Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to put this WIWT I context before I get shunned by the elders of our little tribe. First, it was 88* today and second I only set foot outside of my house to go to Kinesiology lecture/lab which requires the use of shorts (gasp).

Shirt: Target
    Shorts (!): Gap
    Shoes: Pro-Keds 69er lo
    Watch: Citizen Nighthawk

The shorts are burgundy, it's kinda hard to tell in the picture. Hopefully this is more presentable than sloppy.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@MarkB - what do you think of the Nighthawk? I like the busy looking face. I have relatively small wrists, so I'm worried about big watches looking like shields on my arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
        @yoyo: Looks good! The birdseye blazer with gray pants looks great and it's much easier to see the difference in the left middle pic between the blue and dark gray. If you wanted to, you could probably take in the waist a little bit to get a more tapered look. The pastel blue tie is a nice spring touch.
        Originally posted by Montag311 View Post
        @yoyo: I think the blazer/pants look great together. I love that blazer. I wish BR would quit putting functional buttons on so many of their blazer sleeves otherwise I'd have a ton of them.
        Cool. Thanks for the follow-up feedback, fellas.

I started to possibly over-think it a tad with the original comments on mismatching jacket/pants, but I totally get the reasoning for them. I really do. My best early morning lighting for WIWT pics is certainly less than desirable. I try not to flick the overhead lights on, as they just yellow everything up, and usually just open and raise the blinds in the bathroom that actually gets some light the soonest of the other rooms with windows. In summary, my current lighting sucks, and I'll either need to find a new spot to take the pics, or just deal with the frequent color ambiguity.

Even that outdoor close-up shot of the Birdseye blazer juxtaposed against the grey slacks is a little misleading. The sun was so bright right then, that I think it affected the exposure on my iPhone's cam. It made the colors look a little too light. LOL - Ah well, much better to see the contrast of the two, compared to that dark, dimly-lit full-frontal shot (WODER!). Can't totally win, but again, thanks so much for the feedback.

Regarding taking the blazer in at the waist, I'll have to lose a couple more lbs before I feel comfortable doing that, Acoustic. I know what you're getting at, as far as the more-tapered look, but I know I would still feel a little self-conscious about it being tighter, at least right now. We'll see in a month or two, if I'm trimmed down a little, I may take that advice straight to the tailor.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
          @MarkB - what do you think of the Nighthawk? I like the busy looking face. I have relatively small wrists, so I'm worried about big watches looking like shields on my arm.
          I really like it. My wife bought it for me for my birthday 7 or 8 years ago and I haven't had a single issue with it and it only has one small scratch on the face (and I don't really baby anything I own). It's definitely on the larger side and after wearing it my weekender feels ridiculously small. Maybe you could tone it down with a NATO strap, to get rid of some of the bulk? I wouldn't say that I have large wrists by any means though, so I guess it all depends on what you're comfortable wearing.
          Last edited by MarkB; April 2, 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

@MarkB: All about being appropriate to the environment. Works for the lab! They have you exercise in kino lab?

Chance of showers today:

Comment

Not sure if it's showing up properly due to the lighting but there's green and blue stripes on that shirt.

shirt, pants, sweater - BR
              tie - theknottery

Comment

Vicious and foodie, looking great. Love the shoes, vicious. Foodie, what's the jacket?

long day at work; it'll be a long week as a whole.

Jacket: Adolfo(?)
                Tie: TieBar
                Pants: Linen, thrifted
                Shoes: AE Elgins
                Saddleback large briefcase

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                  @MarkB: All about being appropriate to the environment. Works for the lab! They have you exercise in kino lab?
                  No actual exercise, just checking ROM at various joints. Lots of measuring with the goniometer and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Not sure if it's showing up properly due to the lighting but there's green and blue stripes on that shirt.

shirt, pants, sweater - BR
                    tie - theknottery
                    This is a nice looking getup. Really like that shirt/tie/sweater combo you've got going there.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                      Vicious and foodie, looking great. Love the shoes, vicious. Foodie, what's the jacket?

long day at work; it'll be a long week as a whole.

