Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@shomas - almost wore that same outfit yesterday except with jeans. shirt was navy gingham but pretty close. same sweater.
    My cocktail videos >

Comment

Looks like the weather is improving for everyone so far. Great fits all around. Andrew great socks and shoe combo. Rive: It's good to see more errand running stuff here. Jake I like that casual feel you're portraying. Shomas another classic. Eric the fit on all your clothing is fantastic.

Being budget friendly and trying an all thrift fit today (yea the mirror needs cleaning):

Nordstrom Shirt: $2.00
      Isaco tie: $1.00
      Merona Cardigan: $3.50
      Jcrew Chinos: $4.00
      Aketosh Captoes: $5.00
      Last edited by Acousticfoodie; March 29, 2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

@Acoustic--That's got to be one of the best $15.50 outfits possible. I still haven't found the go to thrift store yet. Nice work.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Accoustic, thanks, and very impressive for just $15.50

Comment

Acoustic, that is impressive thrifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
              I've been up in central coast wine country for the past week with the girlfriend on a mini-vacation. Haven't been taking too many pictures, but here are a few from the last couple days.
              I'm very jealous! And you look sharp - especially in the pic on the left.

Comment

Thanks for the kind feedback, all!

Andrew4h, I like the red laces in those shoes. I may have to try that in a somewhat similar pair of suede BR wingtips I have.
                Acoustic: What is your belt move with those shoes? I have a similarly-colored pair of Grenson cap toes and I'm always a little sheepish about wearing them, partly because I can't find a belt to go with them. I have a leather belt that's sort of in the ballpark color-wise, but it's far enough off that I'm not totally comfortable. There's always the option of something like a ribbon or web belt in a complementary color (navy?), but these particular shoes seem a little formal for that. Anyway, I'm curious about your approach with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  Acoustic: What is your belt move with those shoes? I have a similarly-colored pair of Grenson cap toes and I'm always a little sheepish about wearing them, partly because I can't find a belt to go with them. I have a leather belt that's sort of in the ballpark color-wise, but it's far enough off that I'm not totally comfortable. There's always the option of something like a ribbon or web belt in a complementary color (navy?), but these particular shoes seem a little formal for that. Anyway, I'm curious about your approach with yours.
                  Hey Shomas I usually wear a walnut belt that's just a tad darker but not too much that I don't find it unacceptable. I'll sometimes pair it with a cotton ribbon madras colored belt as well or in my WIWT go beltless. It's probably against "the rules" to do this since it's a balamoral captoe...but I treat them more like a casual shoe since the walnut color is less formal than say black or brown.

Comment

Shomas, definitely go for it. Particularly now that it's spring, adds a nice pop of color

oh, and highly suggest buying the laces from AE, free shipping and cheap/good quality

Comment

Me today. Casual getup for running errands and a late dinner with the wife at one of my favorite dives.

Wasn't aware of the amount of Jcrew I was wearing until now...

jacket - Jcrew (haven't worn this jacket in a few years...kinda forgot about it)
                      shirt - Jcrew Factory
                      sweater vest - Jcrew Factory (old)
                      jeans - Jcrew selvedge
                      shoes - Grenson
                      watch - Seiko w/ Timex NATO strap

Comment

@Acousticfoodie - That Filson trucker jacket looks better and better each time you wear it. Love the way you incorporate it into so many different outfits.
                        @Andrew4h - Those Walkovers look great. How's the sizing on those. I've considered picking up a pair on many occasions. Love the socks too.
                        @Jake101 - Something about your posts just always seem so natural and relaxed (coffee in hand or not). I like this look with the Kensington and polo. Very smooth.
                        @Shomas - I recently purchased that cardigan (from someone on these threads) and love it. This looks great on you. Agreed that this would only look better with some pants in a contrasting color like navy or gray, but that shirt is perfect for layering underneath.

Comment

@Luke--that's a nice layered casual look there. I couldnt wear that many layers in the dead of winter down here in FL. I really like those shoes. I'm thinking I need some suede loafers or drivers for spring and summer.
                          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@LukeDuke. I really like the jacket and not bad for digging it up after a few years!! Great layering and the watch strap is a nice casual "pop". Gonna order a couple myself later today

Comment

Lukeduke, thanks. My feet are kind of oddly shaped, so not sure how much help my experience will be with regards to the walkovers. They are size 10d and fit quite comfortably, but I usually wear something between 9d/e-9.5d/e if that helps.

Comment

@sabrown: No problem, and welcome to the WIWT fun!
                                @Lukeduke: Ahhhhhhhh... Daisy. Saw her at a ComicCon a few years back. Yeah, better stick to the reruns.
                                @Acoustic & Lukeduke: Thanks fellas. I have a tough time with loafers that do not have such a high/long vamp. Those TBNY ones are one of the better-fitting pairs I've ever had. I really like 'em, and will be wearing them even more now that the weather is getting nicer.

In general, great looks from everyone here these past few days. The usual suspects look dapper, per ... uhm... *usual*, and some of the newer dudes are following suit just fine. Inspirational styles all 'round.

Here's not my actual WIWT, but more of a WIMWT (what I might wear tomorrow). Looking for a little feedback before I do.

How does the blazer fit look? It feels pretty darn good; actually the better fit of my BR blazers. Doesn't pull at all; pulling makes me self-conscious. I thought the taupe fit better, but actually this Birdseye blue one seems to. Anyway, is it cool, visually?

I may wear this getup for Easter tomorrow. I often go a little more colorful, as in pastel-ish, for the whole Easter colors vibe. But not sure if I want to this year. I may swap out the white shirt for a light blue one, for that very reason. Then again I may just stick with this simple (and seemingly common, for me) color palette. I guess I like blues, greys and whites, eh? LOL - I just have quite a few items in the closet in those hues. Might get a little repetitive here from time to time.

Blazer: BR Birdseye
                                Shirt: Express 1MX Fitted
                                Pants: BR vintage straight
                                Socks: JCF
                                Shoes: TBNY
                                Watch: Orient Vintage
                                Pocket square: Nicole Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X