Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenR, I like the casual look. The Havilands are great. And Mark, I agree with Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      This is a nice looking getup. Really like that shirt/tie/sweater combo you've got going there.
      I agree 100% with this assessment, Vicious. I'm quite surprised I like that tie as much as I do, but you're carrying it off very well.

Comment

Comment

@ Jake101 - I like everything about this outfit but the shoes and the tiebar. The bright sneakers seem a little unbalanced against the darker, dressed-up workwear vibe the rest of the outfit seems to have going on. The tiebar just looks too short.
          Ben

Comment

Thanks for the comments! For the record, I love my inch tiebar. Goes with every casual outfit IMO. And the sneakers are Ctually darker. Flash makes em look lighter

Comment

Agreed with Ben here. I prefer tiebars extend at least halfway across the tie.

Comment

@Jake - great look IMO. What pants/jacket are those? That combination looks very nice to me.

Comment

Whoops--action shot.

Jacket: LE Linen
                  Tie: TieBar
                  Pants: Dockers

Comment

The jacket AND pants are from jcp

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post

Whoops--action shot.

Jacket: LE Linen
                      Tie: TieBar
                      Pants: Dockers
                      Man, I love that jacket. I actually got it in my normal size (42R) as a present for my birthday a couple of months ago. Unfortunately it was just a little too snug in the shoulders/arms, so I had to return it. I think a 43R would've been just right, which is strange because usually the LE tailored fit jackets fit me almost perfectly in a 42R. Honestly, I thought the cotton/linen fabric felt great and the construction was pretty decent.

I've now got my eyes on this jacket in the brown herringbone pattern whenever Lands End decides to do their next 30-40% promotion.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tail...236036_-1.html

Comment

Went sort of anti-spring today

Shirt: Kenneth Cole (one of my few Pre-Dappered purchases that survived the cut)
                        Pants: JCF
                        Socks: JCF
                        Shoes: Clark's db
                        Watch: Weekender (Zulu via eBay)
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by bb View Post
                          when it showed up, though, my wife said: Excuse me, but i ordered the large cappuccino... Bonus points for those old enough to get that.
                          "hel-l-l-l-lo...!"

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                            Agreed with Ben here. I prefer tiebars extend at least halfway across the tie.
                            In Jake's tiebar's defense, it seems that just about every shot I ever see of a tiebar on a *knit* tie in mags such as GQ, Esquire, etc. seems to showcase the stubbier tiebar.

I usually wear one that goes nearly, if not the entire distance of the width of my *non*-knits, and actually have not worn one yet with my knits, now that I think of it. But I would probably wear one of the shorter variety too, simply from the influence of those magazines.

Seems like you'd want to be careful on the tiebar pulling too much at the knitted material too, right? Dunno. Now you're gonna have me shopping for a stubby tiebar. LOL

Comment

"They" say that you shouldn't wear a tiebar with knits, especially one with teeth, as it can damage the tie. I've certainly learned that, and actually I avoid tiebars altogether anymore. I just don't see the point.

In general, though, I like to see a shorter bar that does not go all the way across the width of a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                                ...I avoid tiebars altogether anymore. I just don't see the point.
                                I actually find tiebars/clips to be one of the more practical suiting accessories. Keeps your tie from flopping freely or whipping around in the wind if you're not wearing a jacket. If you are wearing a jacket, it keeps the tie neatly centered over the button placket rather than skewed to one side or another, as seems to happen to my ties when I don't wear a bar or clip.

I'm otherwise a minimalist when it comes to accessorizing a business suit - no pocket squares, lapel flowers, bracelets, sweaters/sweatervests, crazy socks.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X