Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the way out the door to the symphony with the wife.

Suit - Navy Stafford Essentials from JC Penny
    Shirt - Croft and Barrow from Khols
    Tie - Silver Grenafaux from The Tie Bar
    Shoes - Black low quarters from the USAF (hey, gotta save money where ever you can - amirite?)
    Last edited by A3M0N; March 24, 2013, 04:57 PM.
    http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Comment

@Shomas: Great fit and the shirt looks great
      @A3: Stafford looks good for the price. More than 1 inch showing for the sleeves tho?

Being a bum again:

Gap Trucker
      BR polo
      Bonobos pants
      Allen Edmonds

Comment

@foodie: yeah, I had the cuffs buttoned on the larger button hope, should have use the tighter one.

Comment

That's about where my sleeves are. I like showing a little more cuff than most. I like the look.

Comment

My maiden post in this thread. Nothing complicated but I like it simple most of the time.

Target Kensington blazer
            Land's End OCBD
            Levis 505
            Clarks desert boots

Comment

Palm Sunday getup.

Me with the girl.

Jacket: Perry Ellis
              Shirt: thrifted, no tag, purple stripes
              tie: thrifted blue wool
              pants: J Crew cords
              shoes: Stafford wingtips

Comment

Originally posted by hon140 View Post
                @ Shomas

It's a great look, as always, but the thing that has really stood out to me from your past looks is how perfect those jeans are for you. Perfect cuff size, perfect length, slim enough that there's not extra denim hanging off you, but not slim enough to read as "skinny." They're really awesome.

As someone constantly searching for a new pair of dark denim, any chance you could share the leg opening? The range between straight and skinny is so large (3") that it's rare to see a pair that bridges it perfectly.
                Thanks, hon140! The opening on those is 7.5". I bought them a couple of years ago so I can't recall for sure, but I think they were classified as slim.

Comment

Great first post! Looks good and fits well! Also that Kensington blazer looks a whole lot smoother on you than it ever does on me. I think I should iron it more often.

Originally posted by Montag311 View Post
                  My maiden post in this thread. Nothing complicated but I like it simple most of the time.
                  Target Kensington blazer
                  Land's End OCBD
                  Levis 505
                  Clarks desert boots

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sasco View Post
                    @ Bruschetta - I go to...Dundee
                    Matt, if feel free to send me a PM if you're ever in Glasgow and want to get a pint or hit up Buchanan street.

Originally posted by A3M0N View Post
                    On the way out the door to the symphony with the wife.
                    Suit - Navy Stafford Essentials from JC Penny
                    The Stafford suit fits you well.
                    Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Palm Sunday getup.
                    I like this outfit, BB.

Comment

Shomas, looks great as always. I like how you use bold colors.

A3mon, that looks nice.

Montag, that's the best I've ever seen a Kensington look. You get that pressed or something?

Acoustic, you can't call it "bumming around" if you're wearing AE double monks. That's putting the bar way too high for those of us who actually do bum around from time to time...
                      And that denim jacket is killer.

Matt Sasco, I like the suit and your layering. Nice Glen plaid.
                      Last edited by BB; March 24, 2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Bruschetta, thanks. It's a Peter Rabbit-themed dress with a white cardigan, tights and pink baby shoes. I think the pink shoes don't really go with it, but the navy and yellow ones were dirty from playing out in the yard yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I know I don't contribute feedback on this forum, but I'm still learning about style. But you guys all look good! I wish I had more days to dress nicely than just Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                            Bruschetta, thanks. It's a Peter Rabbit-themed dress with a white cardigan, tights and pink baby shoes. I think the pink shoes don't really go with it, but the navy and yellow ones were dirty from playing out in the yard yesterday.
                            My only response to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
                              Haha...thank you, sir! Yes, the Bedale was a recent purchase I made at the Barbour outlet in Kittery, ME. My wife and I took a "babymoon" trip to New England and I made sure we made a stop in Kittery to visit the outlet store. I sized down one size for a more tailored fit and I think it was the right choice. The sleeves are a tad short, but I might have my tailor lengthen then a bit.
                              How is that Barbour outlet? I live 10 minutes from there and have never actually been into it.

Comment

@drocpsu - If you're a fan of Barbour gear then I would say it's definitely worth checking out considering you're only 10min from there. I was just there the one time, but I would guess selection can be somewhat hit or miss (like a typical outlet store) especially if you're looking for something specific like a certain color Beaufort or Bedale. It's a small place, but they had a ton of clothing (sweaters, jeans, shirts, and accessories) and lots of different models of jackets when I was there. I believe they had just started their winter clearance sale, so sweaters were real cheap. They also had some pairs of selvedge denim for like $20-$30.

Comment

Working...
                                X