Jacket: Adolfo(?)
                      Tie: TieBar
                      Pants: Linen, thrifted
                      Shoes: AE Elgins
                      Saddleback large briefcase
                      I like the light blue/navy blue combo a lot. I use this color palette pretty often myself (shirts and sweaters though, I don't have a light blue blazer in my arsenal).
                      They aren't kidding about that being a LARGE briefcase are they?! What are the dimensions of that thing? I'm looking for a bag that will last me through med school and beyond.

@Acoustic-- I'm also curious about that jacket. Don't tell me you thrifted a Barbour for $10, I would be forced to pay you for your thrifting skills.
                      Last edited by MarkB; April 2, 2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Another 80* plus day. I must say, these slub cotton shirts are amazing in the warmer weather. Anyone who lives in a warmer climate should definitely give them a shot. Obviously, they are very casual. That's what weekends are for, right?

Shirt: JCF
                        Pants: BR
                        Socks: Kohls
                        Shoes: Pro-Keds
                        Watch: Citizen
                        Last edited by MarkB; April 2, 2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

@ Acoustic - Nice Barbour(?). Glad to know I'm not the only one getting rained on today.
                          @ BB - Classic Southern charm as usual, though that bag looks rather over-full! You're obviously working too hard.
                          @ Vicious - This is a nice, clean look from you. I've enjoyed watching your evolution over the past few months. The tie is probably my favorite part.
                          @ MarkB - I think this look is a much more polished casual outfit than your previous shorts and t-shirt. A lightweight button-up with rolled-up sleeves would be another way to stay cool and still look put-together, whether with shorts or pants.

The weather is awfully dreary here, though it should perk up in the next couple days.

GAP jacket, Eddie Bauer sweater, GAP OCBD, Target pants, Florsheim longwings
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            @ Acoustic - Nice Barbour(?). Glad to know I'm not the only one getting rained on today.
                            @ BB - Classic Southern charm as usual, though that bag looks rather over-full! You're obviously working too hard.
                            @ Vicious - This is a nice, clean look from you. I've enjoyed watching your evolution over the past few months. The tie is probably my favorite part.
                            @ MarkB - I think this look is a much more polished casual outfit than your previous shorts and t-shirt. A lightweight button-up with rolled-up sleeves would be another way to stay cool and still look put-together, whether with shorts or pants.

The weather is awfully dreary here, though it should perk up in the next couple days.

GAP jacket, Eddie Bauer sweater, GAP OCBD, Target pants, Florsheim longwings
                            I am definitely a big fan of the button up w/ rolled sleeves look. I actually do this several times a week. The shorts and t-shirt were necessary for a class I'm in. I just wanted to post it to see if it was decent (as far as shorts go). I thought a polo shirt would be a little formal for kinesiology lab, so I went for the vneck instead.

Is that jacket recent? I've been looking for a lightweight jacket for a while and I like the look of that one.

Comment

@ MarkB - The jacket is a new purchase as of last week. Picked it up for $25 at a GAP factory outlet store. I think it was actually a winter clearance item - the jacket has got a bit of insulation to it, so not probably the best for warmer spring weather (it was about 40┬░ and rainy when I took the photos).
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                They aren't kidding about that being a LARGE briefcase are they?! What are the dimensions of that thing? I'm looking for a bag that will last me through med school and beyond.
                                The bag is indeed very large -- that works for me, since I often need to tote around lots of books, my computer, files, and so on. It's very full in this picture (lots of dictionaries of dead languages can do that). The precise dimensions are on the site, but it's probably 15-17 inches long and can expand to maybe 9 inches deep. When it arrives it's very stiff and so doesn't collapse easily; it wears in and now is flexible, so it can look much slimmer if it's not stuffed full. (When it showed up, though, my wife said: Excuse me, but I ordered the large cappuccino... Bonus points for those old enough to get that.

About the blazer: it's this (http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...9/product.html). I got it for $20. Not all that well made, but it's not showing any wear and I've had it a year now. Sometimes it pays to get stuff from crappy brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X