Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. Yeah, it was time to retire the face-sweater for the season. I'm sure it'll make another appearance at some point.

The BR shoes are about a year old - I think they were called the "Digby." I picked them up last year during a rare 40% off sale that applied to shoes. I think they came out to about $90. They've been pretty damn good for the price.

I've gotten the Harry Crane comparison before. I can't say I'm wild about it, but it could certainly be worse! And no, I'm not quite as big a doofus as him, though I do have my moments...

Comment

Shomas...

Comment

Anyone up for a picnic? I've got the tablecloth:

Shirt: BR soft-wash
        Pants: Dockers modern khaki
        Socks: Target Merona
        Shoes: Stafford Ashton
        Watch: Rotary Chronospeed

I've worn mostly D2 Dockers (straight-straight), and often the broken-in variety these past few years. Seemed like whenever I tried D1s or Alphas, they just felt too snug for my liking. I'm not a skinny-jeans dude; nor should I be, really. I think this *Modern Khaki* fit might be my go-between, "these Dockers are juuuuuuuust right" solution. Although they could be a re-badged D1 - how many different names/fits are there these days? Jeesh! Ah well, we'll see. Snagged a few pair at JCP yesterday with the 20% off, and an additional $10 off of $50 double-dip. Giving them a go for the first time today. Thoughts/opinions on the fit for me and my body type?

Also, what the dealio with the pattern mix I chose of gingham shirt and argyle socks? Is that breaking a rule of some sort? I really wasn't sure if it was a good choice, but my only other option this morning was a plain tan/sand pair of socks, and I wanted a little more color. Figured the tan and the maroon in the argyle pattern tied in pretty well with the pants/shirt combo. But what about the differing-patterns combo? OK, or NO-AH-AH?

Comment

Apologies for the bad lighting. First time wearing this shirt (Uniqlo) and belt (Narragansett Leathers, custom-made):

Not sure what to think of the belt, it's a bit bigger and shinier than I imagined. What do you guys think? Too flashy? It's paired with my beeswax weather Clarks DBs, as I don't have any shoes that exactly match the belt color.

I'm really liking the way the shirt fits - think I may have finally found a regular source for casual button-ups!

Comment

Originally posted by MattRicketts View Post
            Apologies for the bad lighting. First time wearing this shirt (Uniqlo) and belt (Narragansett Leathers, custom-made):

Not sure what to think of the belt, it's a bit bigger and shinier than I imagined. What do you guys think? Too flashy? It's paired with my beeswax weather Clarks DBs, as I don't have any shoes that exactly match the belt color.

I'm really liking the way the shirt fits - think I may have finally found a regular source for casual button-ups!
            I actually like the belt, nice color and doesn't seem all that flashy.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRicketts View Post

Shirt seems good. I'm not a fan of the belt in this outfit thoughm the outfit is too dark and the belt to bright. I'd wear it under a blazer so it peeks out instead in this situation. Also, a belt doesn't need to exactly match your shoes but it should approximate. I have the clarks beeswax and think they do not look anything like the belt color here. This belt looks reddish.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                Me today:

Jacket: Target
                Shirt: J Crew
                Pants: J Crew Factory
                Socks: Happy Socks
                Shoes: BR
                Jacket sleeves are too short and the waist too tight. Length and shoulders are good. Really like the wingtips.

Comment

You're right that it's a little tight. I'm OK with it at that price. The sleeves are just about perfect, though. Now that you mention it, I can see how this photo makes it look like they are a bit short, but in reality, they're fine (unlike the kakhi version I have of the same jacket - those sleeves are way too long. So much for quality control!).

Comment

@yoyo: Great early spring fit.
                    @Matt: Nice shirt! I think a brown/tan field jacket would give you the workwear look that's appropriate for your bio field!
                    @Shomas: Sleeve and blazer might be tight, but I don't think it's anything noticable. Overall great look as usual

Not sure if this fit works. I've had this whitish cardigan for awhile but never really incorporated it into anything:

JC shirt
                    Millars knit tie
                    514s
                    ON cardigan
                    Frye wingtips

Comment

I don't normally post here but what the hell. What I wore yesterday:
                      Akuma
                      A*
                      A*
                      A*
                      Sidi
                      5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I like the cardigan, Acoustic. It's different, but I think it works.

This is me ushering in spring today:

Jacket: BR
                        Shirt: J Crew
                        Pants: J Crew Factory
                        Pocket square: the tie bar
                        Socks: H&M
                        Shoes: AE

Comment

@acoustic, love the tie!

Comment

@shomas - looking sharp today! I like the fit of this jacket better than the one from yesterday, also liking the fold of the pocket square better.

Comment

Acoustic: I'm not wild about the dark jeans with the sweater/shirt/tie combo, but that could well be the lighting in the photo making the bottom half look severe against the lighter top half. Shirt/tie/sweater combo is great on its own, though.

Comment

Originally posted by AENYC View Post
                                @shomas - looking sharp today! I like the fit of this jacket better than the one from yesterday, also liking the fold of the pocket square better.
                                Thanks! This jacket definitely feels like it fits better. I'm still getting the hang of using silk pocket squares. Glad to hear this one is working...

Comment

Working...
                                X