This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
    We all need to stop apologizing for our poor photographs. Lol we're all crappy photographers.
    Speak for yourself! Give me bit to setup the tripod & lights and i'll knock ya dead

Comment

Except for you cologne man. Not you.
      She's happy the name is sticking. My personal photographer that is.

Comment

We all need to stop apologizing for our poor photographs. Lol we're all crappy photographers. Except for you cologne man. Not you.
        Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        She's happy the name is sticking. My personal photographer that is.
        LOL!!! Too funny! I actually fear that many of my full-length (well, 2/3 or 3/4 length) shots are never very clear; due mostly to the mirror/lighting and zooming/cropping. But I will say that cologne bottles are usually pretty fun to photograph. Especially when you're "the cologne man."

Oh --- my --- word.

Comment

@eric F looks good without looking like you try too hard which is always my problem

Comment

And this was today:

Navy pinstripe Kensington
            Arrow fitted shirt
            BR dress chinos

Was going to rock some AE's, but it was raining this morning, so went with my boat shoes from Kohl's. An hour and a half into work and it was sunny and humid, so the jacket was off most of the day.

This version of the Kensington surprised me. It's a lightweight, I don't know, woven? cotton that's got some stretch to it, not the chino fabric of the other colors. It's got a partial upper chambray lining as well. Even the tags inside are different, there's a large tag that actually says "Kensington" and something like "tailored fit" also. I sized down to a medium and have just enough movement in my arms, though it is a bit tight in the shoulders/upper arm area. It may not be as versatile as the other colors, but it's now my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
              @Eric F: Wearing the new duds from yesterday's haul? Nice! I too had to rip off the price tag on the mac jacket I scored at BRF and wear it today. Sometimes the new-clothes bug bites hard, right?

BTW, those olive(?) jeans look great! Now I'm kinda regretting passing on the wheat ones I tried on yesterday. Ugh. LOL
              @yoyo, Thanks man. Yeah, I feel a bit like a kid on Christmas morning whenever I have some new stuff to rotate in with "the usual". I'm liking the look of that mac jacket - I /almost/ swung into BR factory yesterday after my Jcrew run, but I'm glad I ended up talking myself out of it. Hah.

@s_crane: I appreciate it. It's hard to walk that line, I think; I definitely don't feel like I manage it on a consistent basis. I've been at this for around a year and a half now and fit and colors are slooooowly coming together for me - lots of inspiration to be had in this thread.

Comment

A bit of denim on denim for you all:

Comment

@andrewlcraft: Diggin that Kensington fit on you, man. Looks great! I saw that one just last week at one of my local Targets, along with the (very light) grey one. These have never been in stock, in store, around these parts before. I grabbed the grey (and the khaki... *again* - LOL), as they are marked on sale at $30 now (that's what I got my navy one for, almost a year ago, I guess now), which is a GREAT price for these things.

They didn't have the pinstriped one in my size, so I never got to try it on to notice the difference in fit (slimness?). That would be great, as I feel that I am actually a Med+ in these things. My navy is a L, and it's a little loose, but I can't get into the M. They are also pretty inconsistent from one to the next. I tried on 3 different khaki ones in the store (all Large) and they all fit differently. Ugh. Didn't try on the grey until I got home (stupid), and it's gonna have to go back. Totally too big. Weird.

Anyway, I'll have to keep checking the other locations around here, as even though I'm not crazy about the pinstripe on that, it's not in your face, really, and the fit seems to be superior to the other Kensingtons, according to your review and the pic.

Nice one, man!

Comment

Spring is in the air everywhere i look around. Which means I dont know what socks are any longer, unless im on a basketball court.

Todays Stylings:

[img][/img]
                    Last edited by MaxMan; April 30, 2013, 10:50 AM.
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                      Spring is in the air everywhere i look around. Which means I dont know what socks are any longer, unless im on a basketball court.

Todays Stylings:

[img][/img]
                      Looking good man! Navy and gray combination's always a winner!

Comment

palette feels off. Working on my
                        Photography skill tho!

Comment

Max, looking good. Sweater weather sounds good. Jake, the green gingham is nice.

Trying out the app everybody's using.

JC Seersucker
                          Thrifted shirt
                          Tie Bar Tie
                          Thrifted Bostonian loafers

Comment

@BB, love that tie/seersucker combo.

---

Rainy day. Pants are more of a soft vanilla/cream color than wheat (wheat implies more greyish tones, don't you think?), so I was a bit tripped up putting an outfit together this morning.

Cardigan: Frank & Oak
                            Shirt: JCF
                            Pants: JCF
                            Shoes: Aston Grey (these are my "beat-em-ups", so they're on my feet whenever the weather is less than agreeable)
                            Watch: Orient

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

They didn't have the pinstriped one in my size, so I never got to try it on to notice the difference in fit (slimness?). That would be great, as I feel that I am actually a Med+ in these things. My navy is a L, and it's a little loose, but I can't get into the M. They are also pretty inconsistent from one to the next. I tried on 3 different khaki ones in the store (all Large) and they all fit differently. Ugh. Didn't try on the grey until I got home (stupid), and it's gonna have to go back. Totally too big. Weird.
                              Yeah, sizing is real inconsistent. My navy is large and fits close to perfect, gray is large and is too big in the body. Been thinking about the khaki, but I have a BR that's close to the same thing, just a bit long in the sleeve and functioning buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post

Todays Stylings:

[img][/img]
                                Digging the sockless look. Almost did it today, but its a bit too cloudy and chilly out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X