Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@BB - Excellent combination! Damn I need to get myself a shirt like that! Is it one of the casual ones from Hilfiger, with the logo on the chest or one of the dressier ones?

Some quick WIWTs:

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Same.
      Sorry guys, I'll repost!

Comment

Comment

The weave of the trousers is very nice AENYC! Do you wear a jacket with that ensemble as well? To me some top layer is missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
            The weave of the trousers is very nice AENYC! Do you wear a jacket with that ensemble as well? To me some top layer is missing...
            Thanks Matt! Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have one sport coat and one blazer at the moment, but it's getting to warm for the sport coat (a Bar III wool/poly blend with a bit of a flanneled look to it). I'm in need of a jacket to wear with my navy pants...

I agree the outfit would be better with a jacket, but I find at least wearing a tie 'ups' the look a bit over the open collar dress shirt look. I generally only go sans tie if I'm wearing a jacket or a sweater. Otherwise I'm in a tie/jacket or just tie.

Comment

Thanks for the answer! True, warm weather can be a bummer for dressing up, I'm about to find out when I'm going to India for an internship in July, to look put together but also breezy, tough. However, I feel that a tie without anything on top can look somewhat unfinished, maybe try a tie clip? Or a lightweight unlined sport coat? Check out this article for some tips: http://putthison.com/post/2963568029...-tie-without-a I'd wear an oatmeal or khaki color with those pants, but an ivory or grey one would work as well, maybe seersucker?

Comment

@BB: Peacocking? Not like some pics I've seen online. Never really see those crazy combos like the ones I'm talking about in person. But I'd say your getup is pretty sweet. Not overdone at all. Works great! And that bag is killer for sure. The shoes too. Plus, seersucker? - you're set for a Derby party now too, right? Got a cool hat (maybe a porkpie or a trilby) to throw into the mix? Serious.

Also really dig your light blue jacket ensemble. I think all of those pieces work great together. The knit tie really *ties* (sorry) it all together, IMO. Solid!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment - but "head of hospitality?" Nawwww... just wanted to put my spin on what I think is taking things a little far when critiquing a persons personal choice of outfit. We are not all in the same boat - financially, stylistically, or educationally (in regards to fit/style/fashion/etc). I think that negative comments *can* be very crucial to improving a persons style - but there are sometimes better ways to phrase things. I'm certainly not perfect in that regard either; but seeing how it was andrew's virginal WIWT deflowering (see? not always perfect - LOL), I felt inclined to make my point. Again, thanks for the kind words. This is a GREAT community, and good constructive feedback (be it positive or negative) is crucial to helping each other out here. I-M-O.

@LukeDuke: For sure man, that watch is niiiiiiiiice! I'm a sucker for Swiss Army goods, and that one is sweet! Love the boots as well. Brooks Brothers, eh? I'll have to keep that in mind. Any more deets on the jeans? I'm presently looking for a possible replacement in my wardrobe for my usual 501/514 options. I tried some JCF vintage straight (or whatever), but not totally sold on the fit for me yet. I just might need to jump up the ladder straight to JC itself. What fit are those on you, if you know?

@MarkB: That belt really does jump out at ya... in a good way. Spices up the casualness of the outfit, IMO. That watch is the bomb, of course, too.

@Matt: Dude, you have some really cool scenic shots for your WIWT posts. Very cool! I particularly like the middle one where you are standing next to the stone/cement/? breaker wall (or whatever it's called). Great composition, both photographic and stylistic. You layer with the best, bud. Lots to be learned there for me from you and your outfits, no question.

@AENYC: Like Matt said, those pants have a really cool pattern/weave going on. Dig it!

Comment

Well, it went ahead and got all chilly around here again today. Buhhh-mmmer. On the positive side, just another good reason to throw on a blazer.

Blazer: BR cotton
                  Shirt: LE OCBD
                  Belt: BR leather
                  Pants: BR cords
                  Socks: Target Mossimo
                  Shoes: J&M Headley
                  Watch: Orient Vintage
                  Pocket square: Nicole Miller
                  Fragrance: Lacoste Style In Play

Comment

Robbo - Great fit on that blazer. I wore mine once but ended up returning it when I got the grey cotton/linen one from BR. I'll get a chance to wear it next week when it's a bit cooler.

AENYC - I like the pants.

BB - Good tie/shirt combo. I really like that shirt.

Comment

@LukeDuke: For sure man, that watch is niiiiiiiiice! I'm a sucker for Swiss Army goods, and that one is sweet! Love the boots as well. Brooks Brothers, eh? I'll have to keep that in mind. Any more deets on the jeans? I'm presently looking for a possible replacement in my wardrobe for my usual 501/514 options. I tried some JCF vintage straight (or whatever), but not totally sold on the fit for me yet. I just might need to jump up the ladder straight to JC itself. What fit are those on you, if you know?
                      Thanks for the comments, yoyorobbo. The jeans I'm wearing today are the JCrew selvedge vintage slim (now called slim-straight) in resin crinkle wash from last year. These are pretty pricey at full retail ($155) but they are nice, heavyweight Japanese denim and they fit me perfectly. I recently got a pair of the same jeans in the medium worn wash to wear in the Spring/Summer and the fit a bit more snug (probably due to the extra washing), but still the same excellent quality denim.

Comment

@yoyo--Thanks. I wasn't really sure what belt to wear with linen sneakers, so I gave it a shot. It's covered by my shirt most times anyway, so I figured what the heck. That watch was also a gift from my wife (before she was my wife) about 5-6 years ago.

I've seen that blazer in store, it fit well and liked it, I just couldn't picture how I'd wear it. I think up close the herringbone kinda threw me, but in the pictures it looks like a nice mid-grey. Anyhow, I'm liking that look you've got going there and I think you have convinced me that I need to pick it up.
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

MarkB, I'm really liking those Pro-Keds...are those like an off-white color? Look comfy as heck, too.

Comment

Matt Sasco, there's no logo on it. Found it and a blue gingham at the same place. I also saw them littering the Marshall's nearby, so I imagine (sometimes I try to deduce how the clothing got into the thrift store) that a girlfriend got them for her boyfriend at the Marshall's, who thought they were too dressy and then took them straight to Salvation Army.

It's a lot like this shirt: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/t...7C-%7CjHUjy6OE

I like your layering, by the way -- the outfit in the middle picture is great.

Yoyorobbo, nice. I like the OCBD-jacket combination.

Comment

Just went crazy on this br sale with no exclusions, got two suits and this awesome
                              Blazer

Comment

@luke--Yeah, theyre really light beige. They were labeled as "natural linen," which I thought was just the color. It turns out that the shoe is actually linen which is cool. As far as comfort, I would put them near the top as far as canvas sneakers go. Plus, they have a removable insole so you could change it out for more comfort/arch support if you want, which most others don't have. I scored them off eBay for $30 shipped. They're the royal cvo low model. I also have the 69er lo which I like and got for $28 shipped last summer.
                                Last edited by MarkB; April 19, 2013, 05:41 PM.
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X