Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acousticfoodie - Great shoes. I love me some tassel loafs! They would have been a bit too formal with the rest of that outfit for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
      Acousticfoodie - Great shoes. I love me some tassel loafs! They would have been a bit too formal with the rest of that outfit for me though.
      I do love that those are your chillin' shoes. Very Thurston Howell III of you.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
        Dropscu, I like the color of those shoes with the contrasting soles.
        Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        drocpsu: That's the perfect shade/tint for a pink shirt, IMO. Not too bright/harsh - which can sometimes ruin the vibe. I also think it goes really nice with navy chinos, and I have and love those same ones from BR. Good call! Those TH kicks look like winners too - much more than their (presumed) price tag. Oh, and I have a bit of a soft spot for rectangular watches, and that one is slick. Clean. Nice.
        Thanks! The shoes are the Samson wingtips, which Joe actually mentioned a couple years ago (http://dappered.com/2011/10/the-macy...wardrobe-sale/). I think I paid like $30 at TJ Maxx for them. They started out as kind of a weird medium-brown, unpolished finish. I wore them as beater shoes with jeans and stuff and were looking pretty worn after a year or so of use. I decided to experiment with them and polished them with a darker brown polish and they ended up with a pretty good shine! Not dress-shoe shine, but night and day compared to what they started as. I really like how they turned out and feel like it breathed some new life into them.
        Last edited by drocpsu; May 14, 2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Title: Cuba Libre
          Shirt: Vintage Guyabera -thrifted
          Jeans: Gap
          Shoes: Eastland moc

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by shockemags View Post
            Jacket details?
            Banana Republic Cotton Herringbone

Comment

Didn't intend to, but happened to dress very preppy today.

Blazer: Brooks Brothers
              Shirt: JCP
              Pants: JCP
              Shoes: AE Randolph

Comment

First time posting on here. I'm not even sure if this pic is going to link properly! Anyways, here's WIWT.

Shirt: J-crew light chambray
                belt: J-crew
                pants: Dockers D1 slim fit (navy)
                Tie: American Eagle knit tie
                Shoes: AE Lubock
                tiebar: Jcrew factory
                Last edited by hexington11; May 15, 2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Going loud today. Mother in law found this thrifting. I love her.

Comment

Hexington, looks great. How's the shirt? Nice quality?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                      @acoustic--Another solid "bumming" outfit. I really like that shirt.

So the Mrs. asked me if I posted a picture of my son in the WIWT from my graduation. Normally, I would not put the kids faces online, but it would take away from their vibe.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really happy when he asked to wear a suit.
                      This is JUST FRIGGIN AWESOME! CONGRATS ON THE GRADUATION! His suit fits well, and are those penny loafers?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                        This is JUST FRIGGIN AWESOME! CONGRATS ON THE GRADUATION! His suit fits well, and are those penny loafers?

Thanks Max. The shoes are penny drivers that I picked up at Gap (or Gap Outlet, can't remember which) for $10.
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                          Hexington, looks great. How's the shirt? Nice quality?

Thanks, BB. Tbh, the fabric is a bit lighter than what I was expecting and the hidden buttons under the collar is a bit of a nuisance. The fit is great though and the color is a nice deep indigo. It looks very masculine and will be nice to have on a hot summer day.

Comment

Sigtweed: Pulling off a guayabera is beyond varsity level. That's some professional (not even semi-pro) grade business right there. It helps that yours is a pretty cool looking one (lord knows they can be awful), but I'm just damned impressed.

BJ: This is just an outstanding version of a well-worn look. Further proof that it's all in the fit.

Hexington: Looks awsome. I have that same shirt and I was also surprised at how thin it is. I wore it dressed way down with cords this weekend and I was happy with it in that capacity. Good to know it looks good dressed up a bit too.

BB: Loud is right! But I like how you've paired it with other toned-down items to keep it more or less in check. To that end, I think a white shirt would have been even better. I thought I had a great mother in law, but having one who looks out for you at the thrift store is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by hexington11 View Post

First time posting on here. I'm not even sure if this pic is going to link properly! Anyways, here's WIWT.

Shirt: J-crew light chambray
                              belt: J-crew
                              pants: Dockers D1 slim fit (navy)
                              Tie: American Eagle knit tie
                              Shoes: AE Lubock
                              tiebar: Jcrew factory

I have that J.Crew light chambray shirt too. I love it -- their lightweight shirts are excellent for layering or spring/summer, and that shirt is VERY versatile seasonally or for different occasions. It's among my favorites, even though I would generally not be a chambray fan.

Comment

This is me today:

Jacket: BR
                                Shirt: Brooks Brothers (thought I hated their extra slim fits-turns out that in OCBDs it works for me)
                                Pants: J Crew Factory
                                Belt: Polo (Gilt pickup from a couple of years ago - I think it works here with the color of the shoes' soles, but let me know if you think otherwise)
                                Shoes: Florsheim.

Comment

Working...
                                X