Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SHomas - I have two of the Uniqlo blazers, Navy and this Grey houndstooth. Suffice to say, i love them. ( I had to size down to a small) to get that slim fit look i like, (haha i can't button it - not that i want to.) ) I just throw them on casually with jeans and other things, or when i go for drinks after work. unlined, super comfy, look great...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      @SHomas - I have two of the Uniqlo blazers, Navy and this Grey houndstooth. Suffice to say, i love them. ( I had to size down to a small) to get that slim fit look i like, (haha i can't button it - not that i want to.) ) I just throw them on casually with jeans and other things, or when i go for drinks after work. unlined, super comfy, look great...
      I've been considering buying a Uniqlo blazer but they seem really chopped in the tail. I'm 5'9ish" and they seem a bit short even for me. What's been your experience? Do you have a full length shot?

Comment

Im 6 foot. They aren't super short when open. If you button them, the high button stance seems to contribute to the optical illusion. They aren't traditional length by any means - but they arent TOO much shorter then alot of 'short' blazers. oh and this is a size small. EDIT: BELLEH!
        Last edited by Jake101; May 10, 2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Jake101, forgive me for being negative. The short and incredibly tight jacket gives the impression that you've squeezed into a child's jacket. You have a naturally masculine silhouette. A blazer should accentuate that manly build. I won't say anymore because I don't want you to take this as a personal critique.

Shomas and Los, I'm 5'11" and ~160lbs (give or take 5lbs). Here's a link to one of my old WIWT posts where I was wearing a linen Uniqlo blazer. It was a size medium in their "premium+ slim fit". It suffered from the same issues as Jake's and I wound up selling it to someone here on the forums.

Comment

Bruschetta - I appreciate the feedback. I don't close it. I ALSO know you are the conservative mod, but I do appreciate the input. That being said. New BR suit.

The only thing that irks me, and not in a personal way, is the tone of your comment. It suggests that your way is the only right wait to wear a blazer. The issue is, nowadays – style has moved in the direction that is a little bit more slim, and when I wear my blazers (even if they look too tight to you), i wear them slim. That is considered the trendier way to wear a jacket. Considering my age(22) I feel entitled to wear slim clothing.

Edit : I only say that based on your previous comments and the link you provided, which, if you were following slim trends of today, you would find yourself needing to size down your uniqlo blazer from that pic.
            Last edited by Jake101; May 10, 2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was feeling a bit self conscious about them. Good to know I wore them properly.

Forgot to mention I'm loving yoyorobbos look with the suit and that knit tie and that watch.

Comment

Bruschetta - I appreciate the feedback. I don't close it. I ALSO know you are the conservative mod, but I do appreciate the input. That being said. New BR suit.
                This looks fantastic.

The only thing that irks me, and not in a personal way, is the tone of your comment. It suggests that your way is the only right wait to wear a blazer. The issue is, nowadays – style has moved in the direction that is a little bit more slim, and when I wear my blazers even if they look too tight to you, i wear them slim. That is considered the trendier way to wear a jacket. Considering my age(22) I feel entitled to wear slim clothing.
                I apologize for the tone of my comment. I agree that you can get away with wearing slimmer and shorter jackets than me (part of this comes down to personality).

That Banana Republic jacket would border on too slim for me, but I think that it looks good on you. On the other hand, the Uniqlo blazer looks as though it doesn't fit.

Vicious, I like the new shoes. Are those Allen Edmonds? The shape and broguing is far nicer than most of the Allen Edmonds that I've seen (and owned). It reminds me of a sleeker McAllister.

Comment

Bruschetta - they're AE Spiaggia's. I picked them up during the samples sale a few weeks ago.

Comment

Heading out for drinks in a bit. Warm night here in socal - perfect for going sockless in suede wingtips.

Kensington (I've come to realize this thing doesn't fit that well in the waist - but it's my only navy jacket, so it'll have to do for now)
                    JCF gingham
                    BR
                    Aston Grey
                    Orient

Comment

Had a graduation reception tonight.

Suit/Shirt/Tie: JCF
                      PS/Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                      Socks: Unknown brand (Burlington Coat Factory 5/$10)
                      Shoes: AE Chester
                      Watch: Rolex Datejust
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Picture quality is terrible, but I Wore this today (minus the visible undershirt)

JCF red check soft wash shirt
                        Stafford slim fit navy cotton blazer
                        JCP light gray chinos
                        AE strands

Comment

WIWY....

SuitSupply Napoli, Robert Talbott tie, Neiman Marcus shirt, floppy hat and funny robe, plus mom and dad. (Yes my dad is that much taller than me... 5'9" vs 6'6". If I didn't look like his mini-me and have all his weird personality/physical quirks, people might wonder....)
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
                            Heading out for drinks in a bit. Warm night here in socal - perfect for going sockless in suede wingtips.

Kensington (I've come to realize this thing doesn't fit that well in the waist - but it's my only navy jacket, so it'll have to do for now)
                            JCF gingham
                            BR
                            Aston Grey
                            Orient
                            I like the action shot.

I agree with the fit on that blazer. I've got a Tommy Hilfiger that fits me pretty much the same way. Unfortunately mine was a $130 dollar mistake.
                            Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Robbo - I'll contact you in a few months when I'm looking to pick up some Aventus. Some help getting one of their best batches would be great.

What I actually wore is on the left. Plain old boring outfit. Figure I'd throw on the jacket I just picked up from BR to get some feedback from you guys on it. It has a bit of a Baracuta G9 look to it except brighter which I liked for this time of year.

What size is that shirt?

I have a feeling if you sized down and opted for a slimmer cut you would look sharper.

The color looks great on you though.
                              Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post

JCF gingham
                                BR
                                Aston Grey
                                Orient
                                Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
                                I like the action shot.

I agree with the fit on that blazer. I've got a Tommy Hilfiger that fits me pretty much the same way. Unfortunately mine was a $130 dollar mistake.
                                I must be missing something here. I think the Kensington fits well. And I like that look.

Comment

Working...
                                X