This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

@Jake101: I think the thing with the Kensington and you is just that you are probably more buff(?) - stocky - built - whatever - you know what I mean - than most other who I have seen post wearing it here. You could have worse problems. LOL - Makes me realize just how badly I need to dust off the ol' dumbells. Man, am I out of shape. Anyway, I think the navy Kensignton looks better on you than the tan one - I think that's true with most folks, actually. IMO your look in this pic is really, really solid. What shoes you rockin' there? Blue suedes?
    Haha yeah, i stand 6'0 and a cool 210 lbs... i work out pretty regularly, but for the most part, my genes are pretty 'thick' conducive... hard for me to find blazers that fit at the chest and stomach well, but I do happen to be a pretty good fit IMO in a 40R OTR. Nothing is perfect, but i'm happy with what i got. And yeah, Blue Suedes. Awesome impulse buy, wear em whenever i can

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      Haha yeah, i stand 6'0 and a cool 210 lbs... i work out pretty regularly, but for the most part, my genes are pretty 'thick' conducive... hard for me to find blazers that fit at the chest and stomach well, but I do happen to be a pretty good fit IMO in a 40R OTR. Nothing is perfect, but i'm happy with what i got. And yeah, Blue Suedes. Awesome impulse buy, wear em whenever i can
      You're screwed buddy, MTM is about it for you! Those issues sent me on my journey from 210 to 175(188 now);Plus I wanted to be way more cut than I was at the time and 6' 210 would require "help" to look like I had no body fat

Your pants look like they are sitting really low or something, it's making your torso look elongated.

Comment

I don't have a pic of wiwt (jcrew lightweight buttondown shirt, gap lived in slim, stafford cutter chukkas) but since it's been ~80 degrees/sunny the last two days, i've been reminded of how menswear becomes much less interesting when trying to deal with the heat

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
          You're screwed buddy, MTM is about it for you! Those issues sent me on my journey from 210 to 175(188 now);Plus I wanted to be way more cut than I was at the time and 6' 210 would require "help" to look like I had no body fat

Your pants look like they are sitting really low or something, it's making your torso look elongated.

gonna try REALLY hard to answer this without being snarky. .....i..uh...my pants are fine, dammit! and I'm at 13% bodyfat right now, and I happen to have short legs in comparison to my torso

but in reality, someone correct me if im wrong - i usually use WIWT as a way to get inspired by color coordinating and matching ideas. People (not only talkin about you shadow , again sorry) tend to focus ALOT on other people's tailoring - which, most often is a personal preference thing (unless they ask for help in that area). Im not looking for perfect fits, because i'm a 22 year old who just started working, and i can't afford to tailor every item i own. nor can i afford MTM.
          Last edited by Jake101; April 10, 2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Cardigan decision inspired by (1) technojinn's, AcousticFoodie's and probably a few others' recent WIWTs, (2) Don Draper's winter-weekend *casual* looks - caught fully up on last season's eps last night, and (3) the crappy (Spring?) weather here in MI.

Cardigan: BR
            Henley: Target Merona
            Jeans: Levis 501
            Socks: Army Surplus GI Wool (not pictured, but details supplied for frugality and patriotism purposes)
            Boots: St. John's Bay Rappel
            Watch: Swiss Army
            Fragrance: Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane

US Army socks + Swiss Army timepiece = I'm 'merican but my great grandfather came here from Switzerland. Throw in the Canadian/Newfoundland-named footwear and the Cuban reference from the cologne and it's gettin' downright international, innit?

Figured I'd throw "fragrance" into the WIWT pic mix today, as I am *wearing* it, it's been a pretty popular post series on the main Dappered site, and honestly although several gents here seem to prefer going sans cologne, I'm kinda into it (a fan of basenotes, fragrantica, facebook & youtube communities, etc). I have a decent "collection" of scents - my faves being Creed's Aventus and Green Irish Tweed - and this one here, Pure Havane, is good for when you like that sweet/honey/cherry/vanilla pipe tobacco smell, but you don't smoke a pipe (or anything else, for that matter). Reminds me of when I was a little twerp and my dad would *occasionally* light his up. I love fragrances that spark strong scent memories. Scentual time-traveling, so to speak.

Comment

Lookin swell. Is it just me, or are those jeans green?

Comment

gonna try REALLY hard to answer this without being snarky. .....i..uh...my pants are fine, dammit! and I'm at 13% bodyfat right now, and I happen to have short legs in comparison to my torso

but in reality, someone correct me if im wrong - i usually use WIWT as a way to get inspired by color coordinating and matching ideas. People (not only talkin about you shadow , again sorry) tend to focus ALOT on other people's tailoring - which, most often is a personal preference thing (unless they ask for help in that area). Im not looking for perfect fits, because i'm a 22 year old who just started working, and i can't afford to tailor every item i own. nor can i afford MTM.
                I hear ya, let's keep away from styleforum territory fellas.

Comment

shirt - Club Monaco
                  pants - BR
                  belt - LL Bean
                  shoes - BR

Comment

I tried to make sure I was only referencing myself in my earlier comment as I was purely taking a jab at myself regarding the body fat and needing some "supplements" for me to look how I wanted at 6' 210; That's pretty freaking good to have a 6 pack at 6' 210, That's beyond most people's genetic limits!

Regarding the pants, I was just mentioning they looked like they were maybe sitting low (which can make your jacket look short). Definitely do NOT have you pants taken in...was just simply asking if you maybe had your belt too loose. I'm familiar with wearing pants 2 sizes too big so I could fit my legs in them, and they could sometimes sneak down on me.
                    Last edited by shad0w4life; April 10, 2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Lookin swell. Is it just me, or are those jeans green?
                      Yep. Mr. Green-Jeans. Man, I'm dating myself there, eh?

Anyway, thanks Jake. Good catch! They're really *olive*, I guess; OD (olive drab?).

Sometimes the pics don't turn out as good as I'd like, due to bad lighting in any and all rooms in our house with a mirror. The smaller details shots can be taken in better lighting, but when I take a full-frontal (WODER!) shot, the colors and details can be tough to discern.

Comment

I appreciate the musings. Also - @shadow didn't meant to make this a personal attack , sorry if it came out like that, it was more of a "lets try not to do this". But I digress.

Comment

I appreciate the musings. Also - @shadow didn't meant to make this a personal attack , sorry if it came out like that, it was more of a "lets try not to do this". But I digress.
                          No worries at all, I felt bad for not being more clear what I was intending and was trying to make sure you know I wasn't taking a jab at you

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

shirt - Club Monaco
                            pants - BR
                            belt - LL Bean
                            shoes - BR
                            White jeans! Man after mine own heart!

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                              Unfortunately, don't own any and on a bit of a budget (grad student) so I'm stuck with something I've already got.

I am going to try to get him to fix up the seat today though.
                              Update for those who care/chimed in - took it back to the tailor, he agreed with the suggestions and is fixing them all...overnight...free of charge. Which is amazing, because I didn't have the cash on hand to pay for it (thanks student loan grad school budget).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                                Update for those who care/chimed in - took it back to the tailor, he agreed with the suggestions and is fixing them all...overnight...free of charge. Which is amazing, because I didn't have the cash on hand to pay for it (thanks student loan grad school budget).

Thanks for the suggestions.
                                Well that's decent of him, hopefully it turns out well!

Comment

Working...
                                X