X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it Derek, great look.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      @acoustic--Which supergas do you have? I was considering a pair, but I couldn't find anywhere to try them on, so I went with ProKeds instead (which are pretty darn comfy I must say).
      I just have the regular white canvas ones that I replaced with leather laces:

Brooks Brother's stores apparently carry SuperGAs as well if you need a place to try:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Superg...FUeCQgodbhkArg

Comment

@acoustic--Thanks. I wish I had known that Brooks carried them. I grabbed these of eBay for $25 recently though. Far more comfortable than chucks IMO.

I'll keep that in mind for the future.
        Last edited by MarkB; May 19, 2013, 11:42 PM.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Got the Claiborne khaki. Fits damn perfectly. What do you think? (Only issue is armholes are slightly low and it's lined) on that note, can't envision a scenario ill ever wear it in. Worst 100 bucks lol
          Last edited by Jake101; May 19, 2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
            Got the Claiborne khaki. Fits damn perfectly. What do you think? (Only issue is armholes are slightly low and it's lined) on that note, can't envision a scenario ill ever wear it in. Worst 100 bucks lol
            That is damn good OTR. I might shorten the sleeves a bit, but that's a personal preference. I have a cotton/linen khaki blazer that I got off eBay awhile back. I have only worn it a few times, so I know what you mean. I was in school though so it was a struggle to work my blazers into the rotation at all. You might have to just wear it out running errands or something ;-)
            Last edited by MarkB; May 19, 2013, 11:55 PM.
            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@ Acoustic - The coat is some kind of waxed cotton, though it's not as waterproof as I would like. It looks oily in the picture just because it's wet. I think I might treat it with Granger's or something, for enhanced water resistance.

@ Jake - You could always break the suit up and wear it as separates. A chino suit is a tough sell but I would think you could find ways to wear a khaki blazer.
              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; May 20, 2013, 02:17 AM.
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                To finish out the week:

Jacket: JCF
                Shirt: BR (linen-cotton in keeping with an emerging theme)
                Pants: Bonobos
                Shoes: AE
                Watch: Omega/J crew strap
                Pocket square: the Tie Bar
                Is this the Oxford Cloth Thompson?

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
                  Is this the Oxford Cloth Thompson?
                  Bingo.

Comment

Thanks. Looks real good. Could you sport that with navy pants and some stone/white suede oxfords?

Comment

With a pair of navy jeans or chinos, yeah I think it can work.

Comment

I really want some white suede oxfords, just dont know exactly how I would wear them haha.

Sorry for the slight derail.

Comment

LesserBlackDog - How do you like the Crown and Buckle leather nato from a couple days ago?

Comment

@Jake101: The only scenario I can come up with is an outdoor wedding if its not too hot. I have a cotton khaki suit, too. I've worn the jacket a couple times (including this past Saturday), but I haven't even altered the pants yet.

Comment

Looking good, guys. BJ, I like the shirt/jacket/tie. Shomas, excellent as always. Jake, looks great -- I wear my khaki suit once a week to work when it's spring, and even into the fall a bit (it's warm here until November). YMMV.

Is cream/grey a mistake? No worries if it is, since my workplace is deserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                +1 to shorten the sleeves (I'm doing that myself since I got the same suit this past month) but I like the sleeves to fall at or on the wrist bone. I've been wondering what scenario I can wear it as well- I couldn't pass up the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X