Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Foodie - Yeah, I think my blazers are too tight in general, I like though, but will pay more attention to it at future purchases. Or can blazers be let out a bit in the waist? I guess I'll have to check with my tailor.

My denim jacket is on its way, so if it fits properly I'll be bumming around soon as well. Well, bumming for my level, so not henleys for me Thanks for the inspiration, had this itch for a denim jacket ever since I say you (and some others) wear it. I think it will be perfect to dress down a shirt and tie.

Comment

Matt- they can be let out a little. I usually have to get all mine let out an inch or so.

Comment

@LukeDuke: Understood! That henley is from last season so I'm not sure.
        @Matt: Some blazers can be let out at the waist, I think Vicious mentioned something about it. Which Denim jacket did you get? I guess I'll find out in a future WIWT from ya.

Being a bum again today:

Target Henley
        Filson Jacket
        514s
        Jonathan Richards Cap

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
          @LukeDuke: At home Casual means a collared shirt? I must look like a monster at home compared to you then!
          Coming from the guy whose "bumming around" is more put together than 99.99% of my classmates...? :P

Wow I haven't posted on here in a while; it's been busy. Maybe next week. I have some new jeans that will draw some attention...

Comment

Me tonight. Spring is in the air and I'm embracing it.

sweater - JCF
            shirt - JCF
            jeans - JCrew vintage slim in wheat
            shoes - AE Elgin sans socks and lovin it
            belt - Nordstrom 1901 (my go to with jeans)
            watch - Seiko (should've probably switched up my NATO strap with a contrasting color)
            Last edited by Lukeduke; April 7, 2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

@Lukeduke. Nicely put together. It sounds like its time to work in my light colored jeans too.
              @Foodie. "And the bumming around of the year award goes too...." I have the same Henley and grabbed another last week. I love the Target Henley and you wear it well!'

Comment

I ended up putting on shorts and a tshirt cuz my lunch got cancelled
                Last edited by Jake101; April 7, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

@Mikey: lol you know what I mean! I'm bummish compared to most of the fine gentlemen here on the WIWTs with the nice sweaters, shirts, ties, blazers and etc!
                  @LukeDuke: Great fit and color, the sockless AE's really complete the early spring look.
                  @Tommy: Thanks! I wish I grabbed more of them back when target still had them!
                  @Jake: Nice colors, but is your blazer a little tight in the chest? Could just be the posture. I spy...AB WHEEL!

All Thrift-Fit Sunday:

Gap Trucker: $6.00
                  Tan 514s: $8.50
                  Gap Striped Sweater: $4.00
                  Tod’s Chukkas: $10.00
                  Jonathon Richards Cap: $1.00

Comment

Haha - I knew the wheel would be mentioned. Just got it haven't even tried it yet. As for the blazer- this one fits me bigger then most. I think it's alright - but in general I'm sacrificing fit most at the chest cuz of my build.... Until I go custom.

Comment

Lukeduke and Jake101, those are both sharp early spring looks. Lukeduke, I think unbuttoning the top button on the cardigan will improve the balance overall.

Me today:

Jacket: Target
                      Shirt: J Crew
                      Pants: J Crew Factory
                      Socks: Happy Socks
                      Shoes: BR

Comment

Woah! No beard Shomas!

Great look. Casual and classy. What BR shoes are those?

Comment

@Shomas: Spring cleaned the beard, eh? No disrespect to your clean-shaven mug, but dude, you have one of the coolest bearded-faces I've seen in quite some time. It seems that your somewhat smug (in a good way), nudge-nudge wink-wink kinda smile smoothly sneaks out of the facial hair and really gives you a "yeah, he's one of the good guys" kinda looks. Again, your Spring-shaven look is dappered as hell too, just given you one last compliment on the wooly-Winter one.

Oh, and the Kensington look good on ya, bud. Nice all-around getup; per usual. Decent weather there today in NY? Getting nicer her in MI, but still a little chilly. Damn wind!

Comment

Shomas isn't the same without the beard. His sartorial rating just dropped 5 percentage points.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              Ya'know, with the clean-shaven look, you have a little bit of a Harry Crane (early seasons, at least) vibe. Not twins, of course; don't nail me to that misclaim. I mean for one, your hair is way better, you're trimmer, you undoubtedly have a much nicer shoe collection, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that you don't blabber or blunder like good ol' Harry does either.

Still, if you *ever* decide to bust out the bow-ties, well...

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                                Lukeduke and Jake101, those are both sharp early spring looks. Lukeduke, I think unbuttoning the top button on the cardigan will improve the balance overall.
                                Thanks, Shomas. You make a good point about the cardigan. For some reason I always button the top button on my non-shawl cardigans, but next time I wear one I'll try leaving it unbuttoned.

Nice outfit today, very well put together. I too recently shaved my beard. I usually only grow one for the winter months and once Spring hits it's gone. Don't think I could stand to have one in the middle of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X