Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    From yesterday....it was hot in LA

    Shirt and Jeans: Paper, Denim, and Cloth
    Shoes: Vans

    Oops, forgot to tag. What color are the Vans?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Yoyorobbo - it probably is a bit nautical themed because my wife likes nautical for some reason. I think she's always secretly wanted to own a boat and go sailing around the world.
      LOL! Well, in that case you better stop buying stuff and start saving for that boat! Tough call. Ha! - Oh, and I meant no negativity with the nautical comment, just to be clear. I think it totally works, and I go white with navy all the time, too, in the Summer especially.


      @pratyk: That whole outfit rocks, but I keep checking out that canvas bag. Gotta get me a new daily/laptop bag. I've been eyeing the J&M 1850 waxed canvas one, but damn... expensive!

      @Sigtweed: Thanks for the info on the PD&C gear. I've never even tried any of them on in the stores (Marshalls/TJM), but I did kinda figure the quality must be pretty low, based solely on the current prices. Sounds like you made out by snagging them before that decline. Nice.

      @MarkB: Regarding those BBQ pic shorts, are they maroon(-ish)? If so, I dig them even more so. Don't see that very often, at least it doesn't seem like it. Cool.

      @bjmcgeever: Looking very sharp, man. Only thing I don't get is the footwear choice. Don't get me wrong, I think those boots are THE JAM, but personally I bet you have some that might work better with the rest of your getup there. Maybe it's their toe-shape, or maybe the casualness of the suede, dunno. Ankle boots can certainly work with a suit, but I think they'd work better if they were a darker leather variety. Again, only my opinion, from a single solitary shot, but thought I'd give my feedback. Do with it what you will. Otherwise, AWESOME, super clean look. That tie, in particular is badass!

      @DerekH: Looking smooth, dude. Those monks are sweet! Was that the wedding where you were concerned about the shoes because of a beach/outdoor setting? Can't recall. Maybe I should go re-read the original post. Regardless, personally the socks are a touch too much "pop" for *me*. Many gents in this community rock that look, with a suit too - I just usually go more traditional with socks, when I'm suited-up. More casual looks? Sure thing. Again, just *me*. Oh, and that tie is the bomb too. Nice! Sounds like you had a great time - blurry pics tell the real story - LOL!

      Comment


        Super nice day out again around here. Yes! - I felt the strong urge to go "sockless & loafered" again today, but wanted desperately to audition my *newly-thrifted* Aldens. $9? Uhm.... okayyyy... sure!


        Polo: Lacoste (thrifted)
        Belt: Timberland
        Chinos: BR
        Socks: BRF
        Shoes: Alden (thrifted - score!)
        Watch: Orient
        Fragrance: Lacoste

        Question, fellas: What's your take on the *tucked-in* polo look? I like the more casual feel of it untucked, generally - especially casually in the Spring/Summer - but often times, for wear at the office, I tuck (WODER!). Does it look silly/stuffy or is it OK? Feels cleaner, more put-together to me in this case, but I'm open for opinions, be they good or bad - I mean, "positive or negative." LOL

        Comment


          @robbo - Thanks for the compliments. I'm undecided on the Malverns with a suit as well. I'd seen shots around the interwebz of suede chukkas + suits before, but I'd yet try it myself. The look better from a normal (not straight-down) angle, but I think you're right. They might work better with a more casual suit.

          Comment


            Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            @DerekH: Looking smooth, dude. Those monks are sweet! Was that the wedding where you were concerned about the shoes because of a beach/outdoor setting? Can't recall. Maybe I should go re-read the original post. Regardless, personally the socks are a touch too much "pop" for *me*. Many gents in this community rock that look, with a suit too - I just usually go more traditional with socks, when I'm suited-up. More casual looks? Sure thing. Again, just *me*. Oh, and that tie is the bomb too. Nice! Sounds like you had a great time - blurry pics tell the real story - LOL!
            Yeah, same wedding w/the blue suit. Got a few comments on the double monks (should have probably snapped a pic of them where you could see the straps, alas). I like to do the crazy sock trend for the weddings I go since I couldn't get away with it at work. I toyed with the idea of going sockless, too, might do a similar combo with that suit at a shindig in July.

