Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the belt thing really only applies to brown or black dress shoes. If it's sneakers, boat shoes, etc. I'm not as worried about matching perfectly.

Comment

To finish out the week:

Jacket: JCF
      Shirt: BR (linen-cotton in keeping with an emerging theme)
      Pants: Bonobos
      Shoes: AE
      Watch: Omega/J crew strap
      Pocket square: the Tie Bar

Comment

@alan: Re fellow employees - I hear ya, man. Ever since my workplace put the "everyday casual dress code" into action, it has gone further and further down the wormhole. I can't say I don't like the fact that it's in place, because sometimes I like to bum it too. But some of these guys have a whole different interpretation of style; a *sucky* one. Hang tight with your slick getups (I know you're a vet around these parts, so that advice is probably unnecessary) - they might not get it, but sounds like you understand why, and are totally good with that. Good call. LOL

@alan (again): Re your most current pic - I see that Merona (sorta-)OCBD seems to be nagging at me again. As I noted above to BB, I tried those on a while back at Target (last year, I guess), but didn't like their fit on me or their collar in general, IIRC. I have dropped a few lbs since then, so maybe I should try them again, sizing down to a MED. Last time the LARGE was too ... well.. *large*, and the MED was a definite no-ah-ah - pulled way too tight across the chest and midsection. Your pic there is making me think I need to give 'em a whirl again. Do you like them, compared to any other brands that you might have in your rotation? Oh, and the shoes there are a tad loud, but everything else is pretty passive (toned-down), so I think they're fine. Nice POP!... as it were.

@Mikey: Your Beckham half-tuck is legendary. Wow, that was weird typing that. Anyway, I will certainly *not* be rockin' that look, but again, seemingly per usual, you are able to get away with it. Ahhhh.... *youth*. Your Prom pics are awesome! Probably a good call to cut the ladies out of the pics. Of course that only magnifies the mystery concerning your studly double-dip, but that's sometimes what keeps great stories great. Thanks for sharing those additional pics.

@Vicious: Re your *fully*-untucked linen shirt look, I'd probably tuck it, personally, but it's not bad as is, on you there. As someone said, it's a decent length to leave untucked, so really, who knows... maybe I would rock it like that too. LOL - Confusing reply? Yep! Sorry. I can say for certain though, that I don't think you should go unbuttoned with a t-shirt underneath. I think it looks much classier-casual as you have it there, tucked or not. I think either pants color would be fine, but I'm partial to navy & white. I think the darker navy makes the white shirt look even more crisp. Kinda like a navy blazer's magic that it works on a plain white dress shirt. Dig?

Comment

I changed it up. Not sure if it works or not. I figured if I had to wear a shirt under the white linen, why try to hide it. So I switched to a colorful tee. Then ended up going with the brown linen pants and boat shoes. And yes, this is actually sockless. I can't wear them with socks, it just doesn't fit right. I figured this was another opportunity to wear this recently acquired belt as well (not that anyone can see it).

shirt - BR
          tee - JCrew Factory
          pants - BR
          shoes - Sperry
          belt - STP

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            I changed it up. Not sure if it works or not. I figured if I had to wear a shirt under the white linen, why try to hide it. So I switched to a colorful tee. Then ended up going with the brown linen pants and boat shoes. And yes, this is actually sockless. I can't wear them with socks, it just doesn't fit right. I figured this was another opportunity to wear this recently acquired belt as well (not that anyone can see it).
            I'm not sold on the bright shirt underneath, but I'm not sure the alternatives are much better. White linen shirts are just hard to pull off (IMO). Do you have any grey tanks you could try? Otherwise, you can bite the bullet and just lose the undershirt, but that probably depends on what's under that shirt. Everything else looks good to me, though.

Comment

Vicious, I strongly dislike the look of a t-shirt under a button down. I also have a problem wearing light linen shirts without an undershirt. I have some light grey v-neck "airism" undershirts form Uniqlo that don't show through linen, but I still feel self-conscious about it. That's a nice, unique belt. Where is it from?

hexington11, I like this outfit sans the cigarettes.

Cologne guy, this looks great.

BB, you're back! I like the pants.

Alan, you crack me up with those shoes. The rest looks good as usual.

Mikey, you cropped the most interesting part out (the women)! Nice going, slick. You look great, and more importantly you look happy.

Comment

@Vicious, I think you're spot on there regarding the belt matchy-match rule. I'm gonna work on it this Summer. Lots of options to try. Should be fun!

On that note, I'm not even gonna tell you guys what belt I'm wearing today. Maybe I'm not even wearing one at all... Accessory ambiguity abounds! MUUHHHAHAHAHA...!!!

Jacket: Timber Ridge (thrifted - my cheapie Baracuta G9 Harrington wannabe)
                Polo: Original Penguin
                Belt: ▓▓▓▓▓▓
                Chinos: Dockers
                Shoes: BR
                Watch: Swiss Army
                Scent: Creed
                Shades: BR

@Vicious, this is the jacket I was talking about when you and I were chatting regarding your recent red jacket purchase from BR. It is not even close to the quality of yours, let alone a real Baracuta, but it was like $4 or something, so it's a pretty decent beater jacket; until I get the real deal, of course. I think I'd like to get a navy G9, in the vintage/slim fit. So choice!

Comment

Trying something new.

Comment

Bruschetta - I need to pick up some grey undershirts. Now that I'm wearing lighter summery shirts, I can see the white undershirts showing through them a bit.
                    The belt is from Sierra Trading Post. I picked it up for about $6-7. It's mostly brown canvas with that little bit of leather and the hook in front.

Yoyo - I have a horrible sense of smell so I wear whatever cologne the wife says she likes. Also, I actually like your red jacket much better than mine. It looks lighter and not as stiff.

Comment

Shomas and Jake101, solid work gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        Thank You Sir

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          The ever ubiquitous one, in flanker form. It's *Cool Water Summer Fizz*, a special edition release from several years back. Many folks claim the original CW to be a *Green Irish Tweed* copy, but actually to my nose, this flanker is a slightly-closer comparison. Shame it only lasts a couple hours max. But it's a good one for when you don't need (or want) a scent to last very long. An even much closer copy of a GIT is the very affordable *Aspen*; again, to my nose. It's certainly more synthetic, and doesn't have anywhere near the projection or longevity of GIT, but for a similar vibe, it's not bad for a cheapie.
                          Have you ever tried the old and defunct Davidoff Goodlife?

Comment

That red jacked is the business yoyo, nice work.
                            "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                                @Vicious, I think you're spot on there regarding the belt matchy-match rule. I'm gonna work on it this Summer. Lots of options to try. Should be fun!

On that note, I'm not even gonna tell you guys what belt I'm wearing today. Maybe I'm not even wearing one at all... Accessory ambiguity abounds! MUUHHHAHAHAHA...!!!

Jacket: Timber Ridge (thrifted - my cheapie Baracuta G9 Harrington wannabe)
                                Polo: Original Penguin
                                Belt: ▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                Chinos: Dockers
                                Shoes: BR
                                Watch: Swiss Army
                                Scent: Creed
                                Shades: BR

@Vicious, this is the jacket I was talking about when you and I were chatting regarding your recent red jacket purchase from BR. It is not even close to the quality of yours, let alone a real Baracuta, but it was like $4 or something, so it's a pretty decent beater jacket; until I get the real deal, of course. I think I'd like to get a navy G9, in the vintage/slim fit. So choice!

Duuuuuude, I really like that jacket. I really like the G9 harrington style. I have a similar one made by J-crew in Khaki. I didn't think I could pull off the James Dean red, but you did it really well there.

Comment

Working...
                                X