X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Feeling a bit *earthy* today.

Boots: Stafford Cutter
    Hey yoyo, Cutters look good. From the pic the leather looks solid for the price point - how did you feel about the sizing?

Lots of boots in recent WIWT. Looking good everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric F View Post
      Hey yoyo, Cutters look good. From the pic the leather looks solid for the price point - how did you feel about the sizing?
      Thanks Eric! The leather on the Cutters is decent, but ya really gotta keep up with the cleaner/conditioner, IMO. If you don't, they seem to quite quickly get a worn-in look near the line of the cap-toe. Of course, that could be something someone is looking for, so there's that too. That cap *line* is the only part that sometimes bugs me, but more on the feel/comfort. They're not uncomfortable by any means, but you can feel that *line* every once in a while, if you flex your foot/toes. Ya dig?

Anyway yeah, with somewhat dedicated upkeep, the leather is looking and feeling very soft and seemingly worth much more than the cost. I got mine with a F&F 20% off coupon for $48. I think they are on clearance now for $36 or so. Nice!

Oh, and yeah, on the sizing: my foot *measures* an 11.5. In *most* these Staffords (all except the crazily-sized cognac wingtip boots - Camlins), I wear 11. I have the Ashton (cognac wingtip oxford), the Ashford (black longwing blucher), and the Cutter here (dark-bown cap-toe boot). So I would say I sized down a half size, but then again I seem to wear 11 in several other dress/casual shoes. In some athletic shoes, I wear 12. In some boots I wear 11.5. But in most dress shoes, I seem to be wearing 11. So maybe they are actually TTS.
      Last edited by yoyorobbo; March 22, 2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

i got the cutters for $24, but they stain my socks black so there's a continual price to pay :\

Comment

@ Margotron

What jacket is that???

Also, it's a great look, incase that wasn't already implied

Comment

@yoyorobbo, thanks man. the chukkas had actually been treated with the waterproofer--but that was 6-9 months ago, so not sure if it still worked. And the pic is them post initial cleaning with eraser/brush. hoping to do more work, but doubt they will ever look clean again. Gotta take the good with the bad. I do like your outfit; though it is difficult from the camera angle to see the fit. Looks fine from the pic you have. Id be concerned that sizing down might feel a bit tight.

@incognito, love the shoes. i got a pair of the Brantleys (old and discontinued) and love them. Its pretty much the same, except no medallion

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
              i got the cutters for $24, but they stain my socks black so there's a continual price to pay :\
              Oooo, man! Now that you mention it, I think they did mark up a pair of mine too, but only on the red heel-patch of a pair of Happy Socks. I guess I tend to wear darker socks with the Cutters, so maybe that's why I don't see the staining thing. Or maybe it did it once, and now it's done. Hmmn...

Comment

Continuing with the boot theme, I went with my Malverns today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Those look great, Vicious. Ya'know, looking again at your awesome Orient there, I think my favorite part about it is the date window placement. That may sound odd, but I just think it's pretty damn unique. Great getup, per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Vicious, this is an excellent outfit.

Comment

@yoyo: Whoa, stafford cutters? Those look like pretty solid boots. I'm surprised we haven't seen them more often since the stafford wingtip boot is so popular around here. The seiko watch looks very solid as well. The fit of the quarter zip looks good to me. Hard to tell at that angle tho. To answer your pervious question, the jacket I had on was a guess zip trucker jacket.
                      @Vicious: Solid. Very solid
                      @Tomas: Nice colors. I feel like a "poof" pocket square fold would look better.
                      @Margo: Very Manly fit! All you're missing is some logs and an axe
                      @Shomas: Great fit!

There was some questions about the Tie I had in my previous WIWT. It's just a vintage wool knit Pierre Cardin tie I found thrifting.

Fit from past two days:

Just lounging around:

BR Quarter Sweater
                      514s
                      J&M Loafers

Lounging in the library

Mossimo T-shirt
                      Levi Trucker
                      514s
                      Tso loafers
                      Last edited by Acousticfoodie; March 22, 2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Studying indoors with no where to go so bumming around in PJs:

Comment

@ Acoustic, that's a pretty well put together look, for being casual. I really like the texture of the hoodie as well as the nautical cues. The v-neck is a nice pop of color.
                          @ Shomas, I know this is Dappered and not coiffe talk, but the haircut is killing it. Fits the glasses, the beard, the whole ensemble. I wish I could get to my hair to do that. Kudos and golf clap sir.
                          Last edited by RiveDroit; March 23, 2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much, RiveDroit! Between the credit that goes to my barber (the best in NYC), and my genes, there isn't much that legitimately belongs to me, but I'll take it.

Comment

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i0xips.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/29omlap.jpg

Jcp shirt
                              Br sweater
                              Jcp terry cotton sport coat
                              Tie bar tie
                              Target cords
                              Chelsea boots found on yoox

Comment

@Shomas - those monk straps are to die for! On the subject of sole protectors, would you dare take them out in a wet winter day when there is salt all over? I find that they use way too much salt around here, and hence my nicest shoes don't get as much wear as my beater ones...

This next picture is the perfect example of how casual my university is, I was asked if I was here for the interview, because I looked very smart. Really? Polka dot shirt, unstructured navy blazer, burgundy pants and big ass ugly boots constitute as smart?

Now yesterday I went to Edinburgh university for a talk and there I saw a lot more blazers and nice touches, so didn't stand out that much in a suit. The bloke in the middle is the former prime minister of Hungary, he had a rather nice style as well, but he is a millioner, come on.

Comment

Working...
                                X