This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
    @Shomas - look great. No visible tears, scrapes, etc? I ended up ordering the regular AE Neumoks in tan suede, because that was the color I was after. Here's hoping they arrive looking alright!
    I honestly can't see any issues. There was one spot on the toe where the suede looked a tiny bit scuffed, but I just rubbed it a little with my finger and it came out, so I doubt that's the issue.

Comment

@shomas - Awesome. I wonder - what shoe care will you be using on them? I know AE has a spray they recommend for suede shoes; is that the way to go?

@bjmcgeever - great fit on everything, and I like the jacket. From this season?

Comment

@bjmcgeever - great fit on everything, and I like the jacket. From this season?
        I got it about a year ago, but it looks to be the same as this current one.

Comment

Sunny but chilly day in the Pacific NorthWest.

Shirt: DKNY slim-fit cotton stretch
          Sweater: J-crew factory (heather grey)
          Pants: JCP chino (navy)
          Belt: J-crew
          Shoes: Stafford Wingtip Boots
          Cigs: Marlboro red classics
          Lighter:Random

Comment

@Shomas - When I was first lurking around these threads you were one of the users where I was like.."Dang, that dude has some serious style." I need to get on your level. That is a great ensemble.

@BJ - I want those shoes.

Comment

@hexington- if you're a smoker I suggest a zippo (can pass through the TAA carry-on regs opposed to the jet lighters) or this as a lighter-
              http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/pipeline/

Zippos or Xikars are much better than the disposables. Zippos are good due to inexpensive and reliable and warranty. Xikars are excellent for the same reason but really for cigars and pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                @hexington- if you're a smoker I suggest a zippo (can pass through the TAA carry-on regs opposed to the jet lighters) or this as a lighter-
                http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/pipeline/

Zippos or Xikars are much better than the disposables. Zippos are good due to inexpensive and reliable and warranty. Xikars are excellent for the same reason but really for cigars and pipes.
                I am not really much of a smoker but I do smoke socially. Interesting, I've actually never heard of Xikars but they look sleek. I have a couple of Zippo lighters in my house somewhere. Yeah that $1.99 lighter w/the flame designs on it probably won't score me any style points. hehe! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Yoyo - I take full credit for your previous outfit. Everyone else, not my credit, but looks great!

Comment

@shomas - Awesome. I wonder - what shoe care will you be using on them? I know AE has a spray they recommend for suede shoes; is that the way
                    That's all I've done to mine. I do wonder though if there's anything else I should be doing. With leather shoes, they recommend your brush them off before and after wearing them it I can't exactly do that with suede.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                      Robbo, let's be honest, Don Draper wearing Zubas, Crocs and a Jersey Shore Going-Out Shirt would still look better than me even on my best day...
                      He probably could still seal the deal in that getup you just composed for him. Crocs? Maybe not. But I wouldn't count him out. That being said, don't sell yourself short, broham. Your style rocks. Solllll-idddd.

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post
                      @Yoyorobbo - Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I grabbed that tie at the same time you did; I grabbed the chambray one as well. Yeah, I've learned that everything I buy from American Eagle will only be with me for a season, haha, so I don't blame you for returning these ties.
                      I didn't think it was a bad tie; it was just a little *slim* (did I say, *thin*? - I meant *slim*) - and it was a bit of a repeat - not exact, but I'm trying to limit some of my (too) similar items. I did pick up a cotton (chambray-ish looking) tie from them that same weekend, and wore it on Easter Sunday. It was a light/pastel blue one. I sure hope it lasts longer than what you're saying. LOL Ah well, if not it was like what, $10? Maybe even less. No biggie.

Originally posted by BB View Post
                      The slow descent to summer casual at the office continues. Next week, no more jacket -- except for odd days here and there -- until September.
                      At least wear your jackets *to* work. That way we can all enjoy the great combos you've been rockin'. But yes, I hear ya man. It has already started kickin' up, heat-wise around here, and it does make it tough to layer. Not impossible, but tricky for sure. Linen and linen/cotton blends are becoming pretty good friends of mine.

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                      Just realized I'm wearing an all-JCP outfit today!
                      Even more reason to hate the (backwards) changes they say they are making over there. Great look, man!

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      Long time no see, everybody!
                      Looking smooth, Alan. And I know what ya mean on the different pics, different (apparent) coloring of certain clothing items. I have that issue with many pics I take. Crazy. Oh, and something about your pic there it saying "Ari Gold" to me. Man, I miss that show.

Comment

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post
                        I am not really much of a smoker but I do smoke socially. Interesting, I've actually never heard of Xikars but they look sleek. I have a couple of Zippo lighters in my house somewhere. Yeah that $1.99 lighter w/the flame designs on it probably won't score me any style points. hehe! Thanks for the tip.
                        Far be it from me to advocate smoking (quit myself a few years back and I'm very glad I did) ... however if you simply must and you are looking for style points, I recommend learning how to light a match with one hand. No lighter looks as slick as producing a lit match from one pocket while your other hand is still holding a drink. (And thanks for the compliment - praise from people who are regularly paying attention is high praise indeed.)

With respect to suede care, my regimen will essentially just be Allen Edmonds suede spray and the occassional suede brush and/or bar if things get looking ratty. I'll let you know if that fails me...

