X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 2 conservative weddings today. Wow I drank a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      Oh yeah. I picked up a pair of the summer weight chinos in that pale blue color. The waist runs kinda big, so I sized down and they are not baggy by any means. I have decent sized quads though (25"), so you may get a different result. I'll have to compare them to the slim GTH pants I recently bought from there.
      Yeah, the colors were great! They were fine through the thighs for me, but the seat was a bit baggy (maybe I should have sized down..) and the leg openings were wider than I prefer. Shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
        Yeah, the colors were great! They were fine through the thighs for me, but the seat was a bit baggy (maybe I should have sized down..) and the leg openings were wider than I prefer. Shrug.
        Yeah, it was kinda weird. When input them on the waistband was right against my waist, but when I turned to the profile I noticed a LOT of space at the waistband in the back. If you had a similar situation I imagine that would be the cause of the sagging seat. The leg opening could definitely be slimmer for sure though. I bought them at 50% off, so worst case scenario I'll have them tapered a bit, but I think they'll be fine as is. They are sooooo comfortable though. I'll be wearing them this week for sure as its in the mid-80s. I'll definitely try to post a pic of them in WIWT.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
          @farhad - the link to your pic isn't working.
          How about this one?

http://tinypic.com/r/54f72w/5

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            @farhad - the link to your pic isn't working.
            How about this one?

*Fixed by your friendly neighborhood moderator.
            Last edited by bruschetta; April 29, 2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

Farhad, looking good. Fit is excellent from what I can see. Those Havilands are nice!
              Thanks BB! I got them for cheap from someone on Styleforum.

Comment

. - pants are a lighter navy then the picture. Changed from the strands to some beater shoes as its raining.
                Last edited by Jake101; April 29, 2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Jake, I'm impressed you're out of bed today, much less in a tie.

Too "Miami drug kingpin"? I think I will ditch the tie.

I tried tying a Nicky knot and a Kelvin, but these skinny ties just make tiny knots. This is a Nicky. I tried bigger knots and the tie is too slim to cover the knot!

Comment

BB, that shirt does not fit with the rest of the outfit. I also strongly dislike the tie.

farhad, that is a good first WIWT post. Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      BB, that shirt does not fit with the rest of the outfit. I also strongly dislike the tie.
                      Agreed. The darker shirt with the light jacket is pretty hard to pull off. The tie makes the outfit seem too blue-on-blue-on-blue.
                      Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Haha I'm surprised as well. Nuff said.

Comment

@LesserBlackDog: I see you are a man of unique belts throughout all seasons. That's cool, BTW. Nice personal touches to your own look. I could never pull off that big silversmith buckle that you have, but I might be able to go the bright yellow web/nylon/whatever STP one. Dunno. Certainly Springy, though.

@Eric F and MarkB: I had high hopes for those JCF Summer-weight chinos. However, in-store trying them on, I too found them to not be as fitted/slim as I had hoped. I didn't try sizing down, as they were pretty much smack-on in the waist for me. Ah well. Enjoy them if they worked for you. Great deal at that price!

Originally posted by RMac View Post
                          @yoyo: I'm in the process of moving to a bigger city and cannot wait to have access to real thrift stores. You should tell people you had a rich (and always impeccably dressed) friend named John David Hamilton who was quite fond of hunting. On his last trip through the Rockies, a grizzly tore him to shreds. He left all of his shirts to you in his will. Jolly good show!
                          LOL!!! I like it. Would his monogram indicate if he was JDH "the thrid?" I'd like to make him even more legendary-sounding, if that's even possible. Would it need to read JDH III? If so, then I guess I'll just stick with him just being my belated boring bear-wrestling bud. Thanks for the tall-tale idea.

@Acoustic: Long live the King of thrifting!

@MattSasco: Yes, gratz on school and best wishes with the move back. I sure hope the move home and the change of weather(?) don't put too much of a damper on your dapperness; or your scenic backgrounds - those always make your pics even more interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback -- what about this (ditched the tie and jacket at lunch)? I feel like navy shirt/off-white pants is just an inversion of the normal navy trouser white shirt, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                              Was raining out today so I finally got to use my new Davek umbrella.

Lesser: Did you win that umbrella in a Dappered contest or something? Wow! Nice one, bud.

I need to pick up a new one - my 23 year-old Claiborne full-size automatic one (freebie gift with some cologne back in the early '90s - LOL) finally bit the dust last week. Actually not bad for that long of a run, eh? That sucker opened up somethin' fierce! Like it was its job! Oh yeah, I guess it sorta was its job. Ah well.

Anyway, it just bent a little bit last week, so it's actually fixable, but I'll likely just grab a Totes gentleman's one (like Joe posts about on the main site), or maybe even the cheaper manual Totes one at Target. It looks just like the "gentleman's" one, minus the push-button auto-open feature. All of that said, I bet you won't lose that one you have there, eh? Funny how one keeps better track of something that is... well... *nicer*. Stay dry, slick!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X