Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shomas, i saw that you topy your shoes in nyc for $20 in a different thread. can i ask who do you use?

Comment

@ MaxMan - Thanks for the compliment. I too am a huge fan of my belt buckle, myself. You've got a lot going on in your 'fit but I think all the olive green works together because it's a neutral... and the jacket pulls it all together.
      @ MarkB - I have a couple of those one-button henleys and I like them a lot, in part because they are a bit different from the typical henley.
      @ Acoustic - Looking good as usual, though something strikes me as a bit weird with the buttoning of that cardigan. I think it's the way the bottom, unbuttoned part pulls away so dramatically. I wonder what it would look like with the bottom 3 buttons undone, instead of just the bottom 2?
      @ Shomas - Like a boss, as always.
      Ben

Comment

Another simple one today.

Shirt: JCF
        Pants: GAP slim selvedge
        Shoe: Clark's
        Watch: Citizen
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
          shomas, i saw that you topy your shoes in nyc for $20 in a different thread. can i ask who do you use?
          I don't know the name but he's downstairs in 600 5th ave. the building is on 5th and 48th, but the entrance is on 48th and it all connects to Rockefeller Ctr.

I should revise that to $30 - turns out the $20 was the price when he was also resoling the shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
            Another simple one today.

Shirt: JCF
            Pants: GAP slim selvedge
            Shoe: Clark's
            Watch: Citizen
            That's a nice shirt-jean-shoe combo.
            6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
              I don't know the name but he's downstairs in 600 5th ave. the building is on 5th and 48th, but the entrance is on 48th and it all connects to Rockefeller Ctr.

I should revise that to $30 - turns out the $20 was the price when he was also resoling the shoes.
              ahh i've seen that place. bummer though, i was hoping to save that $10

Comment

@MaxMan: Dig those skully socks! Target, right? - I've been tempted to grab a few of those crazy patterned ones, but always seem to stick with stripes or argyle with their brands. Maybe I should loosen-up a bit, eh? LOL

It's back to damn-chilly *and* wet around here (MI), so layered up the raincoat/field-jacket hybrid with this vest from JCF's recent 50% off sale. Gotz'ta stay warm! Almost rethought the black shoe choice too, as it seemed a little stark of a contrast against the lighter grey chinos, but I figured with the black vest, black belt and the b&w gingham, it might be OK. Whadd'ya think?

Vest: JCF quilted
                Shirt: BR soft-wash
                Belt: BR leather
                Chinos: Dockers modern khaki
                Socks: Target Mossimo
                Shoes: Stafford Ashford
                Watch: Bulova 96B104
                Fragrance: Creed Green Irish Tweed (get here Spring - GET HERE!)

Comment

@Shomas: Fantastic tie! Lookin sharp
                  @MarkB: whoo hoo more casuals on WIWT!
                  @yoyo: wow those stafford ashfords have such a nice sleek last.

Nice sunny day today:

Bonobos Shirt
                  Vans cardigan
                  Jcrew Chinos
                  AE Strands

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post

Nice sunny day today:

Bonobos Shirt
                    Vans cardigan
                    Jcrew Chinos
                    AE Strands
                    I really like that shirt. I'm such a sucker for a patterned/plaid shirt. I can't justify the cost of Bonobos though, my kids gotta eat, ya know.

And as a student, I'm all about the casual. I just don't get to layer up my casual looks much. It's been in the mid 80's for a while already, jeans are almost too much at this point.
                    Last edited by MarkB; April 12, 2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      @MaxMan: Dig those skully socks! Target, right? - I've been tempted to grab a few of those crazy patterned ones, but always seem to stick with stripes or argyle with their brands. Maybe I should loosen-up a bit, eh? LOL

It's back to damn-chilly *and* wet around here (MI), so layered up the raincoat/field-jacket hybrid with this vest from JCF's recent 50% off sale. Gotz'ta stay warm! Almost rethought the black shoe choice too, as it seemed a little stark of a contrast against the lighter grey chinos, but I figured with the black vest, black belt and the b&w gingham, it might be OK. Whadd'ya think?

Vest: JCF quilted
                      Shirt: BR soft-wash
                      Belt: BR leather
                      Chinos: Dockers modern khaki
                      Socks: Target Mossimo
                      Shoes: Stafford Ashford
                      Watch: Bulova 96B104
                      Fragrance: Creed Green Irish Tweed (get here Spring - GET HERE!)
                      I would think this would be one of those times when a black shoe would be preferred over brown. I really need to grab a pair of casual wingtips, they really sharpen casual looks.

Comment

@John Hamnett--Thanks. I sometimes feel that I'm under-dressed in comparison to some of the other WIWTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post

Nice sunny day today:

Bonobos Shirt
                          Vans cardigan
                          Jcrew Chinos
                          AE Strands
                          is it me or does that cardigan not fit like your other ones?

other than that, as always everything fits, looks great and I hate you, already dreading how the cardigan I ordered will fit over a dress shirt after my merino vneck issues.
                          Last edited by shad0w4life; April 12, 2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Thrifted vest, Lorenzo Uomo shirt (Rack), Target tie, MT Silversmiths belt, Bonobos jeans, Chippewa boots.
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Thrifted vest, Lorenzo Uomo shirt (Rack), Target tie, MT Silversmiths belt, Bonobos jeans, Chippewa boots.
                              Damn. Super sharp. The vest is a flashy move, but it works.

Comment

Yoyorobbo - I would have definitely gone with black shoes with that outfit. You made the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X