This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    Cologne guy, I have also adopted the "lean wardrobe" philosophy. You should start a thread about the lean wardrobe concept; I think that it would be a real hit.
    I have way too many shoes and jackets that I refuse to part with to possibly subscribe to such a thing, but I certainly do have a number of other articles I could ditch. Maybe some spring cleaning is in order.

Comment

@cologneguy/bruschetta/alan: I've been thinking about adopting a lean wardrobe as well...I've got a lot of blazers, shoes, shirts and etc...but I often find myself wearing the same pieces most of the time (Filson Jacket, light blue shirts, knit ties) and neglecting my other pieces. If I ever have kids I hope I don't treat them the same way!

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
        @cologneguy/bruschetta/alan: I've been thinking about adopting a lean wardrobe as well...I've got a lot of blazers, shoes, shirts and etc...but I often find myself wearing the same pieces most of the time (Filson Jacket, light blue shirts, knit ties) and neglecting my other pieces. If I ever have kids I hope I don't treat them the same way!
        If those shoes are 12's or those jackets are 40R's, I'll but them for 10 cents on the dollar. You know... To help you out. :-D

Comment

I've been trying to cut back a lot lately too. I'm trying not to buy any more button up shirts and pants. Already have too many. I'm almost done with the shoes too. I can't stop with the watches though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            I've been trying to cut back a lot lately too. I'm trying not to buy any more button up shirts and pants. Already have too many. I'm almost done with the shoes too. I can't stop with the watches though.
            Everybody has their own vices, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              Everybody has their own vices, I suppose.
              http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...orite-Cocktail

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Cologne guy, I have also adopted the "lean wardrobe" philosophy. You should start a thread about the lean wardrobe concept; I think that it would be a real hit.
                OK, bruschetta... I'll try to give it a whirl - maybe later tonight or tomorrow when I get some downtime from work. Could be fun.

Tough for many of us to say no though; let alone actually get *rid* of stuff, right? LOL - I actually have a closet (and several big bags) full of stuff I'm getting rid of this year. I just need to get rid of even more than that! It's silly, sometimes, the amount of *stuff* we humans seem to procure and *store*.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                  @BB: The khaki/grey looks a little plain, but I don't think it's inherently bad. The shoes match the formality of the rest of the ensemble. I would have probably chosen a different pant color, but I like the shirt and jacket together.
                  Thanks for the feedback, and I agree -- perhaps I should have worn navy pants with the off-white jacket.

Comment

WIWAFWA (What I wore a few weeks ago): Trying to get comfy in the "nantucket red-ish" pants, and whatnot. Let me know what you guys think!

Pants: Old Navy Slim-fit
                    Shoes: Stafford Wingtips
                    Socks: BR

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      As noted by LosRockets, it is. I think it's pretty versatile, but before pulling the trigger, you should be aware that the weave actually causes it to look like it has a bit of shine to it. It doesn't, but the navy and white threads together in the oxford weave cause kind of a faux-sharkskin optical illusion. It's not dramatic, but it is there and you should keep it in mind.

That said, I really like this jacket. It's a very good weight for spring - though it may be a little warm for summer. They are actually out of the pants in my size, but I'm checking daily, because I would really like to complete the suit.
                      Shomas - Were you surprised by how dark the Thompson Oxford is? I just got mine in the mail and was a little taken back. Don't get me wrong, I really love it. I just don't know how well it will work in the summer (due to weight and color both). However, considering i am in the middle of midwest and the "competition" will likely be wearing charcoal wool suits, it will probably be more appropriate than anyone.

My main question for everyone is this though...anything wrong with switching out the black buttons for brown? I really don't wear any black and I think it would be more versatile with brown buttons.

Also, FYI, they were out of my size pants too so i called around to brick and mortar factory stores and they shipped them to me for free as long as i went over $100 (easy since i bought the full suit).

Comment

Originally posted by RunDadRun View Post
                        Shomas - Were you surprised by how dark the Thompson Oxford is? I just got mine in the mail and was a little taken back. Don't get me wrong, I really love it. I just don't know how well it will work in the summer (due to weight and color both). However, considering i am in the middle of midwest and the "competition" will likely be wearing charcoal wool suits, it will probably be more appropriate than anyone.

My main question for everyone is this though...anything wrong with switching out the black buttons for brown? I really don't wear any black and I think it would be more versatile with brown buttons.

Also, FYI, they were out of my size pants too so i called around to brick and mortar factory stores and they shipped them to me for free as long as i went over $100 (easy since i bought the full suit).
                        I don't know that I was surprised by how dark it was, but I got it long enough ago that I don't really remember what I was expecting.

Yes, switching the buttons to brown will look good, I think.

Thanks for the tip re the B&M stores. I'll give it a shot. If it doesnt pan out, I usually wear a 32x30 and I notice that the 33x30 is in the site today, so maybe I'll go for that. An extra inch is unlikely to make a massive difference since their pants fit me pretty slim anyway.

Comment

Robbo, I like that casual look. I don't tend to comment on the casual pics because I don't know enough for my thoughts to matter -- it's the next frontier for me.

Alan, what's the quality on that Isaia tie? Is it as good enough to warrant Isaia's grail status? I see those things go for good money on eBay.

JCrew jacket
                          TH shirt
                          LEC chinos (a cobalt blue)
                          Stafford wingtips

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                            Alan, what's the quality on that Isaia tie? Is it as good enough to warrant Isaia's grail status? I see those things go for good money on eBay.
                            Truth be told, it's MUCH nicer than any other tie I own. There's NO comparison. However, I think the bigger question is whether or not they're worth it at that price, and for most people, the answer is an easy "no". Mine was a gift. It came from my brother's wife who used to work in the buying department for Neiman Marcus. She bought it as a vendor sample for about $15. Otherwise, there's no way I could/would own it.

Comment

Full on summer prep.

Go to hell chinos: Check. Sweater over shoulders: Check. Matching: WAIT WHAT?

Hoodie: Okay this one is a bit of a joke; I just took it off some girl at school and put it on. Pretend it's not there.
                              Tee: PacSun
                              Chinos: Hawkings McGill (Urban Outfitters)

Comment

Originally posted by RunDadRun View Post
                                LesserBlackDog - How do you like the Crown and Buckle leather nato from a couple days ago?
                                Oops, I missed this somehow.

I like it. I got it on sale because it was made too thin, which I actually like. Very comfortable.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X