Clear All

Sun's coming out a bit.

Gap Herringbone Blazer

Bonobos Chinos

BR Shirt

Merona Tie

Merona Pocket Square

Allen Edmonds Strand

Oh ad welcome Jeff! Congrats on being an LT! I'm sure the corps has taught you more about the proper fit that you can school a lot of us!

Comment

Hi Jeff! Nice to see you around. I think your first look is a good one - I personally don't mind v-neck sweaters with t-shirts if the t-shirt isn't white, but I know there's some disagreement here about that. Your uniform pants look like they're a little long, but you might just be wearing them a bit low. Traditional dress uniform trousers are designed to be worn hiked up pretty high around your waist, so you might try pulling them up a bit and seeing if it makes any difference.

@ Foodie - A very traditional look with the dark blazer/light pants, but you pull it off well. The plaid tie and the pocket square help to keep it from being boring.

Ben

Comment

It's been a while since I posted a WIWT pic so here we go. Casual Saturday so nothing fancy (except the shoes). I had class this morning, but that's it. My collar stood higher this morning, but fell over the course of the day.

From bottom to top:

Shoes: AE Bagley

Jeans: Banana Republic

Shirt: Banana Republic

Sweater: LEC Men's Button-neck Cable Sweater (http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-b...228801_-1.html)

Jacket: English Laundry

SIDE NOTE: It looks like maybe I found a room in the house that doesn't suck for self-portraits.

Comment

Nice Casual look there Alan. I have never heard of Allen Edmonds' bagley model before. Looks very interesting.

Comment

Thanks, acoustic. I've been dressing up a lot more lately between work and grad school, but I haven't been giving my casual wardrobe enough attention.

As for the AE's... The Bagleys are a retired model. I found them on ebay recently in fantastic condition (better than the listing's pictures seemed to show). I called the AE outlet store to learn more about them, and apparently they've been discontinued for a number of years, and there is nothing similar in the current lineup. No single part of them is unusual, but they're certainly unusual when you put them all together in the same shoe.

I posted some weak attempts at close-ups in the ebay shoe thread if you're curious. Otherwise, there are clearer pics of the Bagley here (though mine are "chili" instead of black):

http://www.styleforum.net/t/131123/s...d-vibram-soles

Comment

Doing that obnoxious thing where people wear ties and waistcoats without tucking in their shirt....

Actually I was just wearing the shirt on its own until I thrifted the tie and waistcoat today. Shirt's too short to tuck. Just showing off new stuff.

Shirt: H&M (thrifted - one of my first ever thrifted things several years ago)

Tie: Land's End (thrifted)

Waistcoat: Botany 500 (thrifted)

Jeans: Levi's 514

Shoes: Johnston & Murphy

Watch: Stocker & Yale

Ben

Comment

good find there on the waist coat ben! I swear...you ppl on diapered always find the best stuff at thrifts some how...

Comment

Diapered? Hope not! ;-)

Ben

Comment

Pendleton blackwatch sportcoat - thrifted

Brooks Brothers trad tennis sweater - bought for cheap from a thrifter on SF

Brooks Brothers tie - thrifted

Charles Tyrwhitt pale blue shirt - traded with a guy from SF

Banana Republic brown herringbone pants - thrifted

Brown argyle socks - Target

Loake brown suede penny loafers - eBay

Comment

JC, I am super jelly of that Black Watch sport coat. Me want!

Playing with patterns....

Shirt: J.Crew Factory tattersall

Tie: Dior stripe (thrifted)

Vest: Botany 500 glen plaid (thrifted)

Not shown: Levi's 514 jeans, Chippewa boots

Ben

Comment

Ah, Seems like we are both sporting waistcoats today BenR

BR shirt

Bonobos Chinos

Thrifted tie

Some random Waistcoat

Frye WingTips

Comment

I can't pull off the vest, but I think it looks good on other people.

Comment

I have a presentation in class today. It's sort of formal, but not really. So I sort of dressed up, but not really.

Top:

Jacket: Hickey Freeman (thrifted) - navy/black diamond pattern

Shirt: Roundtree & York pinpoint button-down collar

Tie: Brooks Brothers navy/grey wool (found at Marshalls for $12)

Bottom:

Pants: Banana Republic micro houndstooth

Shoes: Daniel Cremieux "chili-ish" split-toe oxfords

First off... Yes, the pants need to be hemmed. :-) They're just folded up right now. if they look high, it's because I'm sitting. The baginess is an optical illusion.

As for the shoes, they're the ONLY pair I kept with my recent wardrobe overhaul. I've had them for 7 years, and they're still going strong with zero care of any kind - not even shoe trees. They're marked as "Made in E.C." which apparently indicates that they were made somewhere in the European Union (though it doesn't specify which country). I've gone through 4 pairs of Kenneth Coles since I bought these. They need a professional clean and polish (first ever), but they're structurally as good as they were the second day on the job. If I'd only known 7 years ago how well these things would stand up, I'd have bought a second pair of Cremieux's in a different style (since Cremieux doesn't make shoes anymore). I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging. I'm just proud of my "little shoes that could". :-)

Comment

@Alan, Very professional looking there. One day someone may ask you "What's a European Union?" Your shoes could have historical meaning!

Comment

BR shirt

Thrifted Tie

Bonobos Chinos

GAP blazer

Allen Edmonds Strand

Merona Pocket Square

Very fortunate to have posted today, Otherwise I might not have realized my tie needed some steaming!

Comment

Working...
                                X