Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Watches has got some similar Orient models for sale. Not cheap though.

http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...atch-2709.html

http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...atch-3318.html
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
      Keep at it, I think the colored pants trend is cool and hope it keeps going. Is it tough walking into the police station wearing red pants? Do your co-workers give you crap for being dressed up and on trend? Absolutely nothing against all the fine folks protecting our streets but I can't imagine it is a hot bed of men's style....

Regarding the undershirt, that is obviously a very legitimate reason to keep wearing the undershirt my friend.
      Yeah as you can imagine a testosterone-charged environment such as that is not normally the best place to be bold with one's attire so I don't do it very often. I had a shindig to go to after my watch so I had little choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
        Absolutely beautiful spring day.

Kenneth Cole pincord grey jacket, newly DIY-unlined
        JC shirt
        TieBar tie
        JC linen pants
        Stafford wingtips

Snake doctor, looking good. I like the bold pants thing, but I'm a bit scared to do it at work.
        Thanks for the nod, man. As for this color combination, kudos to you. I think I might steal it for a graduation party I have to go to coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
          Hey Vicious, since you have that beauty of a Christopher Ward, you obviously dont need your Orient Cosmos anymore, so you should sell it to me because I cant find it ANYWHERE and it is driving me nuts. I will throw my wallet at the first one I see!
          Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          My orient millennium you mean?
          yes sry typed the wrong model. Still want it!
          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Creation Watches has got some similar Orient models for sale. Not cheap though.
          Another place to check is (Long) Island Watch. I snagged my Orient Vintage from them for the cheapest price I've seen it go for ($199, IIRC when they had it on sale). That was cheaper than the cheapest Amazon deal at that time, as posted about on the main Dappered site. One of our Dappered brethren pointed me to Island. So glad he did. It was a very positive shopping experience. Quick (and free) shipping, super easy transaction, great product! I wear that darn thing more than any wristwatch I've had to this day - my WIWT pics kinda tell that story. LOL

Anyway they (Island) actually *do* sell the "Cosmos" - even though you said you miscalled it - if you are interested, they have it for $159 now, although it shows "out of stock" (DOH!):
          http://www.longislandwatch.com/Orien...p/et0k002w.htm

They also have the Vintage - the one I just blabbered on about above, and the one that LesserBlackDog linked to also - but it's slightly higher now, at $219 ($259 for the SS band version). Sadly, however, it appears most of those are out of stock as of right now too (DOH! x2). The black dial version is the the only one showing in stock, ATM. Might want to shoot them an email, or keep tabs on the site, in case they go on sale again.

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Searc...orient+vintage

Just another watch site option for ya. I've only used them one time, but that one was a perfect experience. Best of luck in your search!

Oh, and yes, Vicious has excellent watches. That Orient is bomb, the CW is sweet, and his Omega... uhm, yeah. WANT!

And don't get me started on Lesser's Hammy Jazzmaster. NIIIIIIIIIICE!
          Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 9, 2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I think that Orient Vintage is a very nice looking watch. I would've considered that if I didn't already own the Millennium.

Comment

Just got my LEC 608 Slim jeans in the mail a couple days ago after snagging them for 40% off. Still trying to break them in after a cold wash.

Polo- Rugby
              Jeans- LEC 608 Slim
              Belt- EMS canvas web belt
              Watch- Longines
              Shoes- Vans x Barbour

The jeans were initially a little more difficult than I hoped to get on over my hockey legs but they're breaking in ok. I can definitely corroborate the "In Person" on the main site though. The legs from the knee down and the cuff opening is pretty small:

Comment

...Orient Cosmos anymore, so you should sell it to me because I cant find it ANYWHERE and it is driving me nuts. I will throw my wallet at the first one I see!

I agree. It's a beautiful watch. That's an old photo with the watch on a Hirsch strap. The loop on that strap broke off and I haven't found a decent replacement here in the UK. I'm considering putting it back on the steel bracelet.

