth the price so if you can find some at the Rack for cheaper I say gobble 'em up.

This is the exact shirt: http://www.bonobos.com/pink-green-pl...en-lime-rickey

Brooks Bro belt is nothing special but it's my daily belt; I got it a few years ago. Tan leather (nice leather tho) with a silver buckle and white contrast stitching.

Comment

Another BenR-style WIWT picture.

Navy trousers. AE McNeils. Poplin shirt. Orient Watch. Charcoal cotton v-neck sweater.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                Another BenR-style WIWT picture.
                                Funny that this photo angle is now attributed to me... I think I used it maybe once or twice after seeing Sigtweed do it several times.

@ Alan, no BBQ except I might do a bit of grilling on my own. Just enjoying my last few days of pre bar review freedom at my family's cabin.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X