X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Shomas - Love the navy shoes + navy blazer

Comment

@hexington - I really like the look of the Lubbocks how you've used them; nice!

@shomas - I really like the detail of your OCBD, with the horizontal striping on your right and vertical on your left. Nice little detail. Where did you get the shirt?

Comment

Jake: That BR herringbone looks great on you there, especially like the other fellas mentioned with those casual kicks. I fee; a bit weird rocking that mixed of a look for myself, but seeing it on some of you guys here makes me want to keep trying it. Maybe I'll post a WIWT pic of one of those attempts and let you guys tell me yay or nay in my particular case. I think it matters quite a bot on the person as well as their setting/environment. We'll see...

Foodie: DOZE TASS-LOAFERZ!
        Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
        Acousticfoodie - Great shoes. I love me some tassel loafs! They would have been a bit too formal with the rest of that outfit for me though.
        Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        I do love that those are your chillin' shoes. Very Thurston Howell III of you.
        NYCToon: I think I might be on that same page with you there... maybe. I bet a jacket or some sort, sportcoat or blazer for sure, would totally gel that whole look together. Still, I dig the getup in general, Foodie.
        "Thurston Howell III" - LOL! "Yes, Lovey dear."

drocpsu: TJMaxx (and Marshalls) rules! More often than not it's all about diamonds in the rough there, but that is a great deal on those TH wingtips, dude! And they look really, really good after the breaking-in, beating-down, and polishing-back-up. Coolness!

Sigtweed: Dig those Eastlands. I have a pair that I need to bring out of Winter storage - although mine are the (higher) ankle boot variety. I get more use out of them in Fall, but I would've/should've worn them some this (suckingly unseasonably-colder) Spring. What was I thinking? - Oh, and "Guyabera?" You and Shomas. Improving this Dapperedite's vocabulary, one word at a time.

bjmcgeever: Yeah, damn dude - fit is spot on! Classic color palette too. Di-i-i-i-ig.

hexington: Yes, welcome aboard! First WIWT and already rockin' the Pic Stitch. Nice! Dig gin' the AEs, and I like that tie, too. I actually bought it, a month or so back when Joe (and someone else too) pimped it as part of the AE half-off (or 40% off?) sale. I got that one *and* the grey with pink stripe version of it too. Returned them both, as they were a touch too thin for my current tie take, but it looks great on you and in that mix there. Am I feeling a little returner's remorse? Maybe.

BB: Sorry, I couldn't hear your post over the volume of that jacket. WOW! No way I could pull that one off, but it looks like you did; just fine too. As Somas pointed out, the toned-down factor of the rest of the getup is the key, I think too. Cool! Looks much better than Don did here; that's for sure.

(Yeah, I'm messing with you. Yours is way cooler than Don's debacle there.)

Shomas: That birdseye is probably my favorite item of menswear released recently by anyone. I just love the pattern; one that really hits ya when you're up close. Looks great on you, man. And yeah, I'd say the belt works pretty well in that mix. I admittedly get a little bogged-down in those details (often failing, myself - in trying too hard), but in that manner I bet it would really tighten it up, if those shoes had that particular hue in the detailing around the sole. I can't tell from the pic resolution if yours do, but I know personally that the BR suede bucks have a dark brown trim and a thin burnt orange(?) one too along the sole edge, which allows for some play in belt/watch strap coloring. If yours *do* have something like that on them, that matches that belt color, then BUH-BAM! Homerun for sure! Again, it's nitpicking, so let me just end with a rock-solid vote of "lookin' slick, and well-put-together, per usual. Gonna have to check out Brooks Bros OCBDs now, myself. Thanks!

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
        "with the horizontal striping on your right and vertical on your left"
        Wow... I totally missed that. Is that for real-realz? Don't think I've seen one like that before. Maybe I have and just missed it then as well. Pretty wild.

Comment

Another WIWtOD (the other day) - tryin' to get caught up here on a few outfits/pics.

Trucker: Levi's
          Shirt: BR
          Belt: Timberland
          Chinos: Dockers
          Socks: Merona
          Shoes: AE
          Watch: Rotary
          Scent: Rochas

The BR shirt is one of their newer slim-fit linen/cotton blend ones, and this is my maiden voyage in it. So far, so great! It is very comfortable, and I'm so looking forward to rocking these on warmer days with cooler nights. Bring it, Summer!

Looking at this pic now, I'm thinking I probably should have either dressed *up* the look with a nicer jacket/sportcoat, or dressed it *down* with a more casual footwear option. Ah well... there's always next time.

