This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Vicious: Return of casual vicious!
    @JoeG: The fit is fantastic, love the use of bold socks.
    @BJMC: Good choice on the malverns!
    @Tomas: Fantastic looking sportcoat
    @LesserDog: Simple and casual and clean like always
    @EricF: Great example of how simple basics can come across looking fantastic!
    @yoyo: DAT SEIKO DAT ROTARY
    @BB: Traditional colors and fit nice.

Probably could have used some patterns:

Comment

@Matt - Thanks! They were a present, from myself Got them during the recent 2 for $250 factory sale.

Comment

@LesserBlackDog
        I'm usually not a fan of short jackets or cargo pants, but that look is perfectly executed. Great stuff.
        @AcousticFoodie
        I think a gray sportcoat would have pulled together your look a bit more, but it works as is. I really like the texture on that tie.

Thanks to all for the compliments. I have stolen most of my ideas from the lot of you.

It's another overcast, cold day in NYC so I figured I'd try to winterize my red gingham shirt a bit.

Blazer: Land's End Tailored Fit
        Shirt: Uniqlo
        Pants: Bonobos
        Tie, tie bar & pocket square: The Tie Bar
        Shoes: Loake 1880 Pimlico
        Watch: Orient Symphony

Feedback and critique, as always, are more than welcome.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Acoustic, really like that tie! Source?

Comment

ThomasR, is that tie textured? I might check that out.

Acoutsic, likewise, nice tie. I'd also like to hear were that's from.

It's windy here today.

J Crew Ludlow Colburn English Yorkshire Tweed by Moon Mills (the jacket with a thousand possible names)
            Calibrate shirt
            J Crew cords
            J&M wingtips

Comment

@BB
              The tie is one of The Tie Bar's woolens and it has a nice fuzzy nap which provides the great texture. Here's the link: http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page....ptionValueIds=

I'm a big fan of The Tie Bar's wool ties and have them in a couple of different colors. Great fall/winter tie for sure.

Comment

Acoustic - I'd like to know about the tie as well.

Lots of texture today. Not sure if it all fit together properly. I'm still experimenting to so feel free to criticize or offer suggestions. I was trying to wear brown malverns with it, but I don't think I can get away with wearing brown shoes with these pants. Also, if I was to wear a blazer, what kind of blazer would go well with this outfit?

shirt - JCrew Factory
                sweater - BR
                tie - BR
                pants - Bonobos

Comment

@Vicious49
                  Solid look all around. There is lots of texture, but it's great. As long as your textures are all seasonally harmonious, it's hard to make lots of texture look as overwhelming as lots of patterns. Also, you could have definitely worn your Malverns with that look. Charcoal and brown go great together. Only thing I'd change about this look is the break on the pants as I prefer no-break and it would keep your crease line clean.

Comment

Originally posted by TomasR View Post
                    @Vicious49
                    Solid look all around. There is lots of texture, but it's great. As long as your textures are all seasonally harmonious, it's hard to make lots of texture look as overwhelming as lots of patterns. Also, you could have definitely worn your Malverns with that look. Charcoal and brown go great together. Only thing I'd change about this look is the break on the pants as I prefer no-break and it would keep your crease line clean.
                    I'm wearing charcoal pants today too and had the same dilemma when picking out shoes... Went with black. If I do wear the brown next time, do I go with grey socks to match the pants, or brown socks to go with the shoes? I seem to remember reading that your socks should appear more as an extension of your pants. Unless you go with something completely different.

Comment

Casual chilly day on Spring Break

Tshirt: Target
                      Henley: Target
                      Jeans: Levi's
                      Boots: Clarks
                      Coat: Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                        I'm wearing charcoal pants today too and had the same dilemma when picking out shoes... Went with black. If I do wear the brown next time, do I go with grey socks to match the pants, or brown socks to go with the shoes? I seem to remember reading that your socks should appear more as an extension of your pants. Unless you go with something completely different.
                        Matching socks to pants is "safe", but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Example, in my WIWT I'm wearing red woven socks, brown chinos and chocolate suede chukkas. However, my shirt, tie and pocket square all have red. As long as your socks pair with a prominent color in your outfit, go for it.

Comment

I'll play

Comment

6 months in, and these have become my go-to shoes, surprisingly versatile. I wear these maybe 2x a week. Other than shoe trees, I haven't done anything to them. The chocolate leather is beautiful, they're breaking in nicely. Worn mostly with gray wool and dark jeans. I love these boots.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                              As for shoes... black shoes are safe with charcoal. According to Style Forum, if it is a charcoal suit, only black shoes. If you are wearing charcoal pants, dark brown/chocolate suede are ok. So no brown shoes with a charcoal suit.

Comment

Originally posted by RiveDroit View Post
                                6 months in, and these have become my go-to shoes, surprisingly versatile. I wear these maybe 2x a week. Other than shoe trees, I haven't done anything to them. The chocolate leather is beautiful, they're breaking in nicely. Worn mostly with gray wool and dark jeans. I love these boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X