            Comment


              Originally posted by dackman View Post
              Oops, forgot to tag. What color are the Vans?
              dack, they are the Era 59 CA in princess blue (princess blue for a princess!) I got 'em on Piperlime but they can be had elsewhere also.
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

              Comment


                Looking good, guys. BJ, nice getup.



                It's unseasonably cold, so I packed away most of my cold weather sportcoats. I'm wearing this one over and over until it warms up... Or I get sick of it.

                Comment


                  @yoyo-Yep, the shorts are maroon (or burgundy, not really sure). My wife bought them for me from gap last summer IIRC. Not the typical heavy chino, but a nice twill (I'm guessing here, I know zilch about fabrics), which is perfect for the stupid hot temps we have already.

                  Re: "the tuck" I have seen it done well both ways. I usually leave them untucked, unless I'm playing golf. I'm on the fence about your getup to be honest. I feel like something is off. Maybe the shade of the shoes/belt? Can't really put my finger on it at the moment. I think I would've gone with a button up w/ the sleeves rolled with those pants/shoes or shorts/tennys (or loafers) with that shirt. Just my thoughts.
                  Last edited by MarkB; May 6, 2013, 05:15 PM.
                  Countryside Man of Letters

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                    @yoyo-Yep, the shorts are maroon (or burgundy, not really sure). My wife bought them for me from gap last summer IIRC. Not the typical heavy chino, but a nice twill (I'm guessing here, I know zilch about fabrics), which is perfect for the stupid hot temps we have already.

                    Re: "the tuck" I have seen it done well both ways. I usually leave them untucked, unless I'm playing golf. I'm on the fence about your getup to be honest. I feel like something is off. Maybe the shade of the shoes/belt? Can't really put my finger on it at the moment. I think I would've gone with a button up w/ the sleeves rolled with those pants/shoes or shorts/tennys (or loafers) with that shirt. Just my thoughts.
                    Cool. Maroon or burgundy - Regardless, they're cool.

                    And I agree with your take on my getup. I really forced the shoes into the gig today. LOL - I thrifted them on Friday's drive home from work. Was immediately elated! Got to cleaning, conditioning and polishing them during the weekend, and simply *had* to wear them first chance this week. It was "a moral imperative!"

                    But yeah, I agree; both other options that you suggested would have made for a more congruent look. Had I not just snagged the shoes and been all giddy about them, I would most likely have gone with some loafers, drivers or maybe even boat shoes; sockless. I try *not* to wear "tennis shoes" to work, but I certainly have on certain occasion, so they weren't totally out of the running either.

                    Thanks for the honest opinion, bud. I appreciate the feedback!

                    Comment




                      GAP shirt, GAP jacket, Lands' End tie, Levi's jeans, J&M bucks.
                      Ben

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                        Suited up today. Was gonna go tieless, but once I put it all together, it needed a tie.
                        Shoes: AE Malvern
                        I like the suit, shirt, and tie, but I'm not sold on the shoes or the square. You really look good in that suit.

                        DerekH, looking slick.

                        Cologne guy, I like the casual look. Those are gorgeous shoes.

                        BenR, The camera perspective makes me feel like a bit of food that's about to be devoured.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          BenR, The camera perspective makes me feel like a bit of food that's about to be devoured.
                          That's what I was going for.

                          OM NOM NOM.

                          Ben

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            I like the suit, shirt, and tie, but I'm not sold on the shoes or the square. You really look good in that suit.
                            Thanks! And I agree. My square collection is rather limited

                            Comment


                              Urban Cowboy

                              Shirt - Vintage cowboy thrifted
                              Jeans - Gap
                              Shoes - Vans Sk8 Hi

                              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                              Comment


                                I'm swooning over this jacket, BenR...the second GAP runs another 35% or 40% off, it's going down! Love the look, by the way!
                                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post


                                GAP shirt, GAP jacket, Lands' End tie, Levi's jeans, J&M bucks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X