Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Matt: Anything that involves a blazer tends to be over dressed at the uni it seems. I think this comic illustrates it pretty well:
    @Rive: Thanks!

Anyways, I had to run out and do some errands so had to switchout of my bum PJs to my bum casual:

Mossimo henley
    Bonobos pants
    Gap Trucker
    Tso loafers

Comment

Matt, do you mind me asking which university you're attending?

Comment

First WIWT post. Nice day attending a local beer festival and dinner with the wife. Wearing some of my casual favorites.

Jacket - navy Barbour Bedale
        Sweater vest - JCF
        OCBD - Land Ends
        Jeans - Levis made in the USA 505
        Boots - Red Wing Beckman
        Shades - Costco Kirkland wayfarers

Comment

Welcome LukeDuke!

Is that a....it is...

Congrats! I think you're the first person to sport a barbour in the WIWTs! Looks good!

Comment

Haha...thank you, sir! Yes, the Bedale was a recent purchase I made at the Barbour outlet in Kittery, ME. My wife and I took a "babymoon" trip to New England and I made sure we made a stop in Kittery to visit the outlet store. I sized down one size for a more tailored fit and I think it was the right choice. The sleeves are a tad short, but I might have my tailor lengthen then a bit.

Comment

I know the sleeves on the Calibrate shirts are about an inch shorter than ideal for me but do you think I need to shorten the sleeves on this jacket? I haven't done any tailoring to it yet.

shirt - Calibrate
              jeans - BR factory
              blazer - BR
              shoes - AE McTavish

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                I know the sleeves on the Calibrate shirts are about an inch shorter than ideal for me but do you think I need to shorten the sleeves on this jacket? I haven't done any tailoring to it yet.
                .375"

Comment

@ Vicious - OK. I may have missed it from long ago, but what are the deets on the BR factory jeans? Can I buy BR factory jeans online? I'm just interested because they have a great look. Also... still incredibly envious of the McTavish's. Well done!

Regarding the sleeves of the jacket; they look a little long; ideally, it looks like they should be shortened.

Comment

@Matt Sasco: I don't think I'd wear them on a particularly nasty day, but if it's not currently raining hard and the snow is mostly cleared, I'm not going to sweat it. We'll see if I live to regret that...

@Vicious: The sleeves are slightly longer than ideal, but it's not a big deal. Overall, the outfit looks great.

This is me tonight, a rare night out with my wife:

(Sorry about the crappy photo)
                    Jacket: no brand apparent (from a vintage store). This thing is made of very thick wool flannel, kind of a cross between a shirt and a jacket. Very warm and a nice primary red. It's not hard to get the bartender's attention in this.
                    Shirt: BR
                    Jeans: Uniqlo
                    Shoes: Florsheim. This was the maiden voyage of these Florsheims I bought last fall at a deep discount. Overall impression: pretty damn nice for the money.
                    Last edited by Shomas; March 24, 2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

@Shomas - Great look. Red jacket looks great. Red wool?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                        @Shomas - Great look. Red jacket looks great. Red wool?
                        Thanks - (I clearly didn't get my edit in quickly enough) - it is indeed wool. It's scratchy, but not really a problem unless it's worn over a t-shirt, which is pretty unlikely.

Comment

Looks fantastic; well done! Great mix of color.

Comment

Jeff - I got the jeans about 4-5 months ago but saw the same ones at the outlet when I was there last week when we could use the F&F coupons. You have to go in to an outlet store to buy them. The 2 pairs of jeans I have from there fit much better than all the ones I tried at the actual BR stores. Their sizing seems much more consistent to me as well.

Comment

@ Bruschetta - I go to Abertay University in Dundee, a rather small place, yes. And it is no St Andrews by any means I'm graduating this year.

Comment

@ Shomas

It's a great look, as always, but the thing that has really stood out to me from your past looks is how perfect those jeans are for you. Perfect cuff size, perfect length, slim enough that there's not extra denim hanging off you, but not slim enough to read as "skinny." They're really awesome.

As someone constantly searching for a new pair of dark denim, any chance you could share the leg opening? The range between straight and skinny is so large (3") that it's rare to see a pair that bridges it perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X