Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@techno--That is an awesome look. Period.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Great looks recently, ive been away for a bit and too many to catch up on individually, but people are kickin a$$ and taking names from the looks of things.

Two things to post. First is a WIWAWB(what I wore a while back) for Easter. Everything since then has been pretty boring (jeans and t shirts to class, etc) but I kind of liked this look for what it was.

Blazer - I have 0 idea. Was found buried in a closet at Mrs New Guys folks house and her dad told me to wear it if I liked it. For being 20+ years old, thing was pretty sweet!
      Shirt - j crew OCBD
      Jeans - j brand
      Shoes - ae van ness
      Socks - happy

Second 'fit is what I'm planning to wear for a friends wedding in Northern California this weekend. Thoughts? Planning to add some kind of pocket square and I'm not crazy about the collar on the shirt, but it is the best fitting white shirt I have so I think I'm stuck with it...

Suit - suit supply (Napoli fit)
      Shirt - nordstroms
      Tie - tie bar
      Tie bar - tie bar
      Not pictured - ae van ness and happy socks (same as above)

Comment

@lukeduke - looks pretty good. your jacket could maybe use some tailoring. Suede players are one of my favorite pairs of shoes
        Thanks, Greg. Yeah, I think the pic is kinda deceiving. The jacket is actually pretty snug when buttoned up. Almost to the point where I think it's probably more fitted than a trench coat is supposed to be. I would have a tough time even wearing a button down with a thin v-neck sweater layered on top underneath it. I did have my tailor lengthen the sleeves a bit, but that was all. I'll try to capture a picture of it buttoned up in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post

Second 'fit is what I'm planning to wear for a friends wedding in Northern California this weekend. Thoughts? Planning to add some kind of pocket square and I'm not crazy about the collar on the shirt, but it is the best fitting white shirt I have so I think I'm stuck with it...

Shirt - nordstroms
          Tie - tie bar
          Tie bar - tie bar
          As you mentioned, I'm not crazy about the shirt collar either.
          I'd definitely add a pocket square. A solid white cotton or linen would be simple and understated. You could also try something darker, like a navy blue dotted square.
          I like the tie, but it's certainly on the more casual side. What material is it made from?

Comment

@technojinn - wonderful outfit! Daring pattern mix, classic, yet updated, very nice!
            @foodie - damn I can't wait for my denim jacket to arrive, gonna wear the hell out of my ties and dress shirts with it!

Strangely simple today:

Comment

techno: Looks AMAZING. Love everything about it, especially the navy-white polka dot tie. I have a thing for navy-white polka do, and for red gingham, incidentally. I need to see about getting myself one of those ties.

foodie: Those shoes are SO NICE. And I'm starting to grow pretty jealous of that jacket...

NewGuy: Agreed on that collar. If you're finding it a bit too casual, you may want to switch ties. Looks solid all in all though.

Matt: Rocking the purple; best part of the outfit is definitely where the pants meet the shoe though. Great leg taper, great shoe color. Love it.

Rainy here and too busy to post a picture as of late... I'll show you guys the newest weapon in my "f-you" pants arsenal when I get around to it though.

Comment

a few...been busy with work and such...but here a some pics that i have taken when i actually remember to take them

took out the boat shoes. was in the dressing room and took a before i tried on clothes pic.

nothing special day at the office

Maroon PS was added to this before i left the hotel room

more to come
                Last edited by MaxMan; April 10, 2013, 10:49 AM.
                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                I>0<I

Comment

@MaxMan - All your images are in HTML, not BBCode, so they're not showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post

Shirt - nordstroms
                    Tie - tie bar
                    Tie bar - tie bar
                    Something looks off with the fit of that suit, have you taken it to a tailor(not alterations place)? the pants look too baggy and the rise seems low. The shoulder width seems good but the rest of the suit looks like it just drapes over you rather than "hugs". Last thing is the cuff width of the suit is meant for french cuffs, you can see how much room you have between the cuff and the shirt cuff. I'm suffering a similar fate today but it's not nearly as drastic and it is actually driving me crazy

Comment

happy socks moment

wet day outside, and i still wore suede

I really like this cardy i got at Target, costed 7 bucks

I>0<I

Comment

last set i swear

Office had me imprisoned here for a week during an audit...really nice place...

Hyatt in Greenwich, CT

Sorry for the all at once.
                        I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          @MaxMan - All your images are in HTML, not BBCode, so they're not showing up.
                          thanks man fixed them
                          I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                            Something looks off with the fit of that suit, have you taken it to a tailor(not alterations place)? the pants look too baggy and the rise seems low. The shoulder width seems good but the rest of the suit looks like it just drapes over you rather than "hugs". Last thing is the cuff width of the suit is meant for french cuffs, you can see how much room you have between the cuff and the shirt cuff. I'm suffering a similar fate today but it's not nearly as drastic and it is actually driving me crazy
                            Agreed, i think the pants are riding too low based on the sagging effect in the crotch
                            Last edited by MaxMan; April 10, 2013, 10:56 AM. Reason: grammatical
                            I>0<I

Comment

@techno, Great look but I think the pants need to be hemmed a little...maybe 1/2". Everything fits great but I think there's too much excess fabric bunching that throws off the sleek slimming look of what you're wearing up top.

Comment

@matt - great outfit, what color are those pants?

@maxman - way to rock the cardigan and jacket...what's the material on the cardigan?

Comment

Working...
                                X