This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bstv69 View Post
    Hey my first post here, taking a lady friend out tonight. Thoughts...

http://imgur.com/a/zEaWf

Blazer: BR Tailored Velvet Blazer
    Shirt: DKNY (lol)
    Pants: Ted Baker
    Socks: Ted Baker
    Shoes: AE Walnut Strand
    Watch: 1969 Omega Constellation 751 Movt. (my baby)
    Liking the socks and watch.

Comment

Drizzly Saturday and dirty mirror edition....

Shirt- Stafford Prep
      Pants- Merona
      Shoes- J&M single monk

Comment

#wiwt

This outfit was inspired by, Yoyo. Just going out for drinks and celebrating a birthday.

Shirt - JCP
        Jacket- Baracuta by J-crew
        Belt - Express
        Jeans - LE canvas
        Shoes - BR

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
          Early morning weekend work event have you down? Try seersucker. It says, "We all really should have brought flasks."

J Crew seersucker
          Thrifted shirt
          Thrifted Samuelsohn tie
          Stafford wingtips
          Whaddaya mean "should have?"

I'm unreasonably excited to see some seersucker here. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
            Drizzly Saturday and dirty mirror edition....

Shirt- Stafford Prep
            Pants- Merona
            Shoes- J&M single monk
            That stafford prep shirt fits you really well. I really liked that design when I was browsin' around JCPenny but I just couldn't get it to fit to my frame. I also like the shoes. I have similar ones from J&M, but just a regular oxford style.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
              @ Emmett - The suit is Jcrew Factory, Shirt JCP , Tie - Stafford TC Shoes - Lands End and socks - Happy
              @Acoustic - I thought about going a little more springy, but I have been wearing suits all week and have exhausted alot of my options. hence "trying something new"

Comment

Originally posted by bstv69 View Post
                Hey my first post here, taking a lady friend out tonight. Thoughts...

http://imgur.com/a/zEaWf

Blazer: BR Tailored Velvet Blazer
                Shirt: DKNY (lol)
                Pants: Ted Baker
                Socks: Ted Baker
                Shoes: AE Walnut Strand
                Watch: 1969 Omega Constellation 751 Movt. (my baby)
                That watch is badass. Heirloom?

Comment

Thank you, no actually picked it up on eBay. It was my first real watch I bought, got it for ~$300 on eBay. Had to put $500 for an overhaul since it was so old but it runs like a charm.
                  It kills me on here, Dappered really seems to push orient, and I feel like there are so many good vintage watches out there that you can invest some money in, and they will not only retain there value but mean a bit more than an orient. I understand having beater watches, I have a seiko dive watch for everyday but I definitely think the value of a good watch is under-appreciated. And if you invest in a vintage omega pre mid 1970s before the swiss watch collapse, you have a watch that was regarded in the same category as rolex if not better. Sorry for the rant, just kills me seeing people invest money in all these watches and do not understand the true value of a watch.

Comment

Dressed up for church today, and ignoring the fact that today's high is in the 90s with 100% humidity. Not the most summery outfit, but I like it.

Blazer: J Crew
                    Shirt: CT
                    Tie: JCF
                    Pants: JCP
                    Shoes: AE Malvern

Comment

Taking my son to soccer and running errands today. Man is it HOT already. I think it's 80+ by 8am.

Shirt: JCF
                      Shorts: JC (got them for $19 this week)
                      Belt: JCF
                      Watch: Timex
                      Shoes: Pro-Keds

It's been awhile since I posted in a WIWT. There's so much activity in this thread lately, I think there are twice as many people posting here since I started following it only a few months ago. Everyone is looking pretty darn sharp too. I'm jealous of all of you guys that can still wear any layers at all. Wearing chinos is getting slightly rough at this point. I'll be moving in a month or so, hopefully this will change.
                      Last edited by MarkB; May 19, 2013, 01:17 PM.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@ BJ - I like that fit a lot, though there's something about the color of the jacket and pants together that comes off a bit odd in the photo. Perhaps just the lighting.
                        @ Mark - Nice casual look... I got that jealousy right back atcha, at least a little bit. 40s and rainy here.

LLBean Signature coat, LEC shirt, JCP sweatshirt, Target jeans, Stormy Kromer hat, Hamilton watch, Chippewa boots.
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          @ BJ - I like that fit a lot, though there's something about the color of the jacket and pants together that comes off a bit odd in the photo. Perhaps just the lighting.
                          Thanks. I couldn't really decide what pants to wear with the rest of the outfit. I figured navy pants would be too much blue. I wasn't sure if a darker gray would work with the tan jacket.

Comment

Was real happy to finally get a navy blazer I actually like so I decided to tour Georgetown in a little high-low style and try it out. Somehow managed to not spend $500 in jcrew and H&M.

Blazer: Havana Plain Navy, Suitsupply
                            Shirt: JCF Summer Weight
                            Watch: Orient Orange Ray
                            Pants: JCF Urban Slim Denim
                            Shoes: White Jack Purcells

Last edited by DerekH; May 19, 2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

@Bj: Great fit. really like it
                              @MarkB: whoo hoo more casual fits from everybody!
                              @BenR: Man you know I love them workwear clothing! That coat looks fantastic. Is it oiled cotton?
                              @DerekH: The high low works for you.

Looking like a bum per usual:

ON shirt
                              DKNY zip sweater
                              514s
                              SuperGAs

Comment

@acoustic--Which supergas do you have? I was considering a pair, but I couldn't find anywhere to try them on, so I went with ProKeds instead (which are pretty darn comfy I must say).
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X