Oh yeah, and *Shomas*: That cologne bottle is for you, man. Well, not like *that*! LOL - When you commented recently that a particular CK travel atomizer I posted looked a little like a vibrator, I warned you about a infamous bottle design which has quite a reputation in the fragrance community of looking like a different kinda of ... uhm... *toy*. This is it. Of course I have no firsthand experience with said toy, but I've read some things; I've seen some stuff. LOL! Oddly enough, it actually smells really good. What?

Comment

@Shomas, ha you've got the "Yeah I'm killin' it" smile on today. And you are. I probably wouldn't have gone with a striped PS, but it is working.
            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
              @Shomas - Love the navy shoes + navy blazer
              THIS

I don't think navy shoes get enough play generally, especially a nice suede wingtip.
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Sigtweed: Pulling off a guayabera is beyond varsity level. That's some professional (not even semi-pro) grade business right there. It helps that yours is a pretty cool looking one (lord knows they can be awful), but I'm just damned impressed.
                Hahah. Thank you my friend, coming from a man as dapper as you, that is high praise. I am not one to shy away from taking a risk here and there. I saw it at my favorite vintage shop in San Diego a few years back and couldn't pass it up, it had such a cool vintage vibe to it and the colors/stripes were unique. I just keep everything else pretty modern and relaxed and it sort of balances it out. Call me cheesy, but I also love the idea that the shirt probably has some cool stories in it's history, perhaps a Latin American wedding or two...

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                  I don't think navy shoes get enough play generally, especially a nice suede wingtip.
                  Trueness. Hang tight for a WIWT spotting of some non-wingers, in blue suede. Wearing 'em today. Channeling my inner Elvis... on vacation. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    Oddly enough, it actually smells really good. What?
                    I don't find that odd at all, but maybe that's revealing a little more about me than you need to know.

Otherwise, thanks for the feedback, all. Jeff4, I got the shirt from Brooks Brothers during their recent sale. I actually didn't even notice the odd striping when I saw it online, so that was a surprise when it arrived. I'm not totally sold on it, but it's subtle enough that it's not that big a deal.

Comment

Title: Bourgeois Banker Casual Friday
                      Shirt: Brooks Brothers
                      Jeans: PDC
                      Shoes: Robert Wayne Tassels

Not sure why my shirt looks so blouse-y....

Comment

I don't find that odd at all, but maybe that's revealing a little more about me than you need to know.
                        Hey man, it's like an old friend of mine used to say: "It's my water and my soap. I'll wash *it* as long as I want." - Or something like that.

I'm not here to judge. Critique? Maybe. Judge? Nope.

Funny stuff, though, man.
                        Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 15, 2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

OK, finally caught up here. Sorry for a double-WIWT posting, but I don't want to be backlogged here forever; and I hoped to get some feedback/input on these getups before I forget about them.

Gonna be a HOT one around these parts, so the blazer likely won't make it through the day. The button-up shirt is shortsleeve, for that same reason. Cool-to-hot, and then cooler again later this evening. Make up yer mind, Meeeechigan!

Blazer: BR
                          Shirt: ON
                          Pocket square: Nicole Miller
                          Belt: IZOD
                          Chinos: BR
                          Shoes: BR
                          Watch: Swiss Army
                          Scent: Creed (another splitter's decant - Millesime Imperial (MI) this time)

Inspired a touch by Jake's pic the other day with his darker (navy? w/polka-dots) shirt under a lighter (grey?) blazer. Not quite the same here; navy w/stripes shirt under taupe blazer; but similar concept, I guess.

I thought initially about going with my more-typical leather belt (in tan/taupe), but I figured the color(s) in this one tied in nicely with the shoe details (laces/sole/sole-edging), plus I really wanted to try out a recent acquisition. JCP has these IZOD braided belts on clearance (in-store, at least) for $6. They helped bump my additional chinos purchase over the weekend into one of their kooky "$x off when you spend $y" deals, so I snagged this one and the same one in blue. Figured WTF. A (less than ) six dollar belt (after the coupon markdown), is worth a shot, right?

So do you fellas think the belt works at all in this getup, or should I have gone with my initial thought (taupe/tan leather)? This IZOD one is kinda on the wide side, for a braided belt, I think; at 1.5" per the website. I'm noticing the width even more so, in the detail pic above. I also have that thinner JC Factory cream/navy braided rope belt, which I wore somewhat recently in a WIWT pic. Maybe that one gets the call next time with these shoes. Heck, I kinda bought it with that specific application in mind; to be fair.
                          Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 15, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

You're crushing it lately yoyo.....(not to imply that you weren't crushing it further in the past)

Comment

Cologne guy, That is an exceptionally good outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                                You're crushing it lately yoyo.....(not to imply that you weren't crushing it further in the past)
                                Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                Cologne guy, That is an exceptionally good outfit.
                                I agree. Re: the belt, I think it definitely works with that outfit. Looks right at home with the sockless (or no show) suede (?) shoes.
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X