Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred - That particular one is a quartz. I've owned one of their more expensive autos in the past (C9 Jump Hour) and it was extremely accurate for a non-COSC watch. It was fast by about 3 seconds a day. Their CS is incredible and I don't know any other company that would do a 60 day return guarantee like they do.

Comment

Ignore the fact that my glasses are halfway down my face.

Jacket: Guess
      Shirts: A&F
      Vneck: BR
      Jeans: Express (my newest weapon; they're a pale coral - surprisingly versatile with blues and greens in virtually all shades)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post

Ignore the fact that my glasses are halfway down my face.

Jacket: Guess
        Shirts: A&F
        Vneck: BR
        Jeans: Express (my newest weapon; they're a pale coral - surprisingly versatile with blues and greens in virtually all shades)
        Mikey, well done with the risk taker jeans!
        "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

@yoyorobbo Thanks for the in-depth opinion on the watch! I think you've swayed me on the Bulova but I might still pick up one of those Skagens down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
            @yoyo - like that quilted vest a lot, shirt is nice as well.
            Thanks, Matt. And your new jean jacket looks really good, man! Casual, yet still very stylish - especially so dark and fresh. The arms *might* be a little billowy, but really seeing how it's a casual jacket, I think it looks *just* fine as is, bud. Either way - your call for sure. What about that brand? *Next*? Not sure I know that one. Is it a European one? I guess I could google it, but figured you might have some personal insight to share.

@bjmcgeever: Love that knit tie. I bet it looks nice with the shoes you listed too. I love burgundy/merlot/cordovan/whatever hued footwear.

@JoeG: Agreed, the shirt looks really nice. Great Spring color. Lilac?

@Vicious: That CW watch *is* killer, man. I really like all of your timepieces; at least what I've seen in your WIWT pics. Nice!

@Mikey: Awesome color! *You* certainly can rock that look. Looks great, man! I'm always afraid if I can pull off pants that *colorful*. I'm about to find out, though. LOL - Snagged some reddish-orangeish chinos marked wayyyyyy down at a local Marshalls. The fact that they were button-fly sold them on me. LOL - I wish more pants were button-fly. I think my wife is gonna do a double-take when I first wear them. Not sure she's gonna dig 'em on me, but what the heck - they were only $11. Heck, I spent more than that on lunch yesterday.

@kai: No problem, man. The Bulova is a really nice watch, especially for that low of dough. I really hope you like it!

Comment

Probably should've went with a lighter (or darker) shirt for some better contrast, but whatevs. Here 'tis I today:

Blazer: BR cotton
              Shirt: Original Penguin OCBD
              Belt: BR leather
              Pants: BR cotton
              Socks: Gold Toe Auro
              Shoes: TBNY Quinton(?)
              Watch: Orient Vintage
              Fragrance: Bond No.9 New Haarlem

Oops... looks like I forgot my pocket-square on the dresser top. Doh!

Comment

My lighter blazers are at the tailors right now so keeping it simple again. Got a new strap for my Orient and decided to try out the AE Prestons I recently acquired off Ebay. The pants could probably be hemmed a tad but I don't like them enough to worry about it. Don't own any pink socks so I went with something that would blend in with the pants.

shirt - Uniqlo
                pants - BR
                watch - Orient
                shoes - AE
                Last edited by Vicious49; April 15, 2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

This is a perfectly wretched photograph, but here goes.

J.Crew blazer (charcoal herringbone), thrifted vest, LEC OCBD, Robert Talbott tie, Auclair gloves, JCF trousers (navy chino), Florsheim longwings.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    Probably should've went with a lighter (or darker) shirt for some better contrast, but whatevs. Here 'tis I today:

Blazer: BR cotton
                    Shirt: Original Penguin OCBD
                    Belt: BR leather
                    Pants: BR cotton
                    Socks: Gold Toe Auro
                    Shoes: TBNY Quinton(?)
                    Watch: Orient Vintage
                    Fragrance: Bond No.9 New Haarlem

Oops... looks like I forgot my pocket-square on the dresser top. Doh!
                    I can almost smell the fragrance through the picture! Looks good though, dig those shoes

Comment

Here is mine (long story as to why I have such professional shots today )

Shirt: Ratio Clothing
                      Sweater: BR
                      Jacket: Old Navy (fits me a tad weirdly methinks)
                      Pants: BR Slim
                      Shoes: Joesph Abboud (from DSW, $50 — love them)
                      Last edited by DK; April 15, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                        I can almost smell the fragrance through the picture! Looks good though, dig those shoes
                        LOL! Yeah, New Haarlem is a BEASTLY one, for sure. One spray and done, or you'll be smelling like the Waffle House all day. Actually, that's not so bad, is it? OK, two sprays. Now done!

re: the shoes - Thanks. I really like 'em. Dress(ier) loafers can be tricky for me. These seem to work well with my insanely-flat feet. Again, thanks for the comment, bud. Plus, they match my watch strap. MUUUHHHAAAA...!!!

Comment

@yoyo What are those TBNY Quintons? I've never seen that acronym before, but I'm intrigued by the idea of a ("really, really ridiculously good-looking") loafer that works with flat feet.

Comment

Ne'ermind. Finally managed a productive Google query. Carry on.

Comment

Whoa, looks like loafer fever is starting to hit the boards!

@devirkahan: Great fit on those pants. A bit slimmer than I could ever pull off, but I'm sure the silhouette is great. I like the jacket; maybe it feels a bit bulky with the sweater/shirt combo underneath?

Long time no post for me. Just celebrated the girlfriend's birthday yesterday with some wine tasting in the valley and a night out on the town. Apologies for the quality of the photos; I only seem to ever remember to snap pictures in restaurant bathrooms, so I often avoid posting if they're overly grainy/distorted. Hopefully these aren't terrible. Check out that awesome infinity mirror effect! In hindsight the outfit could have probably benefited from a tie. I've been getting a bit bored of the jacket/unbuttoned collar look recently, so it's probably high time to mix it up a bit.

Shirt: BR
                              Jacket: JCF
                              Pants: 514
                              Shoes: AE
                              Watch: Orient

Comment

@Angus: LOL! Yeah, late-night google-fu can yield some interesting results. I feel ya.

And as you undoubtably have surmised, TBNY is To Boot New York. I *think* these are the Quintons. I don't think they carry them any longer, but there are a couple very similar models in their lineup. One is called the Senato, or something. I don't personally like the toe shape and design of that one as much compared to mine, but it's not bad either.

Banana Republic and DSW (Aston Grey or whatever house brand?) have a loafer that is cut very closely to it too. Not sure about the quality on those, but they *seem* to be pretty nice.

Whatever you do, if you go looking for some TBNYs, do *not* pay retail (MSRP) for them. They can be found much, much cheaper at places like Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off 5th (or whatever Saks discount shop is named); probably elsewhere online too.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the comment on the shoes themselves. I really like them, especially because they fit my dorky feet so damn good. You have flat feet too, I take it?
                                Last edited by yoyorobbo; April 16, 2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X