Comment

Shomas: Per usual, kill---in'---it. Those shoes do totally rawk.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          BB and Yoyo's looks have been my favorites over the last few weeks as well. Shomas looks great usually too but his are too dressed up for me to relate (full suit instead of a blazer). But since I work from home, I'm really more on the AcousticFoodie casual side of things.
                          Well thank you very much, fine sir. I am still "but the learner," but I appreciate that compliment, man. I certainly don't hit a ton of home runs, but I have felt good myself about a couple outfits as of late, so I'm happy to see that they might actually be pretty decent, not just to my own eye. LOL - Again, still learning, from *you guys* every single day. But really, thanks!

Oh, and the casual side of things that you mention are just as important; especially now that the weather is heating up in most parts. Sadly the jackets look like they might be getting some downtime from several of us. I'm going to try to keep rockin' some of mine, as they are cotton, and *should* breathe a little in the heat, right? Kinda wishing I snagged one of the linen blend ones from BR, like you did. I'll say it again: Smart move, my man.

Sigtweed: Thanks for the deets on those tassel loafers. That's a great price, especially like you said, to give a potential trend a whirl without going all-in.

Vicious (again): Regarding your "boring outfit" - Looks to me like a classic color scheme, quality clothes, great fit, and smooth suedes; not to mention that bomb-a$$ watch. Post these pics all day long, brother. Just another great look from you.

bjmcgeever: Oh great, now I have another pair of TBNYs to be on the lookout for at Nordy Rack. Someday... maybe, someday they will show up there. Kick-a$$ kicks, man! Oh, and how's that linen blazer breathing? Pretty good? Might have to check those out, although H&M seems to run pretttttttty tight (re: slim) on me. Sometimes hard to even find a jacket that fits me there (42R in most other lines).

hexington: Keep rockin' those Camlins, man! What a gem of an affordable boot. Love mine, but I'm pretty sure they're going into their box, for storage, this weekend; not to be seen again until Fall. Then it'll be like Christmas morning, when I get them out again! OK, maybe overdoing it a bit there, but they *are* great boots. Everything else looks solid there too. Well, except for the smokes. Boooooooooooooo...!

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                          Yoyo - I take full credit for your previous outfit. Everyone else, not my credit, but looks great!
                          LOL! Yeah, it's cool, brah. I gave you a nod, man. (At least I *thought* I did.) - Ha! Seriously, that's the coolest part of this whole WIWT deal, IMO: Sharing ideas. Good thing folks in my personal circle don't visit these forums. Otherwise they'd all be hip to my secret of stealing looks. No, *really*. But yes, thank you very much for the virtual nudge to try that particular combo. Good one!

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          That's all I've done to mine. I do wonder though if there's anything else I should be doing. With leather shoes, they recommend your brush them off before and after wearing them it I can't exactly do that with suede.
                          What about a suede eraser and brush? Comes in pretty handy from time to time. But yeah in general, for my suedes, I basically spray 'em and hope for the best! Oh, and "AVOID SPIKES"... errr... *puddles*. (how many people got that oldschool videogame reference? - not many? - man, I must really be getting old)

Comment

OK, I might lose some subscribers with this one (LOL - but seriously, thanks fellas, for the kind words lately - means a TON coming from y'all) - but I just had to go easy-casual again today. First of all it was super-hyper-extra-nice out again around here, and secondly I was working from home. So NYEAH!

Shirt: ON
                            Belt: Rothco ($4 - Joe's Army/Navy Surplus, FTW!)
                            Chinos: Dockers
                            Shoes: Converse
                            Watch: ESQ
                            Scent: Davidoff
                            Shades: AO

Too much white? Or do they all play well with each other? The shirt is a *touch* loose - mostly in the arms and body (what's left after that, right?); but it's a linen/cotton blend, so it feels nice a little more relaxed for the heat. Plus it has yet to be washed, so maybe it'll shrink up enough to slim itself down a little anyway. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see.

Oh yeah, and how are you guys doing with your rolled-up sleeves action? I specifically went the way that Joe posted a while back here:

http://dappered.com/2010/12/how-to-r...-your-sleeves/

It worked great all throughout the day. Might seem obvious to some, but if you ever find yourself with SD (sleeve dysfunction) issues, you might wanna take a look at that post. Simple, yet effective.

Comment

@shomas - haha, not gonna lie, this little trick is full of badassery. http://youtu.be/rBZWuKTxOqc

@yoyorobbo - Yeah! The light blue chambray-ish tie from American Eagle. Regarding the Camlins, I do love those boots! Unbelievable comfort and aesthetics for that price. I'll probably be trying to find every excuse to wear them until the beginning of summer (Late July for me). Here's to Seattle weather being as prone to rain and unpredictability for another month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

LOL! Yeah, it's cool, brah. I gave you a nod, man. (At least I *thought* I did.) - Ha! Seriously, that's the coolest part of this whole WIWT deal, IMO: Sharing ideas. Good thing folks in my personal circle don't visit these forums. Otherwise they'd all be hip to my secret of stealing looks. No, *really*. But yes, thank you very much for the virtual nudge to try that particular combo. Good one!
                                Id be lying if i said it was completely my idea. I think i took the inspiration from some magazine or other. mightve been subliminal. But yeah, sharing ideas is great. (and i was acknowledging your acknowledgement)

Comment

Working...
                                X