This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

Question, fellas: What's your take on the *tucked-in* polo look? I like the more casual feel of it untucked, generally - especially casually in the Spring/Summer - but often times, for wear at the office, I tuck (WODER!). Does it look silly/stuffy or is it OK? Feels cleaner, more put-together to me in this case, but I'm open for opinions, be they good or bad - I mean, "positive or negative." LOL
    I do more tucked than untucked with polos but it depends on the length of the polo and what I'm wearing it with. If its jeans you can go untucked. Chinos look better with tucked.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      Question, fellas: What's your take on the *tucked-in* polo look? I like the more casual feel of it untucked, generally - especially casually in the Spring/Summer - but often times, for wear at the office, I tuck (WODER!).
      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I do more tucked than untucked with polos but it depends on the length of the polo and what I'm wearing it with. If its jeans you can go untucked. Chinos look better with tucked.
      Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      Re: "the tuck" I have seen it done well both ways. I usually leave them untucked, unless I'm playing golf.
      This whole conversation really begs for a RuPaul's Drag Race reference.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        This whole conversation really begs for a RuPaul's Drag Race reference.
        Or at least a mention of Buffalo Bill. 😉
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
          Or at least a mention of Buffalo Bill. ��
          I'd F me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLL5y565Rg
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I decided to try to pull off the BenR camera angle while walking my dog (not a metaphor).

Comment

Realized I didn't have anything to put in the third square, so I copied Bruschetta's imitation of BenR.

LE linen-cotton
              JC shirt
              TieBar tie
              JC cords
              Thrifted longwings

Comment

Jacket- Target Merona Kensington
                Shirt- JCF
                Belt- Zara
                Pants- Dockers Alpha Khakis in red ochre
                Shoes- Clarks Bushacre
                Sunglasses (not pictured)- Ray Ban Wayfarers

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post

Jacket- Target Merona Kensington
                  Shirt- JCF
                  Belt- Zara
                  Pants- Dockers Alpha Khakis in red ochre
                  Shoes- Clarks Bushacre
                  Sunglasses (not pictured)- Ray Ban Wayfarers
                  Awesome look, pants are legit. I know it is sort of a personal thing but why the tshirt underneath the shirt? Personally, I'm not a big fan of this look but as I said, might be a personal thing.

Comment

Title: Late Spring Lumberjack
                    Shirt: Polo
                    Jeans: Gap
                    Belt: Polo D Ring
                    Boots: Timberland Earthkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                      Awesome look, pants are legit. I know it is sort of a personal thing but why the tshirt underneath the shirt? Personally, I'm not a big fan of this look but as I said, might be a personal thing.

Thanks, man. I was worried about taking the risk on that color but it's growing on me. I'm also not a fan of the fact that the t-shirt is visible but I'm a cop and have to wear that undershirt underneath my armor and uniform, and past experience shows that if I don't wear the stupid thing to work I often forget to bring it altogether...
                      Last edited by Snake Doctor; May 7, 2013, 10:27 PM. Reason: Added quote

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                        Thanks, man. I was worried about taking the risk on that color but it's growing on me. I'm also not a fan of the fact that the t-shirt is visible but I'm a cop and have to wear that undershirt underneath my armor and uniform, and past experience shows that if I don't wear the stupid thing to work I often forget to bring it altogether...
                        NYC's hipster cop as nothing on you!

Comment

All dressed up for a dinner party last night.

Suit: Bar III
                          Shirt: CT (maybe my favorite shirt)
                          Tie: Tie Bar (Love the color/pattern, but it ties a terrible knot)
                          Square: Target
                          Shoes: AE Player's in walnut
                          Wife: Hotness

Comment

Going to a casual lunch with the Mrs. since we're both off today. Feels a little Morty Seinfeldish, but hey I'm I'm South Florida.

Shirt/Belt/Pants: JCF
                            Shoes: Pro-Keds
                            Watch: Citizen
                            Last edited by MarkB; May 8, 2013, 10:57 AM.
                            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                              Cologne guy, I like the casual look. Those are gorgeous shoes.
                              LOL - Do I need to officially change my forum moniker? Naw, but it is funny that a few of you fellas refer to me as such, and that I know you're talking to me. Ah well. Diversity, individuality, stubbornness; "these are a few of my favorite things."

Annnnnyyyyway, thanks man! I really am pretty giddy over the shoes. I was just about to go shoe-shopping for some more-casual (meaning rubber or combo soled), yet still somewhat dressy wingtips or longwings, in dark brown or burgundy. I bought the Merlot AE McAllister with the combination tap sole during their recent anniversary sale, but had to return them a couple days later, due to poor fit - damn you 5-last! So, these Aldens look like they just might fill that void, even though they are slightly more casual I guess, due to the full rubber sole (especially the sole-edge). Other than that they really kinda look like the same shoe as the McAllister; to me, at least. They also look to (and feel on) me like the Stafford Ashton wingtip oxfords, but of obvious higher quality and workmanship, so that is a very good thing, as those fit me perfect.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

@Sigtweed: You really represent the California casual vibe nicely, bud. At least what I imagine it would be; haven't been out to LA in probably 16 or 17 years. I dig the slant that you (and others, of course) add to WIWT. Cool, man!

@Vicious: I think I'm on the same page as you regarding the tuck vs un-tuck debate (and LesserBlackDog, look what you've started - LOL! - or was it I who planted the seed? - WODER!). In this particular instance, the polo *was* a little on the long side, and I too felt that with the chinos and the belt/shoe combo (one that I now agree with MarkB really didn't jive with the whole look) that the shirt should be tucked in. Looking back at my pic, I kinda get a short-torso'd/high-waist'd feeling from it. Not sure if it was just the pic, or maybe I tend to wear that pair of chinos a little higher than some others. Dunno. Either way, thanks for the feedback, bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X