• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Here you go, ya vultures.

That's awesome.

Comment

I really like that shirt. Those are some nice thrift finds yoyo!

Comment

I love that the mustache is Dali and the goatee is an upside down Bert (or Ernie?)

Comment

Is that a young Colonel Sanders? All you're missing is the seersucker suit.
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

editing tool was fritzing out today pretty simple today.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
              They're landsend Fulton - bit pricey, but welted, and on sale
              Re he he heally....

Yeah they are 40% off right now...

How is the quality? Do they run TTS?
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                I'm kinda surprised. Seems like I've seen some from you before, but maybe just dialogue on other posts. Regardless... welcome to WIWT!

I'm diggin that *splash* of green with the belt. Not something I would've thought to try. Even saying sounds weird to me, but looking at it... it works, man!
                I post regularly and in here as well but this is my first actual posting of myself.

Thank you gents. When I wear something super simple like a oxford and jeans I usually add a pop of color in the belt like that one. I also have a few polo d-ring belts that are colored stripes, they work well too. Often I'll exchange the desert boots with this look for my tasseled loafers. It's more obnoxious prep but I love it.

Comment

I totally agree regarding the belt. It adds more I would have thought it would. Is it green all the way around, or just at the front?
                  Thank you sir!

It's an all green woven Merona belt from last spring. I think I paid something like $10 (maybe) for it. With the right simple outfit it looks great. I also really love it with just a plain white oxford and darker denim. It's just the right amount of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                    Re he he heally....

Yeah they are 40% off right now...

How is the quality? Do they run TTS?
                    Only had them a couple days, but I'm pretty happy with them, I actually have to size a half size down, because they were too big for my normally 12d foot. But the 11 1/2 fit well

Comment

+1 to Vicious with a pocket square! Nice jacket, too!

@yoyo, I like that BR herringbone on you. I had to return mine; I felt it looked a bit too boxy on my frame, but it fits you well.
                      @fey, awesome bag/socks/shoes combo. It's the "subtle" details that make the outfit, right?

---

Gorgeous today in So-Cal. Button up tucked into shorts, thoughts? Too much of a mixed vibe with the casualness of shorts? Loafers are a Macy's branded placeholder until my burgundy Weejuns come in.

Shirt: Nordstrom 1901
                      Shorts: GAP
                      Bag: Jack Spade
                      Shoes: Macy's
                      Last edited by Eric F; April 26, 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

@Eric - I do button-down + shorts all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          @_original_ You got the Foodie thing goin' on there, bud! BTW, that's a *good* thing. (See AcousticFoodie's post right after yours.)
                          I was thinking the exact same thing! The light goatee/beard + trucker jacket did it for me. Haha.

Comment

Really didn't do much of anything today. Just running errands.

Shirt: One Star slub Henley
                            Belt: JCF
                            Shorts: BR
                            Watch: Weekender
                            Shoes: Pro-Keds
                            Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                              Only had them a couple days, but I'm pretty happy with them, I actually have to size a half size down, because they were too big for my normally 12d foot. But the 11 1/2 fit well
                              Thanks for the info. I am sufficiently intrigued. I have been searching for a more modern/higher vamp penny for some time now and just haven't been able to find something I really like for around $100. The classic weejun style looks weird on my stubby wide foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                                Thanks for the info. I am sufficiently intrigued. I have been searching for a more modern/higher vamp penny for some time now and just haven't been able to find something I really like for around $100. The classic weejun style looks weird on my stubby wide foot.
                                Yeah, give these a try, they're free returns at sears and they don't stretch like most of my other loafers with my flank-steak feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X