This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Oh ok. They look similar to the Billy Reid K-Swiss ones I picked up on clearance from J Crew this past winter. I just ordered some white Jack Purcells from Nordstrom. I'll be interested to see what all the hype is about as I've never owned Jack Purcells before.
    Yeah. I rarely wear sneakers so it just made sense

Comment

@jake--Thanks. I think he enjoys dressing "like a big dude."

@BB--He actually requested a suit for my graduation. Needless to say I was very happy. Re: the light brown shoes. Like Shomas and vicious, I think the shoes work great with this outfit.

@Shomas--I figured if he was going tieless, you gotta have a PS, right?

@yoyo--Thanks for the compliments. Re: my son's gingham shirt. He picked that out awhile back because I have the same one. I threw the PS in there because I got complimented on it here with a very similar shirt/jacket combo, so that was just me messing around a little. I'm just amazed he left it in all day. Re: my daughter's grumpy face. My graduation was around nap time, and she was not too happy to be awake. Im pretty sure thats how I look when i get tired.
      Also, I'm very very late in offering my condolences, so I apologize for that. I had the same experience with a friend of mine back in middle school. He lost his father the same way, definitely a tough situation.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
        Woot. Finally getting the respect I deserve ! Haha just kidding, thanks!

@vicious - target (22 bucks)
        I bought a pair of those last summer in khaki. Just a warning, they don't last very long. Mine started coming apart where the outsole is glued to the canvas almost immediately. Hopefully yours last longer than mine did. This is after a year, but I think it has been like this for the better part of 10 months. Good thing they were $22.
        Last edited by MarkB; May 14, 2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

My wife loved the pic of your kids dressed up. She always sees little kids suits and stuff when we're at the mall and gets all geeked over how cute they look.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
            @jake--Thanks. I think he enjoys dressing "like a big dude."
            Lol was this at me or about me?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              My wife loved the pic of your kids dressed up. She always sees little kids suits and stuff when we're at the mall and gets all geeked over how cute they look.
              Thanks. It's also nice when the stores that we shop in have stuff for my kids (JCF and Gap, in particular). That's where we picked up nearly everything they were wearing, during that last 50% off sale. The amazing thing is the confidence they have, if I could bottle it and sell it I'd be a wealthy man. I think most kids could make a paper bag look good.

Comment

Lol was this at me or about me?
                LOL. It was a response to your comment about my kids.

Comment

Mark, your son is absolutely crushing it. That is awesome. Obviously your daughter looks adorable as well.
                  "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                    LOL. It was a response to your comment about my kids.
                    Haha I got it afterwards. I'm just a narcissistic SOB. But seriously, they're cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      Lighter brown works very well with the bright colors in the shirt and the darker jacket.
                      That's a good rule of thumb. Thanks.

BJ, the shirt is a Tommy Hilfiger that I picked up thrifting; I also saw them at Marshall's and the like last spring. Maybe some are still floating around the discount stores. There's no logo on the shirt, which is nice for TH.

Yoyorobbo, I've been polishing my Stafford wingtips with dark brown polish for a year or so. By now they are significantly darker than when I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                        Yoyorobbo, I've been polishing my Stafford wingtips with dark brown polish for a year or so. By now they are significantly darker than when I got them.
                        Cool. Makes sense. I've only used cleaner/conditioner and neutral polish on mine. Still, I had expected them to be more "brown" than the tan/cognac they are, even brand new. Like I said, they are pretty darn close to the Camlins out of the box, and those say "cognac" on the box. Weird. Maybe it was a difference in runs/lots or something; with earlier ones being more "brown." Dunno. Anyway, they are sweet, regardless of the hue.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

gargao: Welcome aboard! Lookin' sharp, man! I think you pulled off the vest look without falling into the "waiter" trap. Tough for many to do, but I personally think you made it work. Digging the watch, and the shoes are super cool! Only think I probably would have done differently, would be to put a dark brown strap on that watch. Don't get me wrong, it looks killer as is, with the black (right?), but I'm a bit more anal (WODER!)... I mean... a stickler when it comes to matching leathers. Admittedly, I dork too much with that concept, as it's not supposed to be something to get all worked up about, but I often do. That being said, killer outfit. Nice! Oh, and regarding pic resizing: Not sure if it's the best way, but what I do with imageshack is I upload my pic from my phone, then I download it to my PC, and re-upload it, selecting a smaller size in that re-upload process. I can't seem to find a sizing selection in the original phone upload either, so that's what I do. Then I post the newly resized pic for my WIWT shots. Seems to work, but there may be a better way around it. Dunno.
                          Thanks, wow, that is crazy what we have to do just to post pictures of ourselves and how we dress. LOL But it is something that HAS to be done otherwise the terrorists win amiright? The watch strap color didn't come out right, it is a blue "carbon fiber" strap.

I just realized after being on my feet all day, that my shoes are really really comfortable and I was thinking to myself that I need to buy like 8 more pairs of these shoes because they feel so good and airy.

Comment

Originally posted by gargao View Post
                            The watch strap color didn't come out right, it is a blue "carbon fiber" strap.
                            Ah-ha! Well then it was even better than what I suggested. Win!

Comment

@gargo: Great inaugural look. It's nice to see some strawfuts in here.
                              @Jake: Solid spring look
                              @Mark: Great looking family.
                              @BB: nice shirt combo with shoes.

Keeping things casual again today:

BR chinos
                              Calvin Klein faux henley
                              Church's custom grade tassell loafers
                              Last edited by Acousticfoodie; May 14, 2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

@Yoyo Thanks man!
                                Jacket details?

Comment

Working...
                                X