Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noooo!!! Clad just called and cancelled my order. They're sold out on the tie slide. :-P I sholdn't have posted the pic. I jinxed it...

Comment

Noooo! That stinks. I hate when retailers are like "lol, just kidding!"

Macy's doesn't have my style anymore, but they do have a "half textured" one for $15.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-tie-clip-brushed-rhodium-half-textured?ID=609087&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Perhaps unsurprisingly, thetiebar.com also carries a few textured styles, though none with a diamond plate pattern.

Ben

Comment

I don't think you missed out Alan. I bought the sterling silver one on Clad. The order has already shipped out, but I wish I hadn't in retrospect. Turns out tie bars without a Spring get bad reviews for falling off

Comment

I was hesitant with that slide too. So hesitant, it was sold out when I went to buy it. =P

Comment

WIWT > Arnold Palmer blazer (thrifted) $4.99, 100% cashmere sweater from Polo by Ralph Lauren (at Marshall’s) $165 marked down to $34.99, 1MX Express shirt on clearance $20 plus Wurkin Stiffs, Old Navy straight fit slim cords $19, navy blue socks from Polo by Ralph Lauren $8, factory second Allen Edmonds Dalton boots in walnut $149.

I feel like I'm finally figuring it out. This is a hat tip to JC in many ways!

I'd like to get grey dress pants and try this with a tie.

Comment

That blazer fits you perfectly. Well done. Very nice boots

Comment

That blazer fits you perfectly. Well done. Very nice boots

Comment

Aw shucks. I'm beaming. =)

I was pretty excited about the blazer. Found it at Goodwill yesterday on the second try. I probably passed over it the first time there about a month ago, but I'm learning what to look for.

Comment

@nicholascrawford: I like it. When you get stuff for such a sweet price, it's totally kosher to tell what you paid. :-)

Comment

I was stuck in lab classes all day long, plus it was snowing here at school so nothing spectacular:

Coat: JCrew

Sweater: Old Navy

Shirt: Old Navy

Pants: Polo (found in Marshall's)

Shoes (not shown): Timberland GoreTex Burgundy 7 eye-Chukka

Comment

That's a sick peacoat, Pitt. I like semi-popped collar.

Ben

Comment

Thanks BenR, only problem is when it gets windy here it flaps all over the place haha....I meant to ask you if you happened to know the brand of the vest you posted in your last picture? I really like it, and I've been meaning to try and find a nice waistcoat

Comment

I got mine at a thrift shop, the brand was "Botany 500" which seems to be a defunct menswear maker. Good waistcoats are definitely hard to find, especially in the affordable range.

Ben

Comment

Yeah, I can't see spending $80 on a vest, but they're hard to find in good shape in thrift stores. I have one charcoal gray one I've kept, but that's it and I look every time.

Comment

Rolling casual again this morning.... But I may dress up a little fancier for my evening trial advocacy class.

Shirt: H&M (thrifted)

Hoodie: Target

Jacket: Wilsons (thrifted)

Pants: J.Crew (thrifted)

Socks: Target

Shoes: Timberland Newmarket moccasins (my "boat shoes")

Watch (not shown): Seiko Black Monster

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X