This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post
    Your color-palette game is on point, sir. I may have to borrow the grey+pink combo today.
    Agreed. Also, I really like that jacket. Maybe it's because I just got off of my bike and it's a little hot in my office, but that jacket looks positively breezy and I'm envious.

Alan, welcome back - looking very sharp. Your jacket is also really awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
      Just realized I'm wearing an all-JCP outfit today!

JCP White oxford shirt
      Stafford slim fit navy cotton jacket
      JCP grey chinos
      AE Walnut Strands
      This is outstanding. This is how I always want my Target Kensington jacket to fit, but it never does.

Comment

Thanks, Shomas. And don't feel bad about those Kensingtons... They never fit me, either. The whole shape is just funky on me. :-S

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          This is outstanding. This is how I always want my Target Kensington jacket to fit, but it never does.
          Thanks! The Kensington didn't fit me either. It was the first jacket I bought and I wore it once. Didn't like how it fit and just ended up selling it here on the forums. The Stafford was way better.

Comment

Today's getup (for work and post work cocktails/theater night with clients)

Suit: Uniqlo (I've said it before and I'll say it again: best $150 I ever spent)
            Shirt: Blank Label
            Watch: Timex w/ J Crew strap
            Tie: J Crew
            Pocket square: the Tie Bar
            Shoes: AE
            Why, yes, these are the brand spankin' new snuff suede BB Neumoks I just picked up from the Memorial Day sale! They just arrived today and I'm pretty stoked.

Comment

BB and Yoyo's looks have been my favorites over the last few weeks as well. Shomas looks great usually too but his are too dressed up for me to relate (full suit instead of a blazer). But since I work from home, I'm really more on the AcousticFoodie casual side of things.

Shomas - You got the snuff suede Neumoks too I see. I was going to wear mine today but a 40% chance of rain made me change my mind. Damn leather soles!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Shomas - You got the snuff suede Neumoks too I see. I was going to wear mine today but a 40% chance of rain made me change my mind. Damn leather soles!
                I did! I had a need for a wingtip that I could wear casually and business casually. I had my eye on the McTavish, but it didn't seem to quite fit the bill. Then this Memorial Day sale came along and I saw the snuff suede Neumoks, took a look at some "in action" pics online, and pulled the trigger. I think I made the right call. I really like them and the fact that they have the BB sole only saves me additional money because I would have had a sole protector put on anyway. Overall, a total win.

Comment

Shomas - That outfit is fantastic and those shoes made me drool on my tie they are so nice!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    Sigtweed: Regarding the shirt that you say looks blousey in your pic, I'm sure it's likely due to the angle/perspective of the shot; unless of course it's just plain blousey. Dunno. Only *you* know that. I still have a few shirts that kinda fall into the blousey category. I should probably get them tailored or get rid of them. Regardless, I really dig the color scheme in the stripes. And yes, agreed, those tassel loafers are sweetness. I've checked out several pairs lately, thrifting, with pretty horrible fit results. Still on the look-out for a super steal before I eventually just plop down the dough for some new ones. I'm diggin the look, when done right. Modern/sleek/minimal - not the '80s-'90s older-gentleman "boss" type - if that makes any sense. Boss, as in employer/higher-up/manager. Not boss, as in "like a boss!" - LOL
                    I think it was the angle or something, I was more just thinking out loud. It's a BB slim fit and it's not that blousey at all, it just looked weird in that pic. Regarding the loafers, thank you. Yeah I was tassel-curious for quite some time but didn't want to drop a ton on a new pair. After being unsuccessful in thrifting I found a pair of Robert Wayne's at Off 5th (I think) for like $30. It was the perfect scenario. The shoes aren't that great and quality is suspect but the look is pretty good and the price was great. So for occasional wear on a specific trend I wanted to try out, it was the perfect scenario. Ultimately I might invest in a better pair down the road but who knows. This is the specific shoe: http://www.6pm.com/rw-by-robert-wayne-calahan-tan They can regularly be found on flash sites but I wouldn't pay more than $40 for them. But at $30 or so...COMO UN JEFE
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@Shomas....

Those shoes....DAAAAAAAAAMN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0
                      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Very boring outfit from me today. Normally I wouldn't even post it but I feel like I've been slacking on my pics lately.

shirt and pants - JCrew factory
                        shoes - BR

Comment

Shomas: I had actually bought the SAME pair a while back, but returned them. Now I'm wishing hadn't!!! I very well could have gone along my whole life, not missing them, but then you had to come along and had to post those pics. Way to go... :-P

Comment

@Shomas - look great. No visible tears, scrapes, etc? I ended up ordering the regular AE Neumoks in tan suede, because that was the color I was after. Here's hoping they arrive looking alright!

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                              Shomas: I had actually bought the SAME pair a while back, but returned them. Now I'm wishing hadn't!!! I very well could have gone along my whole life, not missing them, but then you had to come along and had to post those pics. Way to go... :-P
                              Sorry about that. And thanks for the compliments everyone.

Vicious - it's not exactly full of pizzazz, but you look good. Being able to do everyday outfits where it all works is key.

Comment

Nothing out of the ordinary for me today. Lots of blue and brown.

Blazer: H&M linen
                                Shirt: CT
                                Pants: BR
                                Shoes: TBNY

Comment

Working...
                                X