Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the photo, it's not even placed correctly. Sliding off. Plus- he teeth are behind the shirt, don't touch the tie.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I actually find tiebars/clips to be one of the more practical suiting accessories. Keeps your tie from flopping freely or whipping around in the wind if you're not wearing a jacket. If you are wearing a jacket, it keeps the tie neatly centered over the button placket rather than skewed to one side or another, as seems to happen to my ties when I don't wear a bar or clip.

I'm otherwise a minimalist when it comes to accessorizing a business suit - no pocket squares, lapel flowers, bracelets, sweaters/sweatervests, crazy socks.
      That makes sense. I guess I'm just not very fussy about keeping the tie in place. It doesn't bother me if it's skewed to one sider or the other. Generally I keep my coat buttoned outside, too, so the wind isn't a problem.

And I figure it's one less piece of my attire to worry about.

Comment

Hey guys! This is my first post. Bought these new shoes and I'd like to know what you guys think of them along with my outfit in general. I'm just a nineteen year old who's trying to look his best.
        I'm a poor college kid, though, so I can't dress near as well as most of you! Don't even have a suit yet... Oh, well, someday I'll have some extra money to buy more clothes! Haha.
        Here's the outfit:

And just the shoes:
        Last edited by bruschetta; April 3, 2013, 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed image links.

Comment

Jacobra93, I fixed the links to your images so that they show up on the forums. Looks like a good casual outfit to me. I would wear darker jeans, but that's just my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
            Man, I love that jacket.... Honestly, I thought the cotton/linen fabric felt great and the construction was pretty decent.

I've now got my eyes on this jacket in the brown herringbone pattern whenever Lands End decides to do their next 30-40% promotion.[/url]
            I love this jacket, too -- one of the best buys I've made. Got the whole suit for a little over $100. It's a great weight, and doesn't just flop around like some linen jackets I've seen. Also, the half-lining is great (JCF should be doing that for their summer weight stuff!)

And, well, now I'm looking at those jackets you've posted. Next on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
              Foodie, what's the jacket?
              Originally posted by MarkB View Post
              @Acoustic-- I'm also curious about that jacket. Don't tell me you thrifted a Barbour for $10, I would be forced to pay you for your thrifting skills.
              Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              @ Acoustic - Nice Barbour(?)
              Oops, sorry was in a rush and forgot to post details. MarkB, sadly no...it's a Jcrew not a Barbour. I thought there might have been a chance it could have been the barbour for Jcrew line since it looks and feels like a Barbour but that doesn't appear to be the case...and I picked it up for $36 instead $10 :-(

@Vicious: Nice! Everything is packaged so nicely
              @BB: Looking spring ready! Those Linen pants look fantastic
              @MarkB: DAT SOCK!
              @BenR: Fantastic casual fit
              @Jake101: Sneakers, no belt, knit tie, and a chambray shirt - you pull off the sneaker blazer look well!
              @Jaco: I too like merona socks! Nice casual fit! Also welcome!

Trying another all-thrift fit today:

H&M Shirt: $2.50
              Wool Knit Tie: $1.00
              Unknown charcoal trousers: $2.00
              Eddie Bauer Coat: $15.00
              Mezlan shoes: $7.00

Coming home changed into another all thrift fit before heading out again:

Penguin Polo: $5.00
              BR pants - $2
              Bass Loafers: $5.00

Comment

jacket - BR
                shirt - JCrew factory
                pants - BR Factory
                shoes - BR

Comment

Vicious you on a roll! Those BR suede shoes look great with the fit!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

jacket - BR
                    shirt - JCrew factory
                    pants - BR Factory
                    shoes - BR
                    nice...is that a linen jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                      Oops, sorry was in a rush and forgot to post details. MarkB, sadly no...it's a Jcrew not a Barbour. I thought there might have been a chance it could have been the barbour for Jcrew line since it looks and feels like a Barbour but that doesn't appear to be the case...and I picked it up for $36 instead $10 :-(

@Vicious: Nice! Everything is packaged so nicely
                      @BB: Looking spring ready! Those Linen pants look fantastic
                      @MarkB: DAT SOCK!
                      @BenR: Fantastic casual fit
                      @Jake101: Sneakers, no belt, knit tie, and a chambray shirt - you pull off the sneaker blazer look well!
                      @Jaco: I too like merona socks! Nice casual fit! Also welcome!

Trying another all-thrift fit today:

H&M Shirt: $2.50
                      Wool Knit Tie: $1.00
                      Unknown charcoal trousers: $2.00
                      Eddie Bauer Coat: $15.00
                      Mezlan shoes: $7.00

Coming home changed into another all thrift fit before heading out again:

Penguin Polo: $5.00
                      BR pants - $2
                      Bass Loafers: $5.00
                      Now you're just showing' off. Lol. I thought I was doing good when I got my Millerain for J Crew field jacket off eBay for $80 shipped. I saw those OP polos at Burlington coat factory last week, but I was in a hurry and didn't get to try them on.
                      Last edited by MarkB; April 3, 2013, 09:28 PM.
                      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Vicious you on a roll! Those BR suede shoes look great with the fit!
                        Thanks. I'm starting to learn that the simpler looks seem to be the more popular ones. I picked those shoes up for $70 during the F&F sale last month.

Originally posted by fash1on View Post
                        nice...is that a linen jacket?
                        It's a 100% cotton jacket which was also bought during the F&F sale. BR describes it as taupe. The link to it is below. I think the sleeves are close to perfect on me so I won't have them tailored but I will need to have him let the jacket out an inch or so.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=235807012

Comment

Thanks! Wasn't aware i was doing sneaker/blazer alot, i'll try not to be predictable haha. I don't Post every day, half the week I'm in boring business suits.

Comment

Shirt - Frank and Oak
                            Tie - Bonobos via Ernerst Alexander
                            Jacket - JCrew

Not shown
                            Pants - JCrew Khakis
                            Shoes - Walkover Navy Wingtip Bucks

Colors came out really muted. Much more vibrant irl. Guess I need better lighting...
                            Last edited by tdig; April 4, 2013, 10:04 AM.
                            My cocktail videos >

Comment

Foodie, that tie is great. Nice thrift fit.

Vicious, I agree with everyone else!

Tdig, I like the colors, patterns and textures. Nice jacket.

As for me, today I cribbed from a photo that I posted on the "looks you like" page -- I don't have a navy cardigan or a sweet pocket square, but think I got fairly close. What do you think?

Jacket: J Crew Ludlow Harvest
                              Shirt: Target
                              Tie: Knottery grenadine
                              Pants: linen thrifted
                              Shoes: Stafford

Comment

Well done BB. The Navy cardigan is a nice contrast but it looks solid without it as well.
                                My cocktail videos >

Comment

Working...
                                X