This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input/compliments, all!

Good to know those aviators can be made prescription. They are definitely on my list of potential sunglasses to use as a second pair (I'm pretty happy with my current primary pair). Anyone know where one can try them on in person? I'm kind of terrible at guessing whether glasses will look good on me, which is why I've stuck with my everyday, non-sun glasses for a very long time.

I also agree with greg_s and Vicious49 re. the dual Prince of Wales checks. It works and it's got the added benefit of being kind of a "guess what, suckas?!" kind of a move.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
      @bruschetta, you know, I actually think it works. From far enough away, it just looks like large gingham. Close up it's a bit much, but I'm guessing not a lot of people get that close to you day to day... you know, like strangers
      Less than I would like, but more than you'd expect. But thank you.
      Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I aree with Greg about bruschettas outfit. From far away it does look like large gingham.
      Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      I also agree with greg_s and Vicious49 re. the dual Prince of Wales checks. It works and it's got the added benefit of being kind of a "guess what, suckas?!" kind of a move.
      Thanks, guys. For my next trick I'll try wearing a windowpane shirt with a windowpane jacket or a pinstripe suit with a bengal stripe shirt. My outfit was born out of a lack of options, so I'm glad that it passes the muster in the WIWT thread.

Comment

i want some feedback on my red pants, dammit! can i pull them off or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
          i want some feedback on my red pants, dammit! can i pull them off or not?
          I like the red pants. I think they work best the way you wore them, paired with neutrals.
          Ben

Comment

Today's outfit:
            Shirt: Express Fitted Purple Check Shirt
            Pants: BR Heritage Gray Straight Fit
            Jacket: JCP Stafford
            Tie: Tommy Hilfiger Navy Cotton 3"
            Shoes: Sebago Chocolate Suede Penny Loafers
            Socks: Florsheim Ducky Brown
            Watch: Orient Mako
            Bag: Canvas Briefcase with leather straps/bottom (from a MYHABIT sale)

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              Also, we wore the same pants today.
              How on earth did you both fit?!?!?!
              Ben

Comment

Shomas, looks great. Nice patterns. And you're right about the tie -- should have went truly casual Friday!

bruschetta, I did a double take at first because it looked like the pattern in the shirt was trying to burst out through the jacket, like it was an Alien and your jacket was a futuristic astronaut. Uncanny. Seriously, that's better pattern-matching than 99% of shirt seams. Flawless integration.

Sigtweed, nice shoes.

Pratyk, I like your shirts.

Vicious, I am envious of the shoes.

Jake, I agree with BenR. Wear them with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                  Jeez this thread gets busier and busier every day.
                  It's glorious! I remember the days when it would just be a couple of us posting. Now so many peeps! MOAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

@Sig: How do you like those PD&C pieces? I see them all the time in Marshalls and TJMaxx, but have never tried any of them. They are always very affordable, so I'm curious as to how well they hold up. Any insight? Oh, and nice colors, BTW. I need more colors in my 'drobe.
                    Thank you.

I bought both of those items awhile ago so I don't think they are reflective of the current quality. Particularly the jeans. The shirt has held up great, I think i paid like $10 or something crazy for it. The jeans I believe were PDC before they sold out/went mass market so they are pretty high quality. The current jeans under that brand are of far inferior quality from what i have seen. Doesn't' mean they aren't decent but I just don't think they are the same thing.
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Madras in honor of the derby. Folks coming over in a bit -- got some Georgia juleps to serve.

Brooks Bros factory madras (thrift)
                      Levis North Carolina-made 505s (Gilt, I think, last summer)
                      Target belt
                      Peach-infused mint julep

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                        Madras in honor of the derby. Folks coming over in a bit -- got some Georgia juleps to serve.

Brooks Bros factory madras (thrift)
                        Levis North Carolina-made 505s (Gilt, I think, last summer)
                        Target belt
                        Peach-infused mint julep
                        Looking nice & relaxed there, BB. Peach-infused mint julep sounds mighty tasty.

I also snagged a pair of those US-made 505s during a Hautelook sale this year for something like $60. I wore the heck out of them this winter.

Comment

Outdoor BBQ for my brothers birthday.

Shirt: JCF
                          Shorts: BR
                          Watch: Citizen
                          Shoes: Pro-Keds
                          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Suited up today. Was gonna go tieless, but once I put it all together, it needed a tie.

Suit: JCF Thompson
                            Shirt: Charles Trywhitt (brand new; I really like the fine stripe)
                            Tie: Penguin (a great Macy's find)
                            Square: Target
                            Shoes: AE Malvern

Comment

Not so much today as on Saturday for a wedding, after the help from the fellas in this thread (http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-Wedding-Suiit)

Wish the pictures weren't so blurry, but in my defense I was a little drunk.

Shoes: To Boot New York Double Monks (6pm.com)
                              Suit: Suitsupply
                              Shirt: Bonobos Non-Iron
                              Tie: Everlane Navy Polka Dot Cotton
                              Tie Clip: Tiebar.com
                              Socks: Tiebar.com
                              Watch: Victorinox Automatic Officer's Watch
                              Pocket Square: Last Minute Airport Brooks Brothers baby blue gingham (forgot the white one I wanted to wear)

Cocktail of the day: Hendricks Cucumber infused gin and tonic
                              Last edited by bruschetta; May 6, 2013, 02:10 PM. Reason: Fixed your image link.

Comment

Loving those Vans in this look, what color/wash are those?

Comment

Working...
                                X