Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more of a spring feel today. Please excuse the dirty mirror, apparently my son can't aim his spitting of toothpaste/water very well.

Shirt: JCF
    Pants: Merona tailored fit
    Shoe: Clark's
    Watch: weekender ($3 strap from michaels, thanks dappered!)
    Last edited by MarkB; April 4, 2013, 11:48 AM.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Tdig - I always enjoy your bowtie looks since its different than everyone else's look.

Markb - I just picked up that same shirt last weekend during the 50% off sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        Tdig - I always enjoy your bowtie looks since its different than everyone else's look.

Markb - I just picked up that same shirt last weekend during the 50% off sale.
        I bought it a little over a month ago at 40% off, IIRC. When I went to the sale last weekend, I realized that I have every one of these shirts that I would wear (it's a sickness, really). I did grab a slub polo, a slim fit vneck, and a pair of their vintage slim straight jeans.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Catching up some:
          Jake101: I actually like the short tie bar - with a different tie maybe not, but I think it works in the casual setting.
          BB: the navy linen jacket is really nice and the colors you've paired it with work well.
          MarkB: I like the orange pops of the watch strap and socks. I'm not wild about the shirt, but for a relaxed look, it's not terrible.
          Jacobra93: I agree with bruschetta re the darker jeans, but otherwise not bad. Saddle shoes aren't my favorite, but that's just a personal taste quirk and I think they work pretty well for you here.
          Acoustic: I can never get my Penguin polo to look that good on me. You're ruining my ability to blame it on the shirt.
          Vicious49: I agree with everyone else re the BR jacket and shoes - they look great.
          tdig: I really like the grey jacket and bowtie with the brightly colored shirt-keeps a nice balance.
          BB: the brown and blue color palette is really great. This outfit is super sharp.
          MarkB: I like this green checked shirt as well. I think ironing it would go a long way toward sharpening this look up (not that I'm very good about taking that advice myself), but overall it looks good. Also, I gotta get me one of those Michaels straps.

This is me today. Giving the new BR jacket another whirl. I'm judging a moot court competition tonight, so I'm aiming for authoritative but not scary:

Jacket: BR
          Shirt: Uniqlo (these new slim OCBD's are awesome)
          Tie: J Crew Factory
          Pants: Bonobos
          Shoes: AE

Comment

Shomas - What size are you wearing in that Uniqlo slim OCBD?

Comment

Wasn't sure which khaki jacket... Claiborne or Kensington... Ended up going more casual with the Kensington, what do you guys think?

Comment

Another casual look for me... this time, warm weather casual, as it's going to be in the mid-60s today. (Me in 60° in fall: "TIME TO BUST OUT THE TWEED AND CORDUROY AND LAYERING SWEATERS YEEEEEAH." Me in 60° in spring: "TIME TO BUST OUT THE SHORTS AND BOAT SHOES AND GET MY TAN ON YEEEEAH." True story.)

GAP shirt, Chubbies shorts, Timex watch, Timberland suede moccasins
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  Shomas - What size are you wearing in that Uniqlo slim OCBD?
                  It's a medium. I've tried Uniqlo regular fit, LEC, and Bonobos (reg. fit) OCBDs in the last couple of years and I think this is my favorite. It's not as soft as the Bonobos, but it's not bad and the fit is miles better.

Comment

Shomas get that tie tightened up on the button! Sorry it's a personal pet peeve. Like the outfit otherwise except another pet peeve is tie clips that are equally as wide as the tie.
                    My cocktail videos >

Comment

Great fits from everyone again.

Looks like another cold rainy day coming up:

BR shirt
                      BR cardigan
                      JC Jacket
                      514s
                      Cole Haan Chelseas

Comment

The wife wasn't too thrilled with me getting rid of that other cardigan so giving it another go.

shirt - JCP
                        pants - BR Factory
                        sweater - BR
                        watch - Christopher Ward
                        shoes - AE Malvern

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                          Wasn't sure which khaki jacket... Claiborne or Kensington... Ended up going more casual with the Kensington, what do you guys think?
                          Jake, I personally like the fit of the Claiborne on you better. Maybe it's the lower front pockets on the Kensington - dunno. I struggled with the beige one on me as well - maybe it was those pockets too. I know that it seemed to wash me out, colorwise - the navy works way better on me.

It may also be your build. The Kensington is looking much tighter, in the lower half, especially; and shorter too. Not saying it looks bad, just that the Claiborne one, to me, simply looks better on you. Just my two gold pieces; take them as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Another casual look for me... this time, warm weather casual, as it's going to be in the mid-60s today. (Me in 60° in fall: "TIME TO BUST OUT THE TWEED AND CORDUROY AND LAYERING SWEATERS YEEEEEAH." Me in 60° in spring: "TIME TO BUST OUT THE SHORTS AND BOAT SHOES AND GET MY TAN ON YEEEEAH." True story.)

GAP shirt, Chubbies shorts, Timex watch, Timberland suede moccasins
                            So are those the *shorter*-shorts you were talking about in the shorts thread, Lesser? A tad too short for me, I think; but obviously to each his own.

And yeah, if you're gonna rock those already then it's high time to get a little color. I feel ya, man. I was auditioning some new summer kicks, rolled my chinos way up to get a good idea of the look of the shoes on me, and noticed my ultra-white calves, shins and ankles. WODER! I'm not big on *tanning* just to tan - too much of a health risk that I'm beginning to fear in my adult life. But of course I do get *some* color during the Summer. Just be careful, dude; take it slow and easy; that's all I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by tdig View Post
                              Shomas get that tie tightened up on the button! Sorry it's a personal pet peeve. Like the outfit otherwise except another pet peeve is tie clips that are equally as wide as the tie.
                              Re. the tie: fair enough. It's that kind of attention to detail that's given me the delightful experience of getting home from work to have my wife point out that I've evidently gone through my whole commute with my fly down.

Re. the tie clip: We'll just have to disagree on this one (which it to say, I'm with you in general, but I think it works here).

Comment

@Vicious: Does that taupe BR jacket have functional buttons on the sleeve or just stitching around the buttons?

Comment

Working...
                                X