This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Wow! So many great looks from everyone lately. I really want to comment on so many of them, but I will have to hold that for a little later. I'm presently at work, and I try to keep my viewing of other dudes' online wardrobe choice photos as discreet as possible. LOL - That's the *last* thing I need to have brought up for discussion at my next performance review, ya'know?

However, I will pile on with the rest of the CONGRATULATIONS to all of the recent grads! You guys deserve the brightest of futures for all of that hard work. And of course, you all look dapper, even under those caps and gowns. Spouses, significant others, and family members all lookin' good too. Nice!

OK, so here's WIWY (yesterday) for our Mother's Day family lunch gathering:

Blazer: BR
    Shirt: BR
    Pocket square: George
    Belt: BR
    Jeans: BRF
    Shoes: TBNY
    Watch: Orient
    Scent: Creed (one of my oft-used and apparently-*abused* decants of Aventus: the beloved X02 batch - sucker's almost empty - oh my word!)
    Those loafers....DAMN. Excuse my envy-induced rage....
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

[QUOTE=yoyorobbo;114111]Thanks so much fellas; for the compliments on the suit/outfit and the input on the pocket square, but also especially for the kind thoughts regarding my friend's loss.

Not that you want details or anything, but it was a suicide, which makes things obviously much worse for my friend and his whole family. Tough visit, but his father had always told him not to mourn his (eventual) death (whenever it may have happened), but to get friends and family together and celebrate his *life*. So that's what he did. It was a nice memorial for his father, and a nice gathering of friends; some from the "olden times" (like me - high school buds), and some newer acquaintances too.

I didn't want to think too much about myself (meaning, what I wore), because I was truly concerned about my bud and how he was holding up through this whirlwind of emotions. However, I also wanted to dress as respectful and appropriate as possible for both events of the day, thus my post and question, so thanks for the feedback and input on that. I really appreciate it, guys. Oh, FYI: I kept the pocket square intact as seen in the pic, and I didn't feel uncomfortable or showy in doing so. Again, thanks for the input.

Super late to the game here but, my condolences. You're a good man to be there in your friend's time of need.
      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Woke up this morning to 32 degrees (WTF)

Jacket: Zara
        Sweater: Express
        Shirt: Express
        Jeans: Take a guess guys; really now.

My condolences to you and your friend, yoyo. And congratulations to all those graduating (dang can I graduate already)

And of course, you all are dapper as ever. I shouldn't even have to say that anymore.

Comment

Giving this cardigan thing another try.

shirt - Uniqlo
          cardigan - BR
          jeans - BR factory

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            Giving this cardigan thing another try.

shirt - Uniqlo
            cardigan - BR
            jeans - BR factory
            I think this looks good. Simple, proven color palette. Everything fits. I like it.
            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
              I think this looks good. Simple, proven color palette. Everything fits. I like it.
              Agreed. This looks great.

Comment

Cologne guy, I am sorry for your loss. I think that your outfit was respectful, and you made the perfect call on the shirt and funeral tie. Your most recent outfit was also excellent, and I agree with the other posters that those loafers look great (and I usually hate loafers). That jacket looks fantastic. Now I want one.

Andrewlcraft, You look great in those jeans.

BB, The green, red, blue, and navy shirt doesn't work for that outfit. A rare miss since you've been on such a roll lately.

Shomas, I like that casual outfit. And your hair.

Mikey, I like the gingham shirt. You still haven't provided details on the took-two-women-to-the-prom story.

Vicious, Another excellent outfit.

Comment

Pretty standard spring/summer casual outfit for me.

Shirt: LEC
                  Jeans: LEC
                  Shoes: AE Amok

Comment

I work in a pretty casual office environment.

Polo: JCP
                    Pants: Jcrew broken in chino, urban slim fit, in smoke red
                    Shoes: J&M brennan wingtips
                    Watch: timex weekender

Comment

@yoyo: I missed out on the sad news. You're a good man for your support.

Being a bum again.

JC chinos
                      Bonobos shirt
                      Odin x Target Jacket
                      JM tan loafers.

Comment

Pretty basic today at work:

H&M light pink basic button down
                        BR navy vintage straight fit chinos
                        Tommy Hilfiger wing tips
                        Last edited by drocpsu; May 13, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          Cologne guy, I am sorry for your loss. I think that your outfit was respectful, and you made the perfect call on the shirt and funeral tie. Your most recent outfit was also excellent, and I agree with the other posters that those loafers look great (and I usually hate loafers). That jacket looks fantastic. Now I want one.

Andrewlcraft, You look great in those jeans.

BB, The green, red, blue, and navy shirt doesn't work for that outfit. A rare miss since you've been on such a roll lately.

Shomas, I like that casual outfit. And your hair.

Mikey, I like the gingham shirt. You still haven't provided details on the took-two-women-to-the-prom story.

Vicious, Another excellent outfit.
                          Haha nothing for me? . Spilled coffee all over my shirt so decided to change

Comment

@acoustic--Another solid "bumming" outfit. I really like that shirt.

So the Mrs. asked me if I posted a picture of my son in the WIWT from my graduation. Normally, I would not put the kids faces online, but it would take away from their vibe.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really happy when he asked to wear a suit.
                            Last edited by MarkB; May 13, 2013, 09:32 PM.
                            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

HAHA start 'em early! Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                BB, The green, red, blue, and navy shirt doesn't work for that outfit.
                                I agree -- it didn't click. Thanks for the feedback!

Yoyorobbo, looks great.

Shomas, excellent again -- I like that shirt a lot.

BJ, you really know how to dial in fit.

Mikey, come on, don't make bruschetta ask again.

Vicious, great cardigan. I'll be on the lookout for one of those later in the year.

LE linen cotton jacket
                                TH shirt
                                JCrew linen pants
                                AE Elgins

Do the shoes go with this, or would it be better with darker brown shoes, like my stafford wingtips?

Comment

Working...
                                X