Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I overstepped any boundaries by re-posting sabrown's pics for him above, please virtually smack me upside my digital head. Nnnnnnmmmm'kayyy...? Just wanted to try to help him out. The image posting hosed me up at first too.

Okiedoke, here's my last-minute getup for a late-notice getdown at work (was working from home - had to quickly head into the office). Nothing flashy or poppy, but hopefully just safe enough to throw on without too much thought, I guess. I *think*. Doh!

Sweater: BR extra fine merino
    Shirt: BR pima cotton v-neck tee
    Pants: BR vintage straight micro-herringbone
    Socks: Gold Toe Auro
    Shoes: To Boot New York (forget the model name)
    Watch: Orient Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      @MarkB - love the dotted pocket square. Great contrast.
      Thanks. I felt this one looked better than the white one I tried.
      Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Agreed on both counts. MarkB, that jacket looks really nice and will likely be great for the warmer weather. Pairing it with jeans and that boldly patterned shirt (which I like a lot) is a great move.
      Thanks. I feel like I'm staring to gain a little more confidence in my choices lately. Probably from all of the "research" I've been doing looking through these forums.

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
      @MarkB - That jacket is really nice! However I do not agree on the pocket square, I think a plain one would have been better, a bit too much small pattern for my liking.
      I actually had this thought, but I ultimately thought this looked better than the plain white one I tried. Maybe next time I'll try my larger scale gingham shirt and see how it looks. Thanks for the feedback and compliment on the jacket.

I received nods of approval (at least that's how I took them) today from some of the better dressed gents in the cafe where the business/law school folks hang out. That was pretty cool.
      Last edited by MarkB; March 28, 2013, 06:03 PM.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

@Acoustic and yoyo--Thanks. I think it's because I wear a lot of patterned shirts because I don't wear jackets/sweaters that often, so it seemed a little to be lacking something.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          If I overstepped any boundaries by re-posting sabrown's pics for him above, please virtually smack me upside my digital head. Nnnnnnmmmm'kayyy...? Just wanted to try to help him out. The image posting hosed me up at first too.
          Thanks @yoyo, I didn't mind at all! I'm a rookie when it comes to posting in the forum, so thanks for the info!

Comment

@yoyorobbo - Yes, nothing flashy, but definitely well put together. As a big fan of loafers I'm really liking the sleek look of those TBNY's. Oh and forget about Bo...better question is how's Daisy?

@MarkB - As everyone has mentioned, that jacket fits you perfectly and I really like the outfit overall.

@sabrown - Nice work pulling the outfit together matching like colors. Burgundy is a great sweater color...wish I had more burgundy sweaters. Watch and shoes are slick.

Comment

@SAbrown: Welcome! Nice looking brown strands and watch!
              @MarkB: 30 dollars well spent!
              @Jake: Love the yellow laces
              @Andrew: Great use of classic colors
              @Pratyk: Great to seeya again! The fit of the shirt is fantastic and the pants look to have great texture and pattern
              @yoyo: Those TBNY loafers look really clean. Very nice modern last.

Giving the bathroom pic a a try:

BR shirt
              unknown knit tie
              Bonobos pants
              Alfani cardigan
              Cole Haan Chelseas
              Filson Jacket
              Last edited by Acousticfoodie; March 28, 2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Finally a day without rain:

Jacket - JCrew
                Shirt - CT
                Pants - Levis 514
                Socks - Richer Poorer
                Shoes - Walk-Over

Comment

The "It's the day off, no client interaction, light office work, then running errands" edition:

Shirt: Batman, thin gray heather, very comfortable
                  Watch: Tag Aquaracer
                  Jeans: 7
                  Socks: black Nike
                  Shoes: Air Max 2009 retro (I was a Niketalk frequenter way back in the undergrad days, sneakers are my weakness)

Not pictured: Black North Face Fleece Hoodie, Long sleeve Old Navy T-Shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                    @SAbrown: Welcome! Nice looking brown strands and watch!
                    @MarkB: 30 dollars well spent!
                    @Jake: Love the yellow laces
                    @Andrew: Great use of classic colors
                    @Pratyk: Great to seeya again! The fit of the shirt is fantastic and the pants look to have great texture and pattern
                    @yoyo: Those TBNY loafers look really clean. Very nice modern last.
                    I got like 4-5 pants stitched up while I was in India for a wedding. I just gave the tailor my BR Tailored fit pants and selected the material and told him to replicate them as is. He did a pretty decent job at it.
                    Last edited by pratyk; March 29, 2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Nice day outside. Sockless! I figured unstructured Kensington is ok with a polo. Thoughts?

Comment

Today's action:

Sweater: J Crew (thanks Vicious49!)
                        Shirt: J Crew Factory
                        Pants: J Crew Factory
                        (I didn't realize I was doing the all J Crew thing today...oh well)
                        Shoes: AE
                        Socks H&M
                        Watch: Timex

I think this would be better with more contrast between the pants & sweater and the socks may be a little out of place, but I think I'll make it through the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                          @shomas thanks, it's probably the coffee. I usually put a little more effort in when I walk the streets of NYC as for the tie dimpling, I like to tighten the initial go-round, and when I'm pulling it through for the lat part, kinda use three fingers with the middle finger pushing in (making he dimple) and using the other fingers to pull up. Sounds weird typing but makes sense in person. Sheez.
                          Thanks-that's helpful. All you need to put extra effort into when walking the streets of NYC is walking quickly and in a straight line!

Comment

Shomas - That cardigan suits you better than it did me. I think I might have those same H&M socks. My wife has some app that her and her friends keep referring coupons to each other. Every month we each get a $6 coupon for H&M. I bought socks with my credit one time and then a white undershirt this last time.

Comment

@shomas - I've got the same cardigan and I really like it. Looks good on you!

Comment

Whoa, lots of great looks over the past few days guys. I'm having a hard time catching up! Shomas, loved that new BR blazer combo a page back or so. Amazing. Jake, I think that kensington/polo/kahki combo works well. Must be the camera shot, but it almost looks like you swapped out the brown buttons for something in a grey/lighter blue. Hah.

I've been up in central coast wine country for the past week with the girlfriend on a mini-vacation. Haven't been taking too many pictures, but here are a few from the last couple days.

Comment

Working...
                                X