This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Thanks! This jacket definitely feels like it fits better. I'm still getting the hang of using silk pocket squares. Glad to hear this one is working...
    One thing I've found is that a larger size works well with silk. At least 13x13 allows you to get a nice poof which takes advantage of silk's springy nature.

Comment

@Shomas - Love the shirt today; great color. Also, great use of the Neumora's, as usual. I've worn mine a few times and my girlfriend kept giggling because they squeak as I walk (seems to be the leather uppers that rub together). I'm sure it'll quit once they've been broken in.

Comment

Went "50 shades of blue" today.

Blazer: JC
        Shirt: JCF
        Tie: JCF
        PS: JCF
        Pants: 514
        Socks: JCF
        Shoes: Cole Haan
        Watch: Weekender

I guess I'm also mourning JCF's loss in the finals yesterday as well.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Too hot for a blazer today so just kept it simple.

EDIT:
          shirt - F&O
          pants - Bonobos
          Last edited by Vicious49; April 9, 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks, jeff4. I had the same squeaking problem with the Neumoras until they were a little broken in. Now they're fine (and much more comfortable).

MarkB, really sharp! I'm a big fan of the many shades of blue approach and I think you're doing it really well here. I especially like the pocket square livening things up a bit.

Vicious49, this looks very good. The shoes and belt look especially nice against those pants. Well done.

Comment

[Qomas;108833]Thanks, jeff4. I had the same squeaking problem with the Neumoras until they were a little broken in. Now they're fine (and much more comfortable).

Funny ive got the ae holts which are a single strap monk and they squeak a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Too hot for a blazer today
                You, or the weather?

If you're going to go without a jacket then it may look better if you roll up your sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  Thanks, jeff4. I had the same squeaking problem with the Neumoras until they were a little broken in. Now they're fine (and much more comfortable).

MarkB, really sharp! I'm a big fan of the many shades of blue approach and I think you're doing it really well here. I especially like the pocket square livening things up a bit.

Vicious49, this looks very good. The shoes and belt look especially nice against those pants. Well done.
                  Thanks, Shomas. I have a difficult time with this jacket, I'm not sure if it's the color or the pincord. I have come to the realization that I should just go with a white or light blue shirt for now.

I agree re: Vicious49's look today.

@Vicious49--That F&O shirt looks like it fits really well. How would you compare it to your BR or JCF slim fits?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    You, or the weather?

If you're going to go without a jacket then it may look better if you roll up your sleeves.
                    Good call. I usually do but the shirt was really thin material so I didn't even think about it since it kept me cool. It's supposed to be even hotter at 87 degrees tomorrow and then we're back to 62 this weekend. We have the weirdest weather.

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                    @Vicious49--That F&O shirt looks like it fits really well. How would you compare it to your BR or JCF slim fits?
                    I've realized that BR shirts don't fit me well since I'm in between sizes with them. The M is too big everywhere and the S fits fine except the chest is too tight. The F&O shirts are a bit hit and miss for me. I wear a M with them but a lot of times (80%) it will be too tight in the chest. But when the chest fits, their shirts are a really good fit on me. The JCF slim fit shirts are a tad bit bigger everywhere so their M always fits me. I think the best fit so far is an actual J Crew sim fit shirt I just picked up during the sale. Another one is the Club Monaco shirts I picked up during a sale recently.

If I had to rank them in terms of fit for me, it would be Club Monaco followed very closely by JCrew slim fit, F&O (the minority of the time that it has a bit more room in the chest), JCrew Factory slim fit, and finally BR.

Comment

@Acousticfoodie - I like that cardigan just not sure I like it so much with that shirt. I think maybe you need a little more contrast in color...maybe like a gingham or something. I think a darker shirt would make the dark denim work a little better with the outfit. Big fan of that tie.
                      @Shomas - You wear the Neumoras well! Not sure I could pull off the double monks, but I really want a pair of the AE Norwich single monks...like, really bad.
                      @MarkB - Looking sharp. I tried on that blazer in store, loved the look of it but I was in between a M & L so it was a no go for me. It seems to fit you very well.
                      @Vicious49 - Nice pattern on that shirt. Overall outfit is well put together.

Me today.

jacket - Gap
                      shirt - Merona (should've fixed my crooked collar!)
                      pants - Stafford
                      socks - Happy Socks
                      shoes - AE Players
                      watch - Orient

Comment

Oof, haven't contributed here in a long time. An actual WIWT will come soon. I know everyone has been holding their breath. Lots of good stuff here fellas!

@Shomas, do miss the beard, but both looks are solid. I particularly like the 2nd one.
                        @yoyo, simple and casual, digging the watch
                        @MattRickets, looks like you are starting to find a way to balance your style and very casual career. Looking good
                        @Foodie, blue gingham shirt would look great with that sweater (and unbutton the top button, man!)
                        @MarkB, not big on the pointy PS in this ensemble - everything else works. Also, I definitely own those socks
                        @Vicious, not much to say.. clean and simple. I'm jealous of the watches folks are posting
                        @lukeduke - looks pretty good. your jacket could maybe use some tailoring. Suede players are one of my favorite pairs of shoes
                        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@Luke-Thanks. It's a L (I normally wear a 42) that I scored off of eBay for $16 because it needed buttons.
                          Last edited by MarkB; April 9, 2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

This was yesterday

Cardigan and Shirt: Frank&Oak
                            Tie: Tiebar
                            Pants: Levis 513 Corduroy
                            Shoes: Kenneth Cole Big Winner penny loafer
                            Watch: Orient Bambino

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the cardigan guys.
                              @techno: fantastic. absolutely great!

Comment

Originally posted by technojinn View Post
                                This was yesterday

Cardigan and Shirt: Frank&Oak
                                Tie: Tiebar
                                Pants: Levis 513 Corduroy
                                Shoes: Kenneth Cole Big Winner penny loafer
                                Watch: Orient Bambino

Great look man! Liking the loafers.

May also need to start checking out Frank and Oak.

Comment

Working...
                                X