Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duvel - All I see is words. I don't see any pics in your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Duvel - All I see is words. I don't see any pics in your posts.
      No pix. No good camera right now.

Comment

@Focuspants: Like your avatar name you're always in focus since you look so sharp. No PS or tie tho?
        @Rive: Like the purple PS, really adds elegance to your overall fit.
        @Montag: Ah a Kensington sighting! I think I a simple white shirt would be better in that fit to provide some contrast.
        @Vicious: Nice fit! I think some people might think the pants are bunching up a bit, but I think that's fine for 99% of people out there.

Going neutral today.

Alfani Cardigan
        JCF shirt
        JCF tie
        Bonobos pants
        AE sanfords

Comment

Decided go whole (boss) hog for Easter. Grandma got the little guy seersucker so we had to put it into action.

Comment

Me this morning for Easter.

jacket - Merona Kensington (Never been totally thrilled with how this jacket looks on me, but it works for now. Looking to upgrade this in the near future to something better quality/fitting like the JCF Thompson cotton pique jacket)
            sweater - Merona
            shirt - JCF
            tie - JCF (I think this is the same tie you're wearing above, Acousticfoodie)
            pants - Jcrew
            shoes - AE Kenwood
            watch - Orient (replaced the shiny burgundy band it came with for a brown leather contrast stitched one)

Weather was lousy in the afternoon, so I switched it up and lost the tie/jacket.

same sweater & shirt
            jeans - Jcrew selvedge
            boots - Brooks Brothers
            watch - Seiko
            not shown - Barbour Bedale

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              No pix. No good camera right now.
              Oh ok. I thought maybe you weren't coding the links properly.

Comment

@Rive: I know everybody loves strands, but they actually are great, aren't they? I like your shirt, but does it like an optical illusion?
                @Montag: You know how to make the kensingtons look good. Is that a brown striped shirt?
                @Vicious: Nice. I like the thick tattersall shirt.
                @Acoustic: The subtle pattern on the tie is great, and makes the difference, in my opinion.
                @Lukeduke:Nice layering. I need to pick up that tie sometime, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                  @Focuspants: Like your avatar name you're always in focus since you look so sharp. No PS or tie tho?
                  Ohhh I did have a PS, plain white cotton, but put it in after the pic. No tie indeed. Occasion didnt call for it.

P.s I really like your latest post. Very well done.

Also BB, whole fam is looking sharp!

Comment

Awesome Easter Day getups, gents! Especially love the family shot there, BB. Nice!

OK, well my dad went with sportcoat, slacks & tie, so I decided to stay with the Birdseye plan - keeping the *grey* pants, white shirt - and just throw on a pastel/sky blue tie to get a bit more *Eastery*.

@Acoustic: I forgot to answer your question from yesterday. Yes, the blazer is OTR fit. I have yet to become buds with a friendly neighborhood tailor - and I need to for some other stuff - but yeah, I'm really liking the fit of this one, as is, too. Thanks for the feedback on it. I appreciate it, man.

Oh, and it rained this morning, so I replaced the leather-soled TBNY loafers with some much more weather-resistant Stafford Ashtons. Thus the belt and watch change too. I like to match those leathers as best I can.

I took an additional close-up shot outdoors (the sun came out to play later in the afternoon) to try to better show you guys the blue vs grey contrast, which is almost nonexistent in my suckily-lit indoor shots. The shades of the Birdseye blue blazer and the grey pants may still be a tad too close, but it was all I had to work with, and frankly I think it kinda worked. Yay or nay?

Does it still look like I'm trying to do a make-shift mismatched suit, or does the clarification of the actual color of the pants and the more detailed outdoor photo change that? Be honest. It's OK. I can take it. LOL

Blazer: BR Birdseye
                    Shirt: Express 1MX Fitted
                    Pants: BR vintage straight
                    Tie: American Eagle cotton *
                    Socks: JCF
                    Shoes: Stafford Ashtons *
                    Watch: Rotary Chronospeed *
                    Belt: BR *
                    Pocket square: Nicole Miller

* updated

Comment

@BB: Nice dappered family there
                      @LukeDuke: Nice use of the Kensington there. Nice look without being too formal.
                      @yoyo: Looks good! The birdseye blazer with gray pants looks great and it's much easier to see the difference in the left middle pic between the blue and dark gray. If you wanted to, you could probably take in the waist a little bit to get a more tapered look. The pastel blue tie is a nice spring touch.

Casual day today:

ON shirt
                      Filson Jacket
                      514s
                      Unknown boots that need IDing

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        @Montag: Ah a Kensington sighting! I think I a simple white shirt would be better in that fit to provide some contrast.
                        Originally posted by BB View Post
                        @Montag: You know how to make the kensingtons look good. Is that a brown striped shirt?
                        The official color of the shirt is "berry" so it's sort of a muted purple. The outfit is not quite as monotone in real life as it looks in the photos, but yes, a lighter colored shirt would have offered more contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by devirkahan View Post
                          @Shomas: Which pants from J Crew are those specifically? Because they look a lot slimmer than anything I've ever gotten from there.

Thanks!
                          I'm not 100% sure on the name of the model. I bought them last fall when they were getting rid of all of their linen blend stuff. They are some variety of linen-cotton blend, slim fit something or other. Sorry not to be more help.

Comment

@yoyo: I think the blazer/pants look great together. I love that blazer. I wish BR would quit putting functional buttons on so many of their blazer sleeves otherwise I'd have a ton of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              I'm not 100% sure on the name of the model. I bought them last fall when they were getting rid of all of their linen blend stuff. They are some variety of linen-cotton blend, slim fit something or other. Sorry not to be more help.
                              If they're these in almond (http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...ford/69541.jsp) then I'm a little surprised because the color looks really different online (I was about to purchase these, but now I'm unsure). They seem a lot more plain khaki than the brighter colored "almond" (what a name!) online.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                If they're these in almond (http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...ford/69541.jsp) then I'm a little surprised because the color looks really different online (I was about to purchase these, but now I'm unsure). They seem a lot more plain khaki than the brighter colored "almond" (what a name!) online.
                                I just went back into my email archives to see if I still had the shipping notification from J Crew. Turns out I do. It told me that these pants are the "Bowery slim in cotton-linen, Light Hickory."

Comment

Working...
                                X