Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Eric F: Dig that Seiko! Especially on that leather slip-thru (NATO-ish) strap. Nice.

@Jake101: "Conservative weddings" ... "drank a bunch"... LOL - Did you sneak some juice into the receptions via your $200 copper flask?

@BB: Kingpin-ish? Maybe just a tad. I bet without the tie, you'd feel much better about it. Just don't go with a turquoise or fuschia tank top under that suit. You'd have to be a nut to try that look (quickly burns all old mid-'80s band gigs photo albums).

@farhad: Agreed - nice virginal WIWT shot. Err.... nice first post, bud. Looking sharp!

@taylorusafa16: Strong look and very clean fit, man! Pretty much a "this is how you do it" pic. Really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
      Thanks for the feedback -- what about this (ditched the tie and jacket at lunch)? I feel like navy shirt/off-white pants is just an inversion of the normal navy trouser white shirt, no?

BB, this looks good. A dark shirt with a light jacket just looks off to me. Keep in mind that this is all personal aesthetics, and rock your own style.

Comment

Robbo - I got that from one of those flash sites when it ran a sale on them. I think it cost me $100 instead of the usual $150. It's a lot to pay but it comes with a lifetime warranty so I figure if I'm only ever going to buy 1, might as well buy a nice 1. I wanted it ever since I saw it on brokeandbespoke.com.

Comment

Probably a little confusing here with my chance-of-rain prepped mac & suedes combo. Ah well, I was a little groggy this morning. *Was* - who am I kidding?

Mac: BRF
          Shirt: BR (thrifted)
          Belt: BR
          Chinos: BR
          Socks: Merona
          Shoes: J&M
          Watch: Orient
          Fragrance: D&G

Comment

I forgot to tell you - my wife calls you the cologne guy. She'll occasionally look over when I'm surfing and now she's like 'did the cologne guy post a picture this time'?

Comment

@yoyorobbo - HAHA i meant conservative in terms of dress (hence the charcoal suit and blue tie (in the morning, so no tux)) no 200$ flask, but definitely made use of my cheaper flask...

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I forgot to tell you - my wife calls you the cologne guy. She'll occasionally look over when I'm surfing and now she's like 'did the cologne guy post a picture this time'?
                Oh no...! I'm "the cologne guy?" LOL - I'm good with that. I just thought I'd add a little something different to my WIWT pics. Hope it doesn't get overbearing and you can actually smell me through the screen. I'd hate to be known as "Mr. Way Too Much Cologne Wearer":

Anyway, thanks for that, Vicious (and Mrs. Vicious). I needed a pick-me-up today. And that did it. Just feeling like the weekend ended way too soon. Ya'know?

Oh, and re:umbrella - lifetime warranty? Now *that's* cool.

Comment

@yoyo, Thanks re: the Seiko. It's a total beater watch for me now (I dropped it and chipped the face a couple months back) and the leather strap is just one of those Michael's leather cheapies that have been brought up on the board a few times (thanks to Redford who shipped one out to me).

@taylorusafa16, Great look and nice first post(?) If so, welcome!. Is that a JCP mini-gingham? Also, where's the jacket from?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post

@taylorusafa16, Great look and nice first post(?) If so, welcome!. Is that a JCP mini-gingham? Also, where's the jacket from?
                    Thank you gents, yes first post. I frequent other menswear forums but have been a daily reader of Dappered for sometime now.
                    Shirt is indochino, jacket is Banana Rep. The gingham is a mini red and blue. PS is thetiebar, and some wayfarers.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      BB, this looks good. A dark shirt with a light jacket just looks off to me. Keep in mind that this is all personal aesthetics, and rock your own style.
                      Sure, but if your personal style happens to be better than mine, please do tell me when I look awful!

Comment

Trying out some new shorts today. I think it might be a little too much going on. Sorry about the grainy pic.

Shirt: JCF
                        Shorts: JCF
                        Belt: JCF
                        Shoes: Pro-keds

Apparently, I shop at JCF too much.
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Shirt: JCF
                          Pants: JCF Vintage Slim
                          Shoes: Aston Grey
                          Watch: Orient

Apologies for the vertigo-inducing watch and shoe shots.

Comment

Okay, excuse the bad photos today. And the facial hair. I'm part-wookie.

I'm not sure if this polo works or not. It's a thrifted Brooks Brothers number, but is it Mad Men? Or Mad Grandpa?

http://i.imgur.com/hm0oojV.jpg
                            http://i.imgur.com/WbIn94x.jpg (Close up of my chin, and the pattern of the polo)

Comment

@Eric F: Wearing the new duds from yesterday's haul? Nice! I too had to rip off the price tag on the mac jacket I scored at BRF and wear it today. Sometimes the new-clothes bug bites hard, right?

BTW, those olive(?) jeans look great! Now I'm kinda regretting passing on the wheat ones I tried on yesterday. Ugh. LOL

@ncfranklin: "Mad Grandpa" is an awesome term! But thankfully (at least to me) that shirt is nowhere near the (generalized) grandpa zone. I think it looks pretty darn sweet, and it fits you great!

Comment

We all need to stop apologizing for our poor photographs. Lol we're all crappy photographers. Except for you cologne man. Not you.

Comment

Working...
                                X