This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post
    Duuuuuude, I really like that jacket. I really like the G9 harrington style. I have a similar one made by J-crew in Khaki. I didn't think I could pull off the James Dean red, but you did it really well there.
    The secret, as Yoyo is no doubt aware, is to dramatically yell "you're tearing me apaaaart" every half hour or so.

Comment

Shirt: Neiman Marcus Brown Check
      Pants: MTM
      Shoes: LE Tan Loafers
      Socks: Pantherella
      Watch: Orient Symphony
      Tie: Tommy Hilfiger

Comment

Shomas, looks great. So do you, Jake. Robbo I love the jacket, and pratyk the shoes.

Here's my semi-formal getup. Same jacket as the daytime, worn in suit form (LE linen cotton).
        LE tie
        Nordstrom brand shirt (thrift)
        AE Park Avenues

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          @Mikey: That's a good looking prom tux. Way better than mine was. :-P I hope it still fits after a couple years in college, but you look like the kind of guy who won't have that trouble. :-)

Seriously. My high school tux... Glad I don't remember anything about that. Probably looked like I was wearing a trash bag.

Comment

I like that Jake. Let us hear the particulars, please. Thanks!

Comment

Early morning weekend work event have you down? Try seersucker. It says, "We all really should have brought flasks."

J Crew seersucker
              Thrifted shirt
              Thrifted Samuelsohn tie
              Stafford wingtips

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                Early morning weekend work event have you down? Try seersucker. It says, "We all really should have brought flasks."

J Crew seersucker
                Thrifted shirt
                Thrifted Samuelsohn tie
                Stafford wingtips
                Loving everything about this... Except the part about working on a weekend.

Comment

Well today is graduation day for my MBA from Southern Methodist University! Still digging in the closet to decide what I'll wear under the regalia, but our school colors are blue, red, and white (in order if primacy).

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

J Crew seersucker
                    Thrifted shirt
                    Thrifted Samuelsohn tie
                    Stafford wingtips
                    Very nice BB!

Comment

@BB: Great looking fits. I really like the simplicity of the fit with the brown PAs
                      @yoyo: Nice to see some harringtons in the WIWT
                      @Prat: simple clean and fits great
                      @shomas: loving the use of double monks in the spring
                      @vicious: More casual fits! I think you would look better without the undershirt tho
                      @Jake: The fit and all is good per your usual...something just looks a bit off. It may be that those colors are more suited for the fall than spring weather.
                      @alan: Nice use of classic color combos. I think a pair of tan loafers would have gone better tho.
                      @mikey: that henley, shirt and denim jacket layering looks pretty nice.

Budget Casual Bum fit:

H&M shirt: $2.00
                      Jcrew Chinos: $4.00
                      Footjoy loafers: $3.50

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        @BB: Great looking fits. I really like the simplicity of the fit with the brown PAs
                        @yoyo: Nice to see some harringtons in the WIWT
                        @Prat: simple clean and fits great
                        @shomas: loving the use of double monks in the spring
                        @vicious: More casual fits! I think you would look better without the undershirt tho
                        @Jake: The fit and all is good per your usual...something just looks a bit off. It may be that those colors are more suited for the fall than spring weather.
                        @alan: Nice use of classic color combos. I think a pair of tan loafers would have gone better tho.
                        @mikey: that henley, shirt and denim jacket layering looks pretty nice.

Budget Casual Bum fit:

H&M shirt: $2.00
                        Jcrew Chinos: $4.00
                        Footjoy loafers: $3.50
                        Great combination. The shirt looks great on you.

The only thing I would recommend is rolling the sleeves just a bit higher.
                        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

@ Shomas - You probably make the best case for monkstraps of anyone I've seen.
                          @ Vicious - Lookin' breezy in linen.
                          @ Yoyo - Interesting combination of primary colors. I think I might have liked to have seen a stronger neutral to tone them down and make them less "patriotic" looking... maybe grey or olive shirt or pants, rather than the white and beige you went with. Just my inclination.
                          @ Jake - Like everything but the shirt/tie combo. I would have gone with either a darker tie or a lighter shirt. Again, just my opinion.
                          @ pratyk - This outfit would be even better with a light grey blazer!
                          @ BB - Both good outfits, but I especially like the first one (with the burgundy tie and Park Aves).
                          @ Foodie - That's a nice, simple casual look. I wonder if it's almost too simple? Maybe it would get too "business casual" if you tucked the shirt and added an interesting belt.

It's been cool and on-again, off-again rainy here for the past couple days.

Old Navy shirt, Eddie Bauer sweater, Target cargos, Chippewa boots, Timex watch with Crown & Buckle leather NATO.
                          Ben

Comment

First Post WIWT

Hey my first post here, taking a lady friend out tonight. Thoughts...

http://imgur.com/a/zEaWf

Blazer: BR Tailored Velvet Blazer
                            Shirt: DKNY (lol)
                            Pants: Ted Baker
                            Socks: Ted Baker
                            Shoes: AE Walnut Strand
                            Watch: 1969 Omega Constellation 751 Movt. (my baby)

Comment

bstv69, welcome to the forums! Break a leg out there, we're rooting for you.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                                X