Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@yoyo My feet are flat as boards. It probably goes without saying that loafers can be a challenge to fit, which is why I've stuck to boat shoes up to this point.

Thanks for info about BR and DSW. I might give those a shot, though I'm seriously digging TBNY's Parke penny loafers, which look pretty close to yours. And now that I know the retail price doesn't mean they're always in the wife-wouldn't-forgive-me range... guess I'll just have to sales stalk.

Unrelated, but what strap did you put on the Orient? I've got a dressy little KC that I'd like to put a thin-ish croc band on, and yours looks pretty trim in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
      @yoyo My feet are flat as boards.
      Boards? Lucky! Mine are more like rockers. No, not like AC/DC or Zeppelin; but like the curved bands on a rocking chair. OK, that's probably exaggerating a tad, but truly I have never seen any flatter than mine. Sucks, dunnit?

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
      Unrelated, but what strap did you put on the Orient? I've got a dressy little KC that I'd like to put a thin-ish croc band on, and yours looks pretty trim in the photo.
      It's actually the stock strap on my Vintage. It's a VERY dark brown, with hints of burgundy, at least to my eyes. It is also coupled to a deployant clasp, which I absolutely love. What size is your KC? You could certainly order a similar setup from one of the popular online watch dealers/sites. I got the watch from Island Watch.

Here's a few quicklinks for their straps/clasps/stuff:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Hirsc...nds_s/1888.htm
      http://www.longislandwatch.com/Watch_Bands_s/1852.htm
      http://www.longislandwatch.com/category_s/1853.htm

Alternatively, maybe check out a local shop (Kohl's, Target, heck even Walmart), in their jewelry sections. I have picked up replacement leather straps at very good prices from those places before.

Comment

Originally posted by kai View Post
        @yoyorobbo Thanks for the in-depth opinion on the watch! I think you've swayed me on the Bulova but I might still pick up one of those Skagens down the line.
        Of course, man! No problem. Another option, just to muddy things up a bit, might be this similar-looking offering from Orient:

Kinda-sorta a mix of the two (Bulova + Skagen)? Nice price ($85) from Island Watch on that one right now:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Orien...p/ug1r003w.htm

I don't have any personal experience with that one, but my Orient Vintage is rock-solid - probably my favorite timepiece ATM - and many, many folks here at Dappered rave about their products. Regardless, whichever you choose, wear it in good (and dapper) health!

Comment

I usually order straps from http://fredawatchstraps.com/ , especially if it's a Hirsch strap. I just ordered a Hirsch Grand Duke for my Orient Millennium. I'll try and post pics later.

Comment

Here is my first WIWT post. I am just enjoying the day off, my girlfriend actually bought me a massage today. Let me know what you think:

shirt: Blank Label
            sport coat: Howard Yount
            pants: Banana Republic
            watch: Orient
            loafers: Zara
            belt: J. Crew Factory
            pocket square: Tie Bar
            Last edited by printyra; April 16, 2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the strap ideas, yoyo and Vicious. I'll get to hunting.

Comment

Pryintyra - It's not really my style since those colors are too bright/pastel for what I'd wear.

Was in a rush so decided to wear this shirt that my mother in law had given me as a gift. It fits well but I normally wouldn't buy it myself because Express likes putting their logo on there. Took my watch pic at a different angle so you can see the new strap I got for my Orient.

Last edited by Vicious49; April 16, 2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

@Vicious, that polo fits perfectly.

Comment

Lots of good looks in the past couple weeks, fellas. It has been a long time since I have contributed. Grad school and such. Here are a couple basic casual looks. Forgive the weird colors in a couple of them.

Sweater: Club room or some Macy's house brand cashmere
                    Shirt: Custom made in Korea
                    Pants: LEC - really been loving these pants
                    Watch: Orient

Here are the same pants with shoes from the day. Colors are off. Shoes are more burgundy, pants are much more like the shot above.

Socks: Banana Republic
                    Shoes: Shell Cordovan longwings - ebay

Another day. This is the last clothing item I own with the Express logo, but I love this sweater. Actually quite nice lambs wool.

Sweater: Express
                    Shirt: Neiman Marcus
                    Tie: Thetiebar
                    Pants: J Crew - purchased from thrifter

Pants with shoes - again, colors are off.

Pants: J Crew
                    Shoes: Ciro Ledini chelseas
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I had a presentation this morning and my student organization was a finalist for an award tonight. Kept it kinda conservative because we were meeting the president of my university and other deans, faculty, etc. And yes I had my tie tightened up, this picture is after 13 hours of wear.

Suit: JCF Thompson
                      Shirt: JCF
                      Tie: You guessed it, JCF
                      PS: The Tie Bar
                      Socks: BR
                      Shoes: AE
                      Watch: Rolex (a wedding gift from the Mrs.)

I would also like to thank the fine members of this board and can't say enough how glad I am to have found both dappered and the forums. There were many train-wrecks in attendance tonight, and I would have likely been one too without this site. I received many compliments today from men and women, both older and younger. I even had one guy ask me for advice. I sent him here. So, thanks again to everyone who posts on these forums.
                      Last edited by MarkB; April 16, 2013, 11:32 PM.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post

Pants: J Crew
                        Shoes: Ciro Ledini chelseas
                        I really like this. I wish that I could justify suede shoes in a city where it rains 350 days out of the year. Which J. Crew pants are those?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          @Vicious, that polo fits perfectly.
                          Couldn't agree more.

@greg_s--I have a top coat from LEC that looks alot like those LEC pants, which I really like as well. I can't wait until I move and have an actual spring and fall season to wear some different fabrics.
                          Last edited by MarkB; April 17, 2013, 12:03 AM.
                          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@MarkB: Gorgeous watch, bud. I was jonesin' on a similar model (blue dial and smooth bezel instead, but with the roman numeral markers) in a hometown family jeweler's (family jewels? - hmnn...) showcase a while back. It was preowned, but it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Not quite ready to drop that kinda dough on a watch, but that one is spectacular.

Great outfit all-around. Classy. And glad to hear that others noticed, as well as spoke up to you about it. And of course great that you, becoming their new guru also sent them this a'way. Coolness in every way.

@greg_s: Super-clean casual getups, man. Nice! Dig the pants especially.

Comment

@printyra: For me, personally, the pants are a bit too equally loud as the jacket. Both items are cool, but I think they might look better separately, with a more subdued pairing each. That's just me, though. It sounds like you were set up for a great day, and you look very comfortable and confident in the ensemble; that's what really counts.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                I really like this. I wish that I could justify suede shoes in a city where it rains 350 days out of the year. Which J. Crew pants are those?
                                Thanks fellas. Bruschetta, I am not sure what pants they are as I purchased them from one of our former resident thrifters. They are wool and say they are made of Italian fabric. They are easily the nicest wool pants I own. Half-lined, very comfortable. Miles above the wool ones I have from J Crew Factory. Strangely enough, however, the quality of the LEC ones I posted in the same set of pictures are closer in quality than the JCF.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X