Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice socks, Nicholas. They'd be even better with some sweet shoes over them ;-) The sweater looks good on you, I think you made the right decision to size down. Would have been pretty baggy in a bigger size.

Shirt: Ben Sherman ($11 at Nordstrom Rack... it's shinier than I would normally get but I couldn't resist for the price)

Tie: Target

Cardigan: Target

Chinos: LEC

Shoes: Thrifted

Watch: Orient, on its new cognac ostrich strap B-)

Ben

Comment

Beautiful watch BenR. How much is it?

Comment

$100 (with 50% discount) for the gold, which is apparently out of stock. $92.50 for the stainless steel case.

http://orientwatchusa.com/fgw0100aw

The strap is a DeBeer ostrich-grain I got from Holben's Fine Watch Bands for about $20. It's available slightly cheaper elsewhere but at Holben's I had the option of the gold buckle.

Ben

Comment

Thanks BenR, I'll be keeping a watch (haha...I know...) for when it comes back in stock.

Jcrew shirt

Gap Patch Blazer

Bonobos jet blue chinos

Allen Edmonds Macneil

Comment

Not wearing boots, Ben?? ;-) Definitely getting a sense of your look - you layer things really well.

AcousticFoodie - I like that. Reminds that I need a real blazer. Should get to thrifting...

Comment

Been out of commision lately...Life as an auditor sux around this time of year...but you guys look AWESOME...JC that peacoat you traded for is dope man...foodie, i see you rocked the purple blazer differently, i reallly like this look much better, and the Macneils complete smoothly with the contrast at the bottom...And BenR, that red and grey tie is killing it with the shirt cardy combo...

i will be back with avengence...

Stay stylish gentlemen!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

@Ben, where did you pick up that watch strap?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

@ MaxMan - Ahhhh! I've been wondering where you got to - come back to us, this thread is your baby, it needs you. :-)

@ Greg_S - http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...atch-band.html

Ben

Comment

@maxman ah good to see you are back! I rely on your WIWT posts to pick up color patterns!

Comment

@maxman - What kind of auditor? I'm in public accounting..

Comment

Today:

Shirt by LEC, cardigan by ON, Levi 501, belt by Eddie Bauer, BedStu shoes.

Yesterday:

Shirt by LEC, cords by ON, belt by Eddie Bauer, Merrell Sight shoes.

As you can see, I'm dressing up only to end up out in the mud each day...

I'm posting these each day on a new Tumblr since I don't want to hassle my friends with posts. Critiques are welcome! I'm just figuring this out.

Comment

That shirt is now $12. (through Monday?)

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-l...&origin=search

Comment

And today's shirt too: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-heritage-plaid-poplin-shirt~217662_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PK7&CM_MERC H=canvas-search-_-387311+or+391367+or+395350+or+399000+or+399059+or+ 399302+or+403606+or+404770+or+404771+or+408326+or+ 391948+or+405062+or+405064+or+410266+or+410267+or+ 385907+or+405074+or+405075

The color is "Dark Cobalt Blue/Malibu Teal P"

Comment

Going to be commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps soon, so I wanted to start dressing better:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430663_325331577510953_100001023406520_1025356_190 9802490_n.jpg

Sportcoat: J Crew

Sweater: GAP

Shoes: Robert Wayne Desert Boots

Jeans: Levi 514s

Yes, I know I don't have a proper Marine Corps haircut, but my grandma wanted to take a picture with me as soon as I got my uniform in. I think the sleeves are a little short:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ressblues.jpg/

Comment

Hey Jeff - welcome to the forum! My brother is in the Marines too - he likes to give haircuts to make extra cash, in case you're in DC. ;-)

A couple thoughts - you're at a great starting point with quality, versatile pieces to work with. With the sport coat and sweater combo, I think you could take that to a whole 'nother level with a white dress shirt and white pocket square, with or without the sweater. Otherwise...wearing a crewneck t-shirt (looks like) under the v-neck sweater is an odd layer. I think the white would really pop for you and be usable in other combinations.

For the dress blues, you could probably take an inch off the length to get to a medium break and give your pant legs that straight edge look, making the stripe down the side a sharp line. Even if you'd normally wear the same inseam in jeans. You'll be wearing them for years, so it's worth having it perfect!

I think you're alright for sleeve length. You want some cuff showing - just own it!

Comment

Working...
                                X