Comment

I think that Orient Vintage is a very nice looking watch. I would've considered that if I didn't already own the Millennium.
                  Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                  I agree. It's a beautiful watch. That's an old photo with the watch on a Hirsch strap. The loop on that strap broke off and I haven't found a decent replacement here in the UK. I'm considering putting it back on the steel bracelet.
                  Vicious, they are very similar looking, for sure. I actually prefer the date window position/placement on your Millennium vs the more standard one on my Vintage. But yes, IMO they are beautiful *affordable* timepieces. Worth the little extra dough, but certainly not out of reach by any real means. I shouldn't speak for others here, but relative to some of the more costly watches that many of us would love someday to own (some already do), they really are a GREAT watch for the price.

Bruschette, your Cosmos there (right?), is in that same circle. Pure sweetness! And yeah, get that sucker on a functioning band again and get it back into action, man!

Comment

JCF Thompson
                    TieBar tie
                    JCF shirt
                    JCrew Linen pants (these are amazing, by the way)
                    AE Park Avenues

I like the pictures of beautiful watches. Perhaps someday I will join the club.

Comment

In the ongoing discussion of "tuck or don't tuck," and in the *spirit* of the recently (unfortunately) mentioned Buffalo Bill, there's always the quick "tuck it, just right there in the front" choice. I know, I know... totally uncalled-for. My apologies, fellas. I'm sick about it myself. But it really had to be proposed as a middle-of-the-road option.

Henley: Converse
                      Belt: JCF
                      Chinos: BR
                      Shoes: Converse
                      Watch: Timex (vintage - thrifted)
                      Scent: CK
                      Trilby: Original Penguin

Oh yeah, grabbed a new hat for the Summer from Nordy Rack the other day. I like these kinda squishy(?) ones, as opposed to the more sturdily-structured ones (wow, this isn't sounding very good), especially for just backyard BBQs and hangin' at the pool and such. The darker blue color might not be the best for the heat, but WTF... I like navy blue, and there's of course the main idea of protecting my hairless dome from the ever-cruel Sun. So there; take that, Your Solarness!

Comment

Unfortunately those types of hats don't look right on me otherwise I'd always be wearing Fedoras and such.

I have to ask - exactly how many different colognes do you have? I have yet to see you repeat one.

Comment

Unfortunately those types of hats don't look right on me otherwise I'd always be wearing Fedoras and such.

I have to ask - exactly how many different colognes do you have? I have yet to see you repeat one.
                          I'm not totally a "hat guy" yet either. Not like I am a :cologne guy" - LOL! I still like my good ol' DET Tiger's baseball cap - as un-Dappered as that may be. I *do* try to keep it simple & stylish (the Old English D in white (or even orange) on a dark navy blue background is a pretty safe bet there). But I have a few other *gentlemanly* hats (mostly the Trilby style), yet with a casual slant, for just dorkin' around in the backyard, by the pool, or at the beach. In those situations, I worry much less about how I look in them. That might not be a good thing, but it's the truth.

Oh, and on the # of colognes tip: Really, I don't know, man. LOL - Too many, that's for sure. I have been trying to scale back, maybe even sell some, but it's hard to get any real dough for used fragrances. Some of them, of course, can get you some solid money - but we're talking about some of the higher-end niche scents (Creeds, Tom Fords, Bonds, etc), which happen to be the ones I really want to keep in my rotation.

Yes, *rotation*. LOL I guess looking back now that you mentioned it, I have rotated pretty well through them, especially in my WIWT pics. Funny thing is I do have a couple (namely Aventus & GIT), which I wear more than any. Aventus is pretty much my signature scent. But I don't think it's even made it in *once* to my WIWT stuff. I must just be skipping the days when I'm wearing it. Making a note now. LOL

Comment

Is the Creed Aventus that good? I was thinking of trying it next time I was at a Sax or some other high end that might carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                              JCrew Linen pants (these are amazing, by the way)
                              What in the hell am I talking about? These are the JCF Thompson pants. I *also* have the JC linen pants, which are in fact amazing, but I am not currently wearing them. I am wearing a suit, which means the pants and jacket match. Too many long meetings this week; my brain is mush.
                              Last edited by BB; May 9, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

So, I don't think I look all that good in a hat, but I think I might need a summer hat for a couple of things where I might be outdoors in work clothes in sweltering heat. What do you all recommend for hats? Robbo, I think I like that hat, but it looks too casual for me. Do I go for a panama hat? If so, what do I look for?

Comment

Working...
                                X