Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarkB, love that you got the little guy in a suit. I've convinced mine to get a seersucker on one time -- this Easter, with candy as the bribe.

Dropscu, I like the color of those shoes with the contrasting soles.

Acoustic, nice shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      @acoustic--Another solid "bumming" outfit. I really like that shirt.

So the Mrs. asked me if I posted a picture of my son in the WIWT from my graduation. Normally, I would not put the kids faces online, but it would take away from their vibe.
      I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really happy when he asked to wear a suit.
      The pocket square is the real winner here.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
        Do the shoes go with this, or would it be better with darker brown shoes, like my stafford wingtips?
        I think the shoes are perfect with this look. Lighter brown works very well with the bright colors in the shirt and the darker jacket.

Comment

@BB - Thanks for the compliment!

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          I think the shoes are perfect with this look. Lighter brown works very well with the bright colors in the shirt and the darker jacket.
          Also, I'm with Shomas here too. The shoes are great.

What shirt is that? I dig it.

Comment

BB - I think the shoes look fine. I really like that shirt too.

Comment

Inaugural WIWT post as well as wearing my strawfuts. I think I have a workflow now to post images so I hope to do this more.

OK so I posted the thumbnail link because the original embed was really big. Don't know how to change my work flow for that. I don't see an option to resize option on imageshack

Tie, pants, and waistcoat BR
              Shirt Ratio
              Watch Orient Mako
              Shoes: Strawfut
              Belt and Socks Jcrew

Comment

Foodie: Your *bumming* is always top-notch; in a *non-bumming* way. Great look, as always. And thank you very much for the comment regarding my friend. You're too kind. Sincerely, Cologne Guy. LOL

Sigtweed: As bad as it may sound, I enjoyed your envy of my loafers. Ha! It's just that *I* am the one who envies (OK, *admires*) everyone else's footwear collections around this joint. So it's nice to see that I have a *foot* in the door with those. Oh, that was bad. - Also, thank you too, bud, for the kind words about my friend's loss. It was a tough reunion, but a good (much needed) one still.

Mikey: Killin' it, once again, brother. I wish I had your concept of "fit" - sadly my middle-aged body isn't cooperating with that much these days. LOL - Hang in there, dude - you'll be graduated and out into the "working" world too soon. Take my word for it. Enjoy your time now. LOL - Thanks too, bud, for the thoughtful words re my friend. Very much appreciated.

Vicious: OK, now don't get rid of *that* cardigan this time. Nice! Love the shoes; Aberdeens, right? Thought very hard about snagging a pair of those. Still might. Great look, all the way around. Especially love that CW. So choice!

bruschetta: Thank you very much, fine sir. Your thoughts regarding my friend and his horrible loss mean a ton, as well as your feedback on my last couple outfits. I'm still learning from all of you guys, as well as from Joe's awesome posts on the main site (I think I got the color palette and partial outfit inspiration on the Mother's Day getup from one of his recent articles (maybe the Summer wedding one?). Anyway, it's really nice to hear if/when I hit the right shots on one. So again, thanks!

bjmcgeever: Yep, as already noted, you nail *fit* with the best - and that circle includes Mikey, like I just said above. Solid look, man! Are those Amoks comfortable sockless? Or are you going with no-shows there?

Teej: Those *red* chinos work on you, man. Really do. I'm still a little gun-shy with mine. I think I'll try them first on a cool night in the backyard by the pool. See if I feel awkward or not. Tough to feel awkward in your own space, right? We'll see...

drocpsu: That's the perfect shade/tint for a pink shirt, IMO. Not too bright/harsh - which can sometimes ruin the vibe. I also think it goes really nice with navy chinos, and I have and love those same ones from BR. Good call! Those TH kicks look like winners too - much more than their (presumed) price tag. Oh, and I have a bit of a soft spot for rectangular watches, and that one is slick. Clean. Nice.

Jake: Really diggin' the darker shirt under that grey(?) blazer... err.. *sportcoat*. Gonna have to steal the look sometime soon. I have a nice, yet plain (no cool polka-dots like yours) stretch slim or whatever from BR, that might work under my grey herringbone jacket. We'll see. Speaking of polka-dots, the floor shot there kinda threw me, when I saw this on my phone's screen. I thought for a sec it was a *really* close close-up of your shirt. LOL - Lookin' good, man.

MarkB: The family shot is priceless! Looks like your clan is *dappered* all the way through. Your son's suit rocks! And gingham - with a pocket square, no less! Awesome! I've slowly been working some standards into my son's wardrobe too. He's nine, and of course we want him to just "be a boy" as much as he wants. That often means tennis shoes, jeans, and a t-shirt. And that's good too. But I recently thrifted him some Sperry penny-loafers, which looked like they had been tried on, and never worn again. Awesome deal at $7 (IIRC), for a classy yet casual shoe that he'll likely grow out of by the end of Summer anyway. Doh! Anyway, your kiddos look awesome there, as well as your wife, and with your style in that mix I bet you all turn heads when your out together. Nice to see smiling faces too, well mostly (did you pinch your little girl there? - Still incredibly cute, though. LOL). Thanks for sharing!

BB: Thanks, man! I was pretty happy with the outfit, which counts too - and actually helps quite a bit when ya feel right in your getup, right? I know it does for me. Confidence and comfortableness (a word? - it passed the spell-checker - LOL) often seal the deal. Regarding your latest look here, I think it's the jam! I love the blue/red (right?) gingham mix on the shirt - wanna get me one like that sometime (I only have black&white and maroon&white ginghams presently - and I think the shoes are fine in that ensemble. I might have gone with some darker one, personally, to contrast the light pants, but that shade (cognac?) works great too. Are your Staffords really a darker brown? I know I've seen that with a few fellas' pics, and on the main site a while back, but my Ashtons are almost the same hue as my Camlins; I call it cognac; enen though the Ashton box does read "brown."

gargao: Welcome aboard! Lookin' sharp, man! I think you pulled off the vest look without falling into the "waiter" trap. Tough for many to do, but I personally think you made it work. Digging the watch, and the shoes are super cool! Only think I probably would have done differently, would be to put a dark brown strap on that watch. Don't get me wrong, it looks killer as is, with the black (right?), but I'm a bit more anal (WODER!)... I mean... a stickler when it comes to matching leathers. Admittedly, I dork too much with that concept, as it's not supposed to be something to get all worked up about, but I often do. That being said, killer outfit. Nice! Oh, and regarding pic resizing: Not sure if it's the best way, but what I do with imageshack is I upload my pic from my phone, then I download it to my PC, and re-upload it, selecting a smaller size in that re-upload process. I can't seem to find a sizing selection in the original phone upload either, so that's what I do. Then I post the newly resized pic for my WIWT shots. Seems to work, but there may be a better way around it. Dunno.

Comment

^ WSHEW! Sorry, but I slacked the other day, and didn't want to be rude two days in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    bjmcgeever: Yep, as already noted, you nail *fit* with the best - and that circle includes Mikey, like I just said above. Solid look, man! Are those Amoks comfortable sockless? Or are you going with no-shows there?
                    Thank you, sir!

I'm wearing no-shows with them, and they're super comfortable. The unlined suede is really soft. They feel like I'm wearing hard-soled slippers sometimes.

Comment

@Yoyo Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                        @Yoyo Thanks man!
                        I like this a lot. The colors, the fits, and especially the style of those sneakers really make this a top-shelf casual look. Well done.

Comment

Jake - What sneakers are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            I like this a lot. The colors, the fits, and especially the style of those sneakers really make this a top-shelf casual look. Well done.
                            Woot. Finally getting the respect I deserve ! Haha just kidding, thanks!

@vicious - target (22 bucks)
                            Last edited by Jake101; May 14, 2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Just running some errands. Not sure what to do with all of this free time I have now.

Shirt: JCF
                              Shorts: Mossimo
                              Shoes. Pro keds
                              Watch: timex
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                Woot. Finally getting the respect I deserve ! Haha just kidding, thanks!

@vicious - target (22 bucks)
                                Oh ok. They look similar to the Billy Reid K-Swiss ones I picked up on clearance from J Crew this past winter. I just ordered some white Jack Purcells from Nordstrom. I'll be interested to see what all the hype is about as I've never owned Jack Purcells before.

Comment

Working...
                                X