This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is me today:

Jacket: BR (no, I don't wear it every day, I just happen to usually think I look good enough to post here when I do)
    Shirt: Uniqlo
    Pants: Bonobos
    Shoes: BR
    Tie: Lumina (via Huckberry-just delivered today and it seemed to go with my outfit so I put it on. I like it).

Comment

From yesterday....it was hot in LA

Shirt and Jeans: Paper, Denim, and Cloth
      Shoes: Vans

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@shomas - tie and jacket look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
          From yesterday....it was hot in LA

Shirt and Jeans: Paper, Denim, and Cloth
          Shoes: Vans
          I like this a lot - especially the Vans. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            This is me today:

Jacket: BR (no, I don't wear it every day, I just happen to usually think I look good enough to post here when I do)
            Shirt: Uniqlo
            Pants: Bonobos
            Shoes: BR
            Tie: Lumina (via Huckberry-just delivered today and it seemed to go with my outfit so I put it on. I like it).
            Love this whole look. Well done!

Comment

Seersucker. I have a seersucker suit that I love (got a very good deal via a couple of Bonobos sales); I just need an excuse/the gumption. And before you suggest it, the Derby ain't it-my Saturday will be spent at a couple of toddler birthday parties where showing up in a seersucker suit would be ill-advised to say the least.

Pratyk: I love those shades. They aren't prescription lenses, are they? If so, any feedback on the process of getting the lenses put in?

BB: I agree that the color palette today is very nice, though I think it might be more cohesive without the tie (but I do like that tie).

Yoyorobbo: does the photo accurately capture the color of those pants? I like it-can you give some details re. model, etc.?
              They are regular lenses. I do have a pair with prescription lenses for driving purposes. I was in India recently for a wedding and among other things, I got lenses cut to fit the frame. 20-25$ for anti-glare lenses.

Comment

Got a new belt from J Crew I wanted to try out.

Comment

Yoyorobbo: does the photo accurately capture the color of those pants? I like it-can you give some details re. model, etc.?
                  Yeah Shomas, I'd say it's a fairly true representation. Sometimes colors don't translate well in these pics - kinda like my loafers in that same pic - they *are* chocolate brown, but to me they almost look black in that pic (close, at least) - but the chinos are basically that color/shade of grey as seen in the pic.

They are Dockers "Modern Khaki" cut that I picked up at JCP a few weeks back. I snagged the tan/*khaki* pair and this grey pair, but they also had a couple of other colors, like a pastel-ish almost periwinkle blue and some subdued reddish hued one too. I almost snagged them all, but wanted to see how these two held up after some wears and a wash/dry cycle.

To me, they fit really nice. I'm coming from a Dockers D2 fit, as I never felt right in the D1 or Alphas. I don't know for sure, but I'd put these between the D2 and D1, but for all I know they could be just a D1, renamed for marketing purposes. Dunno. I will add that they have been working better for me in this sockless situation today, as when I have worn them *with* socks they have on occasion clung to my calves when I've gotten up from a seated position. Just something that kinda *stuck* with me, I guess. Figured I'd pass it along.

In summary, I *really* like them! And I'll likely pick up that blue and maybe that red pair in future.

For reference, here's a different WIWT pic showing the grey chinos:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...%3B#post109473

Oh, and here's a couple other WIWT pics, where I was wearing the tan/khaki colored ones, in case you're interested:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...%3B#post108614

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...%3B#post110815

Comment

I wore an outfit today that is arguably in bad taste: a prince of whales check shirt with a prince of whales check sport coat. Taken while playing with my dog in the yard.

I also went all-cotton which is rare for me. All of my lightweight wool trousers are at the tailors: I'm having cuffs put on them.
                    Navy chinos from Bonobos.
                    Shirt is an older Charles Tyrwhitt.
                    AE rough McNeils.
                    No watch - it's about to undergo a strapenectomy now that I have received a replacement strap from Crown & Buckle.

Comment

PS: Shomas, I like that outfit. Also, we wore the same pants today.

Comment

I like this a lot - especially the Vans. Well played.
                        Thank you kind sir!

Your mastery of the sportcoat is something to behold.
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Pratyk: I love those shades. They aren't prescription lenses, are they? If so, any feedback on the process of getting the lenses put in?
                          Shomas, speaking out of turn here a bit, but here's a link that might answer your query:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/american...ear-pilot.html

I do *not* wear prescription glasses, but I got my AO original pilots from Optics Planet last Summer, and the transaction was smooth and satisfying (WODER!). There was a coupon code that applied to an already pretty low price, so they came out to be priced somewhere in the mid $30s, IIRC. I *think* the code was a % off, not a straight dollar amount, so it might be nice on the pricier prescription option if it's still active.

I'm expecting some RE (Randolph Engineering) aviators (almost same exact look as the AO original pilots, just more costly - LOL) to be waiting for me when I get home today. I took advantage of an offer/code they had going of $50 off of any one item - and the avitors were already marked down to $90. So I got a pair for $40. Thanks to Redford in the sales thread, for alerting me of the deal:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ph+engineering

I think that ended last day of April, but who knows... maybe there's still an active code for them too. Not sure if they offer Rx glasses, but they probably do. Good luck!

Comment

@Shomas: You *should* wear that jacket every day. It fits you perfectly! (so does the birdseye BR one, IIRC, too - so maybe every *other* day).

@Sig: How do you like those PD&C pieces? I see them all the time in Marshalls and TJMaxx, but have never tried any of them. They are always very affordable, so I'm curious as to how well they hold up. Any insight? Oh, and nice colors, BTW. I need more colors in my 'drobe.

@Vicious: The new belt works very nicely there. The leather tips seem to tie into the brown and burnt-orange edging of the suedes' soles, (yes, I'm getting that matchy-matchy here), but even better it looks like it should be very versatile with many other outfits too. Good call! Oh, and in general, the outfit altogether rocks. I really like the look of blue(ish) shirts, jackets and even shoes, juxtaposed against white (or even off-white) jeans/chinos. It's sometimes borderline nautical, in a way, but it just works. Nice job!
                            Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 3, 2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Jeez this thread gets busier and busier every day. I'll stick to the most recent handful.

@Montag, not a big fan of that tie. Is that a suit or sport coat and trousers? If the latter, the pants should be more disparate from the blazer.

@BB, your last couple on the previous page were excellent. I dig the top half of this outfit.

@Shomas, killin' it

@sigtweed and vicious, both look nicely casual

@bruschetta, you know, I actually think it works. From far enough away, it just looks like large gingham. Close up it's a bit much, but I'm guessing not a lot of people get that close to you day to day... you know, like strangers
                              "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Yoyorobbo - it probably is a bit nautical themed because my wife likes nautical for some reason. I think she's always secretly wanted to own a boat and go sailing around the world.

I aree with Greg about bruschettas outfit. From far away it does look like large gingham.

Comment

Working...
                                X