X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    White jeans! Man after mine own heart!
    It's more of a canvas material but I figured you'd like it.

Comment

@Maxman - Are those the Ranger moc's from LL Bean Signature? Look awesome.

Comment

Haven't done an office-appropriate WIWT in a bit (mostly because I have a bad habit of changing the moment I get home from work or class).

BR jacket, LEC OCBD, Stafford tie, Macy's tie clip, MT Silversmiths buckle, Levi's Signature jeans, Chippewa classic boots (not shown).
        Ben

Comment

@yoyorobbo--Thanks! I had a white square in with a simple square fold and I said eff it, let's throw this in there and see what happens. And that's what happened, for better or worse I'm not sure. I received a few compliments and some people though it was a little off.
          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

A lot of WIWT postings in one day! Great! Only thing I got to say about this is:

Also Nice to see you on the boards again MaxMan, you've always got nice business casual fits and your latests posts do not disappoint!

Nice Spring weather today:

Fox Moto Jacket
            JCF shirt
            Bonobos Pants
            Tso Loafers

Comment

@AENYC - Thanks, they are grey jeans form H&M, are you living in New York?
              @yoyo - Thanks, I think they are a bit too long but will only have them tailored once I get back home, it's cheaper there

@foodie - really liking that shirt, great pattern, matches nicely with that textured tie too!

My denim jacket finally arrived, so stay tuned for a WIWT centered around it today

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Haven't done an office-appropriate WIWT in a bit (mostly because I have a bad habit of changing the moment I get home from work or class).

BR jacket, LEC OCBD, Stafford tie, Macy's tie clip, MT Silversmiths buckle, Levi's Signature jeans, Chippewa classic boots (not shown).
                Smashing, BenR, i said it before and i will say it again and again until someone does it better. Your big buckle Texan Belt is sick! Big but not too big. It melds right in with the entire fit.

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                A lot of WIWT postings in one day! Great! Only thing I got to say about this is:

Also Nice to see you on the boards again MaxMan, you've always got nice business casual fits and your latests posts do not disappoint!
                Thanks Foodie! Going to try to be more consistent, I have been acting like a WIWT lurker...lol I really like the Jacket and the tie!
                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

on that note: here is today's fit

I am stealing Alan's elevator pose, but lighting in the thing sucks!

Varsity Jacket: Commune
                  Shirt: LEC
                  Belt: Old Navy
                  Pants: Old Navy Slim fit (I bought these in store last week for $8 just in case anyones interested)
                  Socks: Tarjay
                  Wheels: Sperry's

I wasnt sure how all that green would work out but i like the end result here. Also, i know, i am the first one to say go sans sock but it was way too chilly this morning for my ankles.
                  Last edited by MaxMan; April 11, 2013, 09:02 AM.
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

@matt - yep, I live in nyc.

@max - seeing that tie makes me a little jealous that I can't really wear knit ties to work. Maybe I could...but they always strike me as a way to dress up a casual outfit.

Comment

@LukeDuke: Diggin' those suede Players. Niiiiiiiiiice. And which Stafford pants are those? The 100% wool ones? Saw those at JCP this past weekend marked wayyyyyy down; just not in my size.
                      Thanks, yoyorobbo. I really like the look of the suede Players, but man my foot is not a fan of the 2-222 last. The tapered toe pinches quite a bit, so I'm going to look into having them stretched some in the toe box. Regarding the pants, yes they're the Stafford Slim Fit 100% wool ones. I picked up this gray pair along with a pair in navy this past week. I like em' a lot and the fit is pretty good although they're not as slim as I thought they would be.

Comment

Kept it simple today. It was a late night working on a lab report. Picked up a couple of henleys after seeing Acoustic's WIWT last week. I really like the fit, just wish they had more than one button.

Shirt: Target Henley
                        Pants: Dockers D2
                        Shoes: Pro-Keds
                        Watch: Citizen

Comment

@MarkB: Is that the "athletic fit" or "casual fit?

Doing another All-Thrift Fit:

Nordstrom Shirt: $2.00
                          Tie: $1.00
                          Target Cardigan: $3.50
                          Wool Pants: $2.00
                          Blackcherry FJ Loafers: $5.00

Comment

@Acoustic--This is actually a One Star. I tried on the Meronas or Mossimos awhile back and the fit was off.

Comment

Rainy day traveling (by high(ish) speed train-almost like an advanced industrial society!). Mostly usual suspects, but punched up with some new accessories:

Jacket: BR
                              Shirt: Uniqlo
                              Tie: EBay
                              Pants/ps/watch strap: JCF
                              Shoes: AE

Comment

@acoustic - great outfit, how much effort goes into your thrifting? I feel I don't have the patience for it but this inspires me to try!

@shomas - looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X