This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post
    Max, looking good. Sweater weather sounds good. Jake, the green gingham is nice.

Trying out the app everybody's using.

JC Seersucker
    Thrifted shirt
    Tie Bar Tie
    Thrifted Bostonian loafers
    Loving that Seersucker suit, great look.

Comment

Incredible outfit BB! Seersucker, check, knit tie, check and with polka dots! I want to hunt down one but only big names make them and cost about 60 pounds at least here. And suede loafers, check. Result: in-freakin-credible!

And here are some of my shirts, was packing them and thought they looked neat stacked like this:

Comment

Been a while.

Cardigan: H&M
        Shirt: Express
        Jeans: Guess

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          I think the app is Pic Stitch.

Speaking of....

JCF shirt, GAP jacket, Target pants, MT Silversmith belt, J&M shoes, Hamilton watch
          Love that watch. I would never have thought to go for dressier watch with gold hands on the dial in a casual look, but it works with the belt buckle and general earthiness of the outfit really well.

Comment

Yes, the app is Pic Stitch. Works well.

Thanks for the feedback. I was inspired to wear the seersucker from the thread day before yesterday. Matt, you need someone to bring you one from the Tie Bar! $15 for the polka dot knit... Anyone going to the UK soon?

Today:

LE Linen/cotton blazer
            Tie Bar
            Shirt thrifted from a brand I will not name for shame but whose eponymous businessman says "you're fired"
            JC linen pants (eBayed for a steal)
            AE Elgins

Comment

From yesterday...

Shirt: Peter Millar
              Jeans: Gap
              Shoes: Eastland Mocs
              Belt: Polo D Ring

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." ā€“ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

@MaxMan: That tie is suh-weeeeeetness! Really cool colors and pattern. Nice!

@Jake: If you can snap a pic whilst buttoning your jacket, I think you may have just graduated to Master Photography Ninja status.

@BB: That polka-dot knit tie is flippin' sweet. I don't know if I've seen that combo before. And yes, diggin' those thrifted loafers, too. Good, and likely very useful score!

@Eric: I hear ya on the wheat/cream/blah-blah-blah color thing. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding even what to call some of mine. Beige/tan/kahki - cream/wheat/oatmeal... OK, now I'm just getting myself hungry!

@Lesser: One more thing on that last pic of yours: Personally (and of course it's only my own take), I really see how your silversmith buckle works now in this type of outfit. Honestly, I have struggled with it before, in your more *dressed-up* pics. But, this more casual, earthy, almost *worker*-type of look (not demeaning it - it looks great altogether) seems to be fitting for that big o' wrangler of a buckle. Of course, *you* set your own style - and you have made it one of your signature pieces - so I get that too. Just saying that I think it *really* works with an outfit such as that one; and now I get it. Get it?

@TheNPSter: Crazy perspective, dude! But hey, that's how you we our own look most of the time, right? Not doggin' - just playin'. Diggin' the shirt/jeans/shoe combo. But what *about* those shoes? Any deets you care to share. Tough to make 'em out fully in the pic, but they look pretty cool from there. Player's, maybe? Just a guess, but hey, I'm tryin', right?

@Matt: That is a cool way to look at your shirt collection. Easy to discern both the similarities and the differences, stacked up like that. Safe travels, man.

@Mikey: Cool is the rule, bud. Tight casual layered look, you've got going on there; per usual. And you're youthful enough to pull off the additional accessories (bracelets, in particular here) without question. Some of us... uhm... age-advanced fellas sometimes have to be careful with those. Sometimes they work; other times, no-ah-ah. But they always seem to work on you. Nice look!

@BB: "you're fired!" - LOL - All good, man. The shirt works, so no worries there. Just don't copy his hair-do, and you'll be fine. Sometimes ya do just wanna rip out the labels, though, right? I hear ya. BTW, something you already know, but those shoes kick serious butt! And what's that watch? Maybe you've covered it before, but if you get a sec here, how about some details?

@Sigtweed: That's a cool color combo in that shirt. Is it purple and green? Regardless, I like it! Dig the Eastlands too. I have a pair of the moc mid (ankle) boots (or whatever), and they're great kick-arounds. I had a similar pair in college, that I simply wore to death! Are yours there boots (mids) or shoes (lows)?

Comment

*Finally* a really nice day around here. WSHEW! I was beginning to think that Spring was giving us "the bird" this year. Anyway, short-sleeves it is!

Polo: BR (thrifted)
                  Belt: Timberland
                  Jeans: BRF
                  Socks: Merona
                  Shoes: AE
                  Watch: Orient
                  Shades: AO
                  Fragrance: Ed Hardy (yeah, yeah... I know - but it's the only EH *anything* I own... SWEAR!)

Comment

First post, first WIWT, be gentle fellas
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    Jacket: JC Penney $15 clearance special
                    OCBD: jcp
                    Jeans: 501 stf
                    Boots: Wolverine
                    Watch: Timex

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      @Sigtweed: That's a cool color combo in that shirt. Is it purple and green? Regardless, I like it! Dig the Eastlands too. I have a pair of the moc mid (ankle) boots (or whatever), and they're great kick-arounds. I had a similar pair in college, that I simply wore to death! Are yours there boots (mids) or shoes (lows)?
                      Thanks! It's actually pink and a light gray, one of my favorite shirts. Yeah, I have been very on the fence for awhile on boat shoes and mocs but I saw those, they are the low, 4 eye variety, on My Habit for $40 and I decided I couldn't pass them up. They'll be a good summer shoe.

Comment

Today's business:

Jacket: J Crew
                        Shirt: J Crew Factory
                        Pants: Bonobos
                        Shoes: AE
                        Pocket square: the Tie Bar

Comment

#dubmonkslikeabawse

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            @TheNPSter: Crazy perspective, dude! But hey, that's how you we our own look most of the time, right? Not doggin' - just playin'. Diggin' the shirt/jeans/shoe combo. But what *about* those shoes? Any deets you care to share. Tough to make 'em out fully in the pic, but they look pretty cool from there. Player's, maybe? Just a guess, but hey, I'm tryin', right?
                            The shoes are actually a pair of Floyd Deary wingtips. Picked them up at Little Burgundy (I think that's only in Canada?) a while back for around a hundred bucks. They're good and cheap, so I can both love em and thrash em. I know my affair won't be long living since they're bound to fall apart prematurely, but it'll be good while it lasts! Here's a close-up:

Comment

Trying out a couple new eBay finds today.

Blazer: J Crew (eBay)
                              Shirt: TM Lewin
                              Pants: JCP (hem is a bit long for my taste, but not long enough to make me go to the tailor quite yet)
                              Shoes AE Amok (eBay)

Comment

BJ - I like that blazer. I'm not too keen on the color of those shoes though. Maybe it's just the lighting but it seems like they're too bright which would limit their versatility.

Comment

Working